Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about looking into a 2018 NB RS 25 miles from me but have the following reservations and would like some feedback from other members. I have a 2017 Shadow Black with 3,400 miles on it and an in service date of May last year. Two full years of bumper to bumper left and is 100% stock. It has been coated in Crystal Serum Ultra and two layers of Exo V4 with Expel film on the front bumper, part of the hood and fenders and side mirrors and all of the pillars that are the plastic. I have been keeping my eye out for an 18 due to the lower numbers. The one available has 20,600 miles and has been tuned. I am concerned about the unknown of someone else having it first. I bought mine new. It’s tough because it’s so close to my house and I don’t know how many of these are going to pop up. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Unless you didn't get and want the RS2 package I would stick with the devil you know. The you can buy the differential if you really want that as well.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
You bought your car new, so you're going to take a huge loss to upgrade to the 18 (which has a lot more miles and potentially no engine warranty).... The only real reason to get an 18 is for the LSD, and for the amount of money you're about to lose, it would most likely be cheaper to just get the upgraded mountune trans with LSD installed in your 17.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I am thinking about looking into a 2018 NB RS 25 miles from me but have the following reservations and would like some feedback from other members. I have a 2017 Shadow Black with 3,400 miles on it and an in service date of May last year. Two full years of bumper to bumper left and is 100% stock. It has been coated in Crystal Serum Ultra and two layers of Exo V4 with Expel film on the front bumper, part of the hood and fenders and side mirrors and all of the pillars that are the plastic. I have been keeping my eye out for an 18 due to the lower numbers. The one available has 20,600 miles and has been tuned. I am concerned about the unknown of someone else having it first. I bought mine new. It’s tough because it’s so close to my house and I don’t know how many of these are going to pop up. Thanks for any input.
For what you'd loose on the change over you could update and enhance your present car quite a bit if thats what you want to do. Personally I'd stick with what I have.

Ciao

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
What is driving you to buy the 2018...color, LSD, or ???. Can't see trading a very low mile 2017 with nice cosmetic upgrades for a 2018, IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,488 Posts
You'll be in a hole to let go of your current car.

After you get the other one and put PPF and ceramic, that's more $$ in the hole.

I do have an NB LE, but if I was in your shoe and the only performance upgrade is the LSD, I'll stick with what you got (as everybody stated before I).

If it was a completely new platform...... then that's something to consider.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is driving you to buy the 2018...color, LSD, or ???. Can't see trading a very low mile 2017 with nice cosmetic upgrades for a 2018, IMO.

I like the NB with the black roof and the upgraded LSD. The more I’ve thought about this I’m already in the right car. The shadow black looks really good with the ceramic coating. Much easier to care for as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You'll be in a hole to let go of your current car.

After you get the other one and put PPF and ceramic, that's more $$ in the hole.

I do have an NB LE, but if I was in your shoe and the only performance upgrade is the LSD, I'll stick with what you got (as everybody stated before I).

If it was a completely new platform...... then that's something to consider.

Great points. The ceramic coating was pretty expensive and the PPF I got a pretty good deal on because I had them done together and in the middle of winter so the price was discounted.

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
Keep your car. Contact GWB on the forum and get an extended warranty. Used and tuned? Not a chance in hell, not with my money. Skip it and keep yours. You've done a lot to protect the car and getting rid of it would be dumb.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Keep your car. Contact GWB on the forum and get an extended warranty. Used and tuned? Not a chance in hell, not with my money. Skip it and keep yours. You've done a lot to protect the car and getting rid of it would be dumb.

Appreciate the input. I’ve come to the same conclusion. It looks so good clean now with the ceramic coating. Here’s a few pics.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts