Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 Future Owners: How long did it take you guys from ordering your car from the dealer and getting a VIN? I ordered mine (and paid the deposit) though a dealer in CA 3 weeks ago, and have not received a VIN. I am worried that the dealer may not have a allocation when they thought that they would. Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ordered mine 6/29. Dealer confirmed allocation about a month later when Ford scheduled the build. Was told it was sent to plant on 8/16. VIN didn't show up in the dealers system until 9/6. Last date in the ETIS system is 9/2 and hasn't changed so I'm hoping I'm on the first ship over.

Anyway, it can take a while. I contacted my dealer once a week to check in. Quick text and he would check the status.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I ordered mine on 7/10 and was selected for scheduling a little over a week later. I got the VIN from my dealer on 8/14, but he had been away for a few days so it might have come through before then. I'd say he got it sometime the first week of August.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I ordered mine 6/7, selected for scheduling 7/25, got a VIN 8/12. Build date 8/22, shipped 8/31-9/04 according to Ford Perf.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts