1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
400 to be built, and people think the RS is a hard get.
that yellow is sharp though, but the only time I will drive a yellow car is to my own funeral.

DampMatic® II front suspension with adjustable damping (a first for a Japanese automaker),
poor rear suspension gets no love.

so bigger breaks, bigger front spoiler, a new steering rack, unknown **** under the hood and a brake system that makes me wonder if the sti normally has a problem stopping.
the new sti has 20 pots worth of brakes! rawr

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Interesting variant. Power is closer to the RS. Far more limited in production compared to the RS, so not a true competitor but interesting to see Subaru responding to the RS.

View attachment 1983

The Subaru WRX STI S207 Aims To Be The World's Most Enjoyable Vehicle
Yellow is not a bad color, better than most of the Ford Focus RS colors. Mix it with NB and get a decent Lime Green :D The S207 hatch looks a little too tight for my needs :rolleyes:

YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Trusting anything that's posted on Jalopnik is like going to McDonalds for a salad or a hooker for a hug.
Not sure what you're issue is what Jalopnik, but nothing in that article is speculation. There is a Impreza hatch concept.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The problem is most people dont read the entire article. Yes, there is an Impreza hatch concept, but not here in the US. Same as the Levorg. basically a WRX wagon/hatch. Also, not offered here in the US.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Subaru has alwas kept the good stuff over seas. I think we were lucky to get the STi to begin with. The wrx I alwas thought was a little too lame. Even this s207 model is no match for the RS. Subaru really makes some neat stuff and arnt afraid to throw a lot of cool stuff in their STi's like , 4.11-1 gears, hand built forged engines, hard bushings and bracing, killer seats, twinscrol turbos and a lot of other stuff, but just not for the states. We got the STi, but not the good engine. Even this cool S207 or the crazy type RA can't keep up with the RS even if the HP numbers were the same.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Subaru has alwas kept the good stuff over seas. I think we were lucky to get the STi to begin with. The wrx I alwas thought was a little too lame. Even this s207 model is no match for the RS. Subaru really makes some neat stuff and arnt afraid to throw a lot of cool stuff in their STi's like , 4.11-1 gears, hand built forged engines, hard bushings and bracing, killer seats, twinscrol turbos and a lot of other stuff, but just not for the states. We got the STi, but not the good engine. Even this cool S207 or the crazy type RA can't keep up with the RS even if the HP numbers were the same.
Respectfully disagree but each to it's own.

Reason why I say that among others is that we haven't even had a chance to test RS, nor any of us, except Ford development team drove one and we can't speak of it's performance. On paper, RS is superior to STi or S207. However, updated engine, higher torque output and higher HP in STi (same numbers as RS, higher then S207 is rated now at 330HP) and I will bet you STi will keep if not surpass RS.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts

Reason why I say that among others is that we haven't even had a chance to test RS, nor any of us, except Ford development team drove one and we can't speak of it's performance. On paper, RS is superior to STi or S207. However, updated engine, higher torque output and higher HP in STi (same numbers as RS, higher then S207 is rated now at 330HP) and I will bet you STi will keep if not surpass RS.
I want to agree with you, but then I see sh*t like this:

ST vs. anything and everything - Page 175

·
Registered
1,652 Posts

We will find out early next year won't we. U till then the RS is bad ass on paper and the STi is bad ass in the real world where it's been for the last 15 years. It will interesting to see how subaru and other manufactures respond.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
13 Participants
lstupar87
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing