Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Inspired by RaptorFinder, I decided to have a go at compiling some data on RS production! I whipped up some code, generated a sequential list of North American VINs and set it loose on ETIS.

I tried to gather data on options, but when spot-checking my results against window stickers, the results were crummy at best. ETIS also doesn't show Territory information for the vehicle, so I don't believe there's any way to separate US vs Canada. If someone knows of a way, by all means let me know and I'll re-work the code and share the results!

Total production so far: 7,073

By Color:
ColorQuantity
NB2199
SB1766
SG1679
FW1429

By Production Month:
MonthQuantity
September157
October914
November1578
December1033
January782
February698
March728
April370
May667
June483

Other Notes:
  • 593 VINs, randomly interspersed through the range, were rejected by the system as being unrecognized. Canceled allocations? Cars that fell off the boat on the way over? Employee theft? Who knows!
  • 337 VINs were recognized, but have a build date of November 30, 0002. ETIS also shows a REUSE notation. Pending allocations, yet to be scheduled?
  • It appears that they haven't shut down production on 2017s yet, so these numbers will increase.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Interesting that white was the least produced color.

I admit I have a bit of buyer's remorse not getting the Nitrous Blue, especially sitting next to my brother's Kona Blue ST, but I remember how much of a pain taking care of any other color is and I feel better. :tongue:

·
Registered
149 Posts

I admit I have a bit of buyer's remorse not getting the Nitrous Blue, especially sitting next to my brother's Kona Blue ST, but I remember how much of a pain taking care of any other color is and I feel better. :tongue:
white is my favorite as I came from a white st. the black is growing on me though!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts

I've found NB to be pretty low maintenance. White gets too easily stained, and silver is the lowest maintenance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
white is my favorite as I came from a white st. the black is growing on me though!
It's really hard to tell a black RS is actually an RS since all the black trim blends in. It is by far the most stealthy RS.

Reactions: trejr and fbaltona

·
Registered
3 Posts
It was mentioned in another thread that the 17's were finished in mid June, and that the '18 LE's were being made until the model changeover. My dealer phoned me the day of the LE announcement to say I wasn't getting my SB '17 ordered in August because of the LE's. At least I can have his LE allocation if i want it. Can someone confirm they're still making 17's?

·
Registered
149 Posts
It's really hard to tell a black RS is actually an RS since all the black trim blends in. It is by far the most stealthy RS.
The night I signed papers I went back to my ST and I saw a black hatchback and thought "oh neat, a Fiesta ST". It was actually the RS I just bought that they were driving across the street to prep for pickup. haha

·
Registered
325 Posts
Can you do the same for the 2016 model year?

·
Registered
819 Posts

I admit I have a bit of buyer's remorse not getting the Nitrous Blue, especially sitting next to my brother's Kona Blue ST, but I remember how much of a pain taking care of any other color is and I feel better.
I'm glad the FW the lowest. Makes me feel more special about it being the color I have haha also will keep my trend of white fords going. Now matches the thunderbird ?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It was mentioned in another thread that the 17's were finished in mid June, and that the '18 LE's were being made until the model changeover. My dealer phoned me the day of the LE announcement to say I wasn't getting my SB '17 ordered in August because of the LE's. At least I can have his LE allocation if i want it. Can someone confirm they're still making 17's?
The last build date I found was 6/16/2017. Not sure if that means the factory has stopped 2017 production, or if there's a delay between actual build and ETIS availability. I would guess there's a delay.

·
Registered
258 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Adding the FWs from here to the FW from 2016 (788) shows there are only 2217 FW RSes in North America. The 2018s won't add to that since they'll be blue or red only apparently.

2016 numbers: http://www.focusrs.org/forum/9-focus-rs-discussions/9034-production-numbers-my16-my17-3.html#post1016577
The limited production didn't play a part into my buying decision (well at least not enough to matter) but the more I've learned about the small number they are making compared to huge numbers of STIs there are makes me feel more inclined to mention that number when I'm talking with someone. Not in a bragging way but just as part of the convo

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How many came to Canada?
Unknown. I couldn't find a way to definitively determine US/Canada/Mexico from the ETIS data. The window sticker has the info, but at this point lots have been taken down, and it isn't clear if the country information is on the sticker in the form of actual text or curves/images.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts