1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2017-ford-gt-configurator-fires-up-106470_1.jpg

500 cars are up for grabs!

by Mircea Panait, 13th April 2016

The Ford Motor Company is still teasing us with the 2017 Ford GT. Until production starts late this year, the Blue Oval has thrown prospective buyers a bone by firing up the configurator. Ownership applications are go as well.

Like my colleague pointed out in his editorial, FoMoCo is playing with our nerves considering that the GT has been presented in January 2015 at the Detroit Auto Show and the real deal hasn’t been shown to the public yet. In the meantime, all we can do is dream with our eyes wide open what it would be like to own a $400,000-plus supercar. The configurator is a good starting point. This thing looks fab in Frozen White with red racing stripes, doesn’t it?

Gulf Oil livery isn’t available, which is a bit of a boo and hiss considering that the 2017 Ford GT owes a lot to the GT40 from the 1960s, the endurance racer who shamed the best Ferrari could throw at it by winning Le Mans four years on the trot. To rub salt into the wound, Ford hasn’t confirmed how much get-up-and-go the 3.5-liter twin-turbo V6 EcoBoost engine will be producing. We were told to look forward to 600-plus HP.

I’m aware that the GT will be a lightweight bruiser, but it won’t pack the same punch as a Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat or Corvette Z06. Compared to other supercars, I’ll be betting my two cents on no more than 650 horsepower, which is Ferrari 488 GTB and McLaren 650S territory. Speaking of which, all of the cars mentioned here have two more cylinders than the Ford GT does, which is rather uncanny.

The ace up the 2017 Ford GT’s sleeve will be exclusivity. Production will be limited to 250 examples per year. Applications are accepted through May 12 and the peeps who bought the previous-gen Ford GT new and held onto it until now will be treated preferentially. In other words, us mortals can't have one.

2017 Ford GT Configurator Fires Up

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Sexy and sleek - but I concur with you Hoon. With 600+ hp (crank), I'm not seeing this holding it's own with other supercars (especially at $400k+) in its class. Hopefully I'm wrong, but for 400k, it better have sub 3 second 0-60 and 220+mph top speed. Still sexy though.

·
Super Moderator
15,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I went with the following set up: aka Stealth Fighter

20” Carbon-Fiber Matte Finish with Black Lug Nuts
Brake Calipers Blue
Front, Rear and Side Lowers Finish Matte Carbon Fiber
Exterior Color Matte Black
Stripes Lightning Blue
Interior Light Speed

·
Super Moderator
15,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder how many would freak just seeing a blue racing stripe coming down the road.

That matte black and carbon fiber sides definitely help the vehicle blend or disappear.

·
Super Moderator
15,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I somehow overlooked this:

•Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Tires® - Front 245/35-20, Rear 325/30-20

WoW!

·
Super Moderator
15,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's another punch in the nads:

Those 325/30/20's are cheaper than the smaller FoRS OEM PSC2's by $55 per tire?

Quote pulled from Tire Rack.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I just completed the application process..... well, almost complete. I guess I need to create a couple of videos which is a compulsory part of the application process. Have my fingers crossed!!!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Here's another punch in the nads:

Those 325/30/20's are cheaper than the smaller FoRS OEM PSC2's by $55 per tire?

Quote pulled from Tire Rack.
punch in the nads indeed... wait what?! just checked myself

·
Super Moderator
15,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
gt.jpg

by Jimi Beckwith, 20 April 2016

Ford has received more than 7000 applications for its new GT supercar, first deliveries of which will begin later this year.

The recent launch of the GT online configurator is a likely source for a portion of the interest, although Ford has enjoyed a positive reaction to the car since it was first revealed at the 2015 Detroit motor show.

Ford has already confirmed that production numbers of the new GT will be far fewer than that of the previous-generation GT, of which 4000 units were made. Production will be limited to 250 units per year, and of this number, fewer than 20 GTs are tipped to reach the UK annually.

Ford couldn't reveal the spread of customers across the globe, nor the number of UK orders it has received for the GT, only revealing the number of orders through its Ford Performance social media channels. Earlier, it said that demand had exceeded expectations.

The new GT will be produced this year, and first deliveries are set for later in 2016. The new car ditches its predecessor's V8 engine in favour of an twin-turbo 3.5-litre Ecoboost V6. Ford claims a power output of more than 592bhp.

Prices are tipped to start at €500,000 (around £395,000), although Ford is yet to confirm this officially. This pricing, if used, would put it well above the Lamborghini Aventador, Ferrari F12 Berlinetta and McLaren 675LT.

Ford GT orders top 7000 | Autocar

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
7K aplications, only 500 will be made. Ford GT

Bad news for any one of those 7K on the approval list.

More Than 7,000 Customers Applied For The New Ford GT

The previous was produced in just 4,000 examples, and Ford has said that production numbers for the will be far less than that. In fact, has said that production of the new will be limited to 250 models per year, with less than 20 of those heading across the big blue to the U.K. While Ford has yet to announce an official production target, it has just announced on its social media accounts that more than 7,000 people have applied for the new

Of course, this news comes shortly after Ford launched the which has obviously spawned plenty of interest. Not to mention all the interest that was generated when the car debuted at the It would be interesting to hear more specifics about where the orders are spread out globally, but I’m sure we’ll hear more about that in the future.

Even with 7,000 applications on file for the new GT, Ford is still keeping a lot of information about its newest supercar to itself. We know the 3.5-liter, EcoBoost V-6 under the hood should put out somewhere close to 600 horsepower. We also know that pricing will be somewhere around $550,000 here in the U.S., but that is just a rough estimate considering Ford has yet to announce official pricing.

Continue reading for the full story.

More Than 7,000 Customers Applied For The New Ford GT

The previous was produced in just 4,000 examples, and Ford has said that production numbers for the will be far less than that. In fact, has said that production of the new will be limited to 250 models per year, with less than 20 of those heading across the big blue to the U.K. While Ford has yet to announce an official production target, it has just announced on its social media accounts that more than 7,000 people have applied for the new

Of course, this news comes shortly after Ford launched the which has obviously spawned plenty of interest. Not to mention all the interest that was generated when the car debuted at the It would be interesting to hear more specifics about where the orders are spread out globally, but I’m sure we’ll hear more about that in the future.

Even with 7,000 applications on file for the new GT, Ford is still keeping a lot of information about its newest supercar to itself. We know the 3.5-liter, EcoBoost V-6 under the hood should put out somewhere close to 600 horsepower. We also know that pricing will be somewhere around $550,000 here in the U.S., but that is just a rough estimate considering Ford has yet to announce official pricing

·
Registered
338 Posts
Does ANYBODY ever proof-read before they post here? I've noticed endless misspellings on this site (there, their and they're are seldom used correctly). Try reading what you post, BEFORE posting, to see if it makes sense. I strongly suggest that EVERYBODY here spend less time on the internet, and more time reading books. We're all becoming illiterate.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Does ANYBODY ever proof-read before they post here? I've noticed endless misspellings on this site (there, their and they're are seldom used correctly). Try reading what you post, BEFORE posting, to see if it makes sense. I strongly suggest that EVERYBODY here spend less time on the internet, and more time reading books. We're all becoming illiterate.
It was a copy paste, JEEZ. The better article I couldn't upload on my work computer because R&T posted it on FB.

I do read books BTW, just books about driving and performance. I also want you to realize not every one can spell correctly. Many people suffer from dyslexia and can't help but make simple errors.

·
Registered
71 Posts
lol. I can't even get people in my office to proofread their own bloody emails before shooting them off to customers. Beatin' a dead horse, worry about something else (^_^).

·
Registered
904 Posts
It was a copy paste, JEEZ. The better article I couldn't upload on my work computer because R&T posted it on FB.

I do read books BTW, just books about driving and performance. I also want you to realize not every one can spell correctly. Many people suffer from dyslexia and can't help but make simple errors.
It kills me when I think about humans ... the Sumerians only started documenting things in 8,000 BC, so we've only been doing this for a small percentage of the time that most of us have been sentient.

Honestly, we've only really been living in houses for the last 200 years but we have a homeless problem.

Dragging the caveman out of the cave everyday is my greatest challenge ... don't even get me started on the elaborate chain letters that have lead to modern religions ... canonization nullifies the bible.

·
Super Moderator
15,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Threads merged.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I could have sworn they made 5,000 of the prior generation GTs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 110 Posts