Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check engine light came on and brought it into the dealership. They called me a few days later and it was the cam lobe ring that fell off and will need the cam to be replaced. Should I just take the car back after they just replace the cam? Or should I ask them to prove that there isn’t any other damage done due to this? So far I haven’t heard this happening a lot. Any advice? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Check engine light came on and brought it into the dealership. They called me a few days later and it was the cam lobe ring that fell off and will need the cam to be replaced. Should I just take the car back after they just replace the cam? Or should I ask them to prove that there isn’t any other damage done due to this? So far I haven’t heard this happening a lot. Any advice? Thanks!
Is this the HP fuel pump cam on the exhaust cam that's come loose or one of the cam CMP sensor rings?

Ciao

·
Registered
362 Posts
It happend to me the weekend after the hg recall replacement. They did the whole head. The tone ring on the intake cam fell off. No internal damage at all happened.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for replying so far. After I talk to the dealer I’ll post
What he says. 👊🏻

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Magnus79
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing