Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2017 FoRS mk3
67 Posts
I still have nightmares, waking up in the middle of the night, covered in sweat, screaming "ill take it for 90" =)

·
Super Moderator
16,182 Posts
It was purchased from Nalley Ford in Atlanta and it's now in Orem, UT. Car hasn't been driven much, looks to be mostly highway miles unless it was trailered all the way back to Utah.

Reactions: SVTbuckeye11

·
Registered
67 Posts
I offered The guy $36k when it was in CG. Ghosted me. He'll end up getting less, almost assuredly.

Seemed like a good car. (Prob had battery issues if not driven much in winter, hence the cover off.) The one I bought (1500mi) had the battery replaced, too. In fact, the original 18 RR I bought was in the dealership showroom for nearly a year and had to replace the battery before I bought it...

·
Registered
222 Posts
I offered The guy $36k when it was in CG. Ghosted me. He'll end up getting less, almost assuredly.

Seemed like a good car. (Prob had battery issues if not driven much in winter, hence the cover off.) The one I bought (1500mi) had the battery replaced, too. In fact, the original 18 RR I bought was in the dealership showroom for nearly a year and had to replace the battery before I bought it...
Did you buy the RS at the dealership in Michigan? That one went quickly.

·
Registered
430 Posts

Just curious, but did you buy the RR that was for sale at the Dodge Dealer? I noticed a few weeks ago on ‘18 RR pop up at a Dodge Dealer with only 1.5k miles & it sold in 2 days. They were asking 35.9k which was an excellent price, considering today’s market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just curious, but did you buy the RR that was for sale at the Dodge Dealer? I noticed a few weeks ago on ‘18 RR pop up at a Dodge Dealer with only 1.5k miles & it sold in 2 days. They were asking 35.9k which was an excellent price, considering today’s market.

For a day or two and then they raised the price to $38k or $39k.

·
Registered
430 Posts
For a day or two and then they raised the price to $38k or $39k.

Same thing with the ‘18 NB that just sold yesterday at the Chevy Dealer. I asked the price & she tells me 36.9k. A few hours later another sales guy emails me saying it’s 38.9k. Then the next day it was sold. Someone paid 42k for that car with 15k miles on it. Blows me away how desperate some guys are to own one. I’d offer them 30k & walk. I love the RS but will never overpay for a used car.

·
Registered
2016 RS
93 Posts
we can complain about pricing all we want, I don’t think it’s helping your search though.. either you want the car or you don’t.. lol if your not willing to pay 2-3 k more then what you think is your limit, your going to be looking a long time, and the mileage isn’t going to get any better and there will be a lot less to choose from that aren’t molested.. just my opinion... I paid 30k CAD last year for one with 40k kms... did I over pay... probably, am I happy, *uck yes...

Reactions: Martin y

·
Registered
222 Posts
Same thing with the ‘18 NB that just sold yesterday at the Chevy Dealer. I asked the price & she tells me 36.9k. A few hours later another sales guy emails me saying it’s 38.9k. Then the next day it was sold. Someone paid 42k for that car with 15k miles on it. Blows me away how desperate some guys are to own one. I’d offer them 30k & walk. I love the RS but will never overpay for a used car.

Everything you said did not go unnoticed by me. I was on my way to see that blue RS, it’s about 8 miles from my home. I was busy, Thursday, and thinking it would still be there. It wasn’t. There are several for sale now but I was looking for some with lower mileage. I already have a red one and was hoping to add a blue one. As far as pricing I am sure what I am looking for would sell at or above $38k. I did look at the Red RS in Westmont, Illinois and it had nicks all the way around the car so I pasted on that one and it sold in about two weeks also. They were asking $37 and I think the mileage was 13k maybe it was 15 I can remember, otherwise that car was great.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Everything you said did not go unnoticed by me. I was on my way to see that blue RS, it’s about 8 miles from my home. I was busy, Thursday, and thinking it would still be there. It wasn’t. There are several for sale now but I was looking for some with lower mileage. I already have a red one and was hoping to add a blue one. As far as pricing I am sure what I am looking for would sell at or above $38k. I did look at the Red RS in Westmont, Illinois and it had nicks all the way around the car so I pasted on that one and it sold in about two weeks also. They were asking $37 and I think the mileage was 13k maybe it was 15 I can remember, otherwise that car was great.

I’ll be honest, blue & red aren’t my colors of choice, but if the ‘18 NB at the Chevy Dealer was 36k then I would’ve considered it. But as soon as the dealers come to realize what the car is they up the prices. The mileage did bug me though, 15k miles is about my limit with buying a performance car.

Ideally, I’d like an FW w/o a sunroof, however I’ll consider SG or SB if the cars are local. I think the only color I’d buy sight unseen is FW, but if the miles on any of those are below 10k I’d consider having it shipped, as long as the HG’s were done & the Carfax reports look clean.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Ideally, I’d like an FW w/o a sunroof
Didn't know we wanted the same spec. Although I would take black as a close second option pretty quickly.

Do you not want a sunroof because you are tall or just because of possible leaks and the aesthetic?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
430 Posts
Didn't know we wanted the same spec. Although I would take black as a close second option pretty quickly.

Do you not want a sunroof because you are tall or just because of possible leaks and the aesthetic?

Honestly, I just hate how they look & it ruins the look of a nicely painted roof. You have a nice looking white car & a hole cut out with a piece of glass, it makes no sense? Plus, I’d never use it anyways because I don’t like dust inside my interior. And yea, the possibility of long-term leaks as well. I’ve seen a few RS’s I’ve liked over the last year, but the sunroof was a deal breaker. I’m still not sure why Ford felt like a sunroof was necessary on a performance hatch? Same goes with the ST3, it’s really not necessary, but with the ST3 you’re stuck with it.

·
Premium Member
2,964 Posts
It does add value if you ever sell your car to have a sun roof.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I agree. I have seen very few FW RS2s w/o a sunroof. I would be able to deal with it in a black one, but I do have a tall problem. 6'3" but I'm mostly leg. I have about 2-3 inches of headroom in my 2013 SE, but obviously the seats are different and I'm not sure if the Recaros sit lower than normal focus seats.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I agree. I have seen very few FW RS2s w/o a sunroof. I would be able to deal with it in a black one, but I do have a tall problem. 6'3" but I'm mostly leg. I have about 2-3 inches of headroom in my 2013 SE, but obviously the seats are different and I'm not sure if the Recaros sit lower than normal focus seats.

I currently have one of the few ‘13 Titanium Hatchback w/o a sunroof, I got lucky. That was a big reason why I bought it because it’s rare & all of the SEL’s have sunroofs.

Btw, off topic but I’m currently pursuing a buyback on my ‘13, only 46k miles, due to the class action settlement in CA. with Ford & the DPS6. I got a postcard a few years ago because my VIN was included. Capstone has all of my invoices under warranty (shudder on acceleration concerns by me) & purchase contracts so I’m awaiting to hear back, hopefully within a few weeks. That’s why I’m in no rush to buy an RS because how my case turns out will determine what I buy & I don’t have room for two cars, so I need to wait.

Is your ‘13 Focus SE included?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Yeah, I filled out the info on the lawsuit site, but haven't gotten any new info on a disbursement. I'm not eligible for a buy back, I had 3-4 services in the allotted time so I'm eligible for a couple hundred bucks for inconvenience. Ohio's lemon laws are pretty garbage, especially compared to California. I have just over 100k on mine and luckily I have very little issue with bucking so I'm good for now.

Saving up to buy the RS in cash or take very little in a loan if its "the perfect one" and depending on the market at the time. I'm probably a year out so hopefully we aren't competing for the same car by then, haha.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
This Cars & Bids RR is still wayyyyy below reserve. Wonder what it ends at. I personally wouldn't buy a car at auction unless I knew it's history. Too much or a risk. I need to walk around it etc.

My 18 NB doesn't have a sun roof. :p I personally don't like them. Adds weight. I do love the sunroof in my wife's 2020 4Runner. When the back window is down and the roof is open, it is a most enjoyable breeze. But I hate convertibles. And I hate sunroofs. Neither belongs as an option for a sports car.

·
Super Moderator
16,182 Posts
Bidding has definitely died, a 2017 CTR just sold for $30,750 on Cars and Bids. Still have a day left for the price to go up.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I've watched a few auctions and they all had a lot of action within the last hour and last minute. This site adds time to the auction if someone bids with little time left to avoid sniping.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts