Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I've looked through these forums when i first got my RS, but I just joined the .org! My name is Reid, I'm a 21 year old mechanical engineering student from California! A few months ago someone hit me in my 2012 WRX hatchback (was mostly built, was bout to drop in a IAG stage 2 block) and it was totaled. I was so devastated as I loved that car and never wanted to let it go. I considered buying a 2014 STi hatch bit couldn't find one I'd be happy with. Ended up looking at Audi S4, Focus RS, FA20 WRX, E92 M3, Datsun 240Z (too much of a project for now), and ultimately decided on the RS.

So far these are my modifications (I'm just going to include everything aftermarket). Top three are my power mods.
~AWE track exhaust with resonator and exhaust valve delete (diamond black tips)
~Cobb AP3 with custom JST tune for 91 and E40 (same AP from my Subaru, just relicensed for my RS by Cobb)
~Cobb SF carbon fiber intake with Cobb high-flow filter

~Konig Ampliform in bronze 18x8.5 +43
~Eibach lowering springs
~Eibach 20mm spacers (all 4 wheels) (yes I have wheel poke, I kind of like the look)
~Turbosmart Kompact BOV/BPV (black)
~Mishimoto coolant expansion tank (wrinkle black)
~MeLe battery tray with Odyssey lightweight battery (black)
~Rear quarter window louvers (black)
~Vega Engineering rear window track vents (painted bronze to match wheels)

In the mail and on its way:
~ETS 4" IC with 1/8th bung for meth injection (Black with white ETS logo)
~ETS charge piping (black)
~KillAllWipers rear wiper delete
~Ventus Veloce carbon fiber rear diffuser with carbon fiber quad exhaust tips

Currently tuned by Brian at JST. On California 91 (i.e. absolute ****) my data-logs show about 335 whp and 345 wtrq on virtual dyno. On E40 i make between 340 and 360 whp and between 370-380 wtrq. I actually feel as if the car has more power to offer, and am wondering if my tune is not everything it could be. Hoping the ETS IC and pipes make a big difference (if they don't i may consider changing tuner).

Any recommendations on tuners, future parts to consider, NOS/Full E85 w/ Port Injection/Methanol-Water Injection/etc?
I'm pretty unfamiliar with the EcoBoost platform so I'm still trying to learn! Any information helps!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts