Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
It was mentioned in another thread that the 17's were finished in mid June, and that the '18 LE's were being made until the model changeover. My dealer phoned me the day of the LE announcement to say I wasn't getting my SB '17 ordered in August because of the LE's. At least I can have his LE allocation if i want it. Can someone confirm they're still making 17's?
The last build date I found was 6/16/2017. Not sure if that means the factory has stopped 2017 production, or if there's a delay between actual build and ETIS availability. I would guess there's a delay.
Balance out for MY2017 is 28JUL17. Those remaining orders are already scheduled. The next schedule date for the RS will be 29JUN17, which will be MY2018 beginning production on 31JUL17.

Reactions: Shoey

·
Registered
388 Posts
interesting news because I placed an order for a NB one in april and was told back then "august"
I still have no confirmation or delivery date about it, maybe I can switch to an LE ? I have to phone Ford
I took the forged wheels and full options already so I wouldn't mind adding the front diff price to the bill if possible.

·
Premium Member
3,740 Posts
Reactions: Shoey

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'd have to look to be certain but Tor exit nodes I believe are per session, it's not per request. So it might be something like establish a connection, run the tool until it blocks you, then reconnect and repeat.

Have you been saving the PDF results from all the VINs you have run? If you rate limited your requests (to reduce chances of being blocked) and your tool could take configurable ranges it would be fairly trivial to distribute the data collection. Once we had a full set of PDFs you'd have all the time in the world (and no risk of blocking) to work out how to analyze the contents.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Unknown. I couldn't find a way to definitively determine US/Canada/Mexico from the ETIS data. The window sticker has the info, but at this point lots have been taken down, and it isn't clear if the country information is on the sticker in the form of actual text or curves/images.
Sadly, I don't think the PDF's provide any data regarding delivery location/destination. And they take the sold window stickers down pretty quickly. We might have to provide it with hard data from surveys and jump to some conclusions based on trends.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Do scheduled cars show up in ETIS with a weird build date and a REUSE notation?
I don't use ETIS, doesn't that require a VIN? If so, then no. Cars aren't assigned VINs until they have a build date.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I don't use ETIS, doesn't that require a VIN? If so, then no. Cars aren't assigned VINs until they have a build date.
It does require a VIN.

This is a good example: WF0DP3TH3H4125950

ETIS shows this:
Build Date: 30.11.0002
Vehicle Line: REUSE
Engine: 2.3L Ecoboost 350PS
Transmission: 6 Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6

Is it scheduled to be built, but not yet built? Or is it already built and ETIS hasn't been updated with the details yet?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Good news! I was able to compile data by scraping window stickers! There was just enough readable text for me to compile destination country information for the cars where stickers were available.

Can someone confirm that Ford's system returns a "Sticker Unavailable" message after a car is sold? If that's truly the case, then there's an astonishing amount of inventory (3319) sitting on the ground, or on a boat headed this way!

SepOctNovDecJanFebMarAprMayGrand Total
NoSticker11665381645731418619910232774
Canada01037563215733170324
Murica412433825074214784403154923319
Restricted086131519161413104
Grand Total157914124110337826987283706677079

[thead] [/thead][tbody]

[/tbody]

Notes: Some stickers couldn't be viewed via the site, they are:
  • NoSticker: The system returned a sticker unavailable message.
  • Restricted: The system returned a message indicating the sticker was restricted from viewing via the site I was using.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Good news! I was able to compile data by scraping window stickers! There was just enough readable text for me to compile destination country information for the cars where stickers were available.

Can someone confirm that Ford's system returns a "Sticker Unavailable" message after a car is sold? If that's truly the case, then there's an astonishing amount of inventory (3319) sitting on the ground, or on a boat headed this way!

SepOctNovDecJanFebMarAprMayGrand Total
NoSticker11665381645731418619910232774
Canada01037563215733170324
Murica412433825074214784403154923319
Restricted086131519161413104
Grand Total157914124110337826987283706677079

[thead] [/thead][tbody]

[/tbody]

Notes: Some stickers couldn't be viewed via the site, they are:
  • NoSticker: The system returned a sticker unavailable message.
  • Restricted: The system returned a message indicating the sticker was restricted from viewing via the site I was using.
I can't access my window sticker via the lookup anymore... my assumption is they take them down after a car is sold. A good way to run this theory is to use this thread: http://www.focusrs.org/forum/11-focus-rs-purchasing/30385-2017-vin-who-185.html#post1371122

Quick check tells me that they're either sold or they're not built/shipped yet.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Any luck on running this on the MY16 ETIS? Thanks for doing this. As someone in IT, I gotta love when someone uses their tech knowledge for the greater good. Generally I scrape code to pull media content, but this is a great use!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Quick check tells me that they're either sold or they're not built/shipped yet.
My data "knows" which cars have been built and the build date. I collected sticker data starting with oldest build dates to newest build dates, and I stopped when I got to the end of May. The system was returning the NoSticker message for very recent build dates, and I know those cars haven't been sold yet....they probably haven't even been put on the boat yet.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Any luck on running this on the MY16 ETIS? Thanks for doing this. As someone in IT, I gotta love when someone uses their tech knowledge for the greater good. Generally I scrape code to pull media content, but this is a great use!
Someone posted a link to the 2016 data further back up the thread, I believe. Was it missing something you were interested in?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Interesting that white was the least produced color.

I admit I have a bit of buyer's remorse not getting the Nitrous Blue, especially sitting next to my brother's Kona Blue ST, but I remember how much of a pain taking care of any other color is and I feel better. :tongue:
This exactly why I bought a white RS. Owned a 03 weightless white evo...easiest car I've ever owned in terms of paint care. Yes, reflection and depth depth is not great on white. But dark colors tend to swirl up over time and look like my newest addition to my vinyl collection.

·
Registered
190 Posts
It does require a VIN.

This is a good example: WF0DP3TH3H4125950

ETIS shows this:
Build Date: 30.11.0002
Vehicle Line: REUSE
Engine: 2.3L Ecoboost 350PS
Transmission: 6 Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6

Is it scheduled to be built, but not yet built? Or is it already built and ETIS hasn't been updated with the details yet?
If I recall correctly from the early VIN tracking threads, the best guess is that these REUSE VINs are scheduled, but not yet built. On top of that, once it changes from 30.11.0002 to an actual date it will continue to change a couple of times over the course of a few weeks (around 2-4 times?). The theory is that the first date is the date of start of production and the last date is the date the car left the factory on the way to port.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts