Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , as you can see I’m a vw driver. But I have mad respect for the RS ! I’m posting this for my son. He crashed and totaled his 17 rs. Left side raked from front fender to rear fender, body and pillar damage around doors is severe. The car protected him very well and he walked away from a serious wreck. The car has around 35000 miles. The engine bay is intact and engine could be started. Looking to sell would lik to know what you guys think it would be worth.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,046 Posts
Message @Sokol he'd would be able to give you a rough idea of the value.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Hi , as you can see I’m a vw driver. But I have mad respect for the RS ! I’m posting this for my son. He crashed and totaled his 17 rs. Left side raked from front fender to rear fender, body and pillar damage around doors is severe. The car protected him very well and he walked away from a serious wreck. The car has around 35000 miles. The engine bay is intact and engine could be started. Looking to sell would lik to know what you guys think it would be worth.
I bought mine back from ins with way less damage 2700$
FYI

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If he had kept up his insurance I wouldn’t even be involved in trying to sell it. Lol. So he owes money on it and he’s just trying to sell it as parts

·
Registered
58 Posts
scam? nice house and $30K car with no insurance? doesnt add up?? anyway, how about posting some pics with date and username??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How do you even get a loan on this car without comprehensive coverage, isn’t that a requirement for most auto loans today?
Good point! But he could **** up a wet dream , so He is an offshore lobsterman. Makes good money but doesn’t pay attention to ****. He probably had seven notices from geico or whoever

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
An expensive lesson for sure. Glad to hear your son is okay.

You would get way more for parting it out, especially if the engine is operational. Really totaled ones go for a few (2-3k) thousand at auction.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well there are all kinds of scams I guess. I’m just not about anything like that.
I figured it would be worth more parted out just that I would be the one doing the “parting”.
Idk. Anyone need some right side doors. Engine? Trans?
I live in southern New Hampshire.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
The lights are worth quite a bit too. $2k new just for the fronts if undamaged. Was it modified? The aftermarket parts usually sell for half or more of their retail prices.

If you have some patience you can recover some money, but nowhere near what your kid likely owes on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The lights are worth quite a bit too. $2k new just for the fronts if undamaged. Was it modified? The aftermarket parts usually sell for half or more of their retail prices.

If you have some patience you can recover some money, but nowhere near what your kid likely owes on it.
Good information. Thanks. No he didn’t do any mods that I know of.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts