Ford Focus RS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
I’ve also registered for April 4-5! I will actually have a year of ownership on April 5. I have no track experience, so I’m really stoked!
Awesome see you there. Me too, will be pretty much my first track experience. I did a couple laps in a Formula Ford once which was fun, but not really applicable to anything else.
I’ve been waiting for AA, and then will start looking for track days and AutoX to take my own RS to.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Any thoughts if they will also run this in 2019? I’m getting married late 2018 and my fiancé suggested road tripping down from Vancouver and include this in our honeymoon. I thought it was a great idea

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Any thoughts if they will also run this in 2019? I’m getting married late 2018 and my fiancé suggested road tripping down from Vancouver and include this in our honeymoon. I thought it was a great idea
I was worried they might not offer it for the 2018 model year. Some of these (including mine) aren't sold/bought yet or even in the US. I've seen, now, the the offer is open to the 18's as well. So, I hope the have some spots open and available for a while perhaps into 2019. That said, I plan to register ASAP for the soonest available opportunity. I don't want to miss the experience because I dilly dallied.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Awesome I’ll see you there! Yeah, I’m excited to see how much I can push the RS without having to destroy my own first. Although I wonder if they have the “drift stick” on some of them so that we could test it out.

·
Super Moderator
16,046 Posts
Good news for those attending the 2018 sessions. RSAA is looking to install some drift sticks for the drift mode exercises.

·
Registered
148 Posts
how soon after you register do you get any info about the event? i registered for the first one a few weeks ago and have yet to receive an email or anything.

·
Banned
713 Posts
how soon after you register do you get any info about the event? i registered for the first one a few weeks ago and have yet to receive an email or anything.
I choose to get the optional liability insurance and got an immediate email back on that. :)
I got a second email back, maybe a minute later, that said I was registered. :)

You might want to call and check ; they might have gotten your email wrong? They are pretty responsive on phone messages; when I tried to enter my actual purchase date of 1/04/2018 it wouldn't accept it; so I called and left a message and they called me back in 5 or so minutes.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wow, did the dates get filled up quickly! I originally wanted a date in the spring so I can get some skiing in but had to settle for June 6th. If anyone wants to trade down the line please let me know. With regards to the liability insurance, perhaps my current auto insurance or credit card provide some sort of coverage here?

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Wow, did the dates get filled up quickly! I originally wanted a date in the spring so I can get some skiing in but had to settle for June 6th. If anyone wants to trade down the line please let me know. With regards to the liability insurance, perhaps my current auto insurance or credit card provide some sort of coverage here?
I know of someone who used their insurance, but I can’t remember which insurer it was. Ask your insurance agent to see if it covers it?

·
Banned
713 Posts
You better check, most insurance companies don't cover track or track-like events such as the RS Adrenaline Academy :eek: ...but it is hard to ask your insurance company at directly, because they would obviously say NO Better to get a copy of your policy and read the fine legal print.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just signed up for the July 1-2 dates! Pretty stoked as this would be my first track experience (and first time over in Utah as well)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Do they sell helmets at the race track? I've been wanting to get my own for a while.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
They do not sell them at the Academy. Not sure if there were any other stores on site. I believe in the 2017 RSAA thread there were some links of helmets people had purchased.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Do they sell helmets at the race track? I've been wanting to get my own for a while.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I’d highly recommend finding the closest racing supply store and going in person. Fit and comfort are the most important things when getting a helmet.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I bought the extra day for April 18-20 and paid liability for both events. With flights and hotels it's adding up to be a pricey trip, but it should be good!
Just out of curiosity what is everyone spending for a full trip?

61 - 80 of 109 Posts