Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ford's RS family could be set to welcome a bouncing baby brother for the Focus RS in 2017. If the report from Autobild proves true, a Fiesta RS will debut just in time for the 40th anniversary of the Fiesta nameplate.

Continue Reading @ AutoBlog

·
Registered
460 Posts
Oh? 40th Anniversary. Yup, definately happening. Might not be called RS, but will. Probably around 250-280HP and FWD, will most likely get a wide body (hide those phat front tires) and a nice Spoiler. I hope they gun for the FWD Ring time, that would be awesome.

Quality wise they dont have to fear vs Renault, many people are also hating the new Megane RS(FWD 300HP 5Door), so a 2 Door FiRS would rock. If it beats the Hondas Time, even more money to them. Seeing as it would be a Ford and Worldwide, it would get loads of aftermarket support which in return would sell even more units. Just make sure to offer it as a 2 Door variant. Oh, and please none of that 3 Door Veloster bull****

·
Registered
561 Posts
If they made an awd fiesta I'd almost consider that over the focus...

Owned a 1.0 ecoboost and it was an absolutely phenomenal car and chassis. More power and awd would be a blessing.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Yeah, noticed the pictures too, think one was of the RS500, maybe. Carbon fiber... maybe on a prototype.

I highly doubt Ford would put the 2.3 EB in a Fiesta.. Maybe the 2.0 from the FoST, at base spec would meet rumored output. AWD... I don't know. I can see the value but with the short time to develop if they are going for 2017 as rumor suggest not sure they have time, unless the FoRS AWD system can be re-tuned quickly for a different chassis, I don't know but doubt they would. Remember all the chassis improvements the FoRS needed in the rear once it was driven as hard as it is. Granted the Fiesta is a littler package so maybe the stress back there will not be as much of an issue, especially if drift mode is excluded.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I know this is pretty far out there and doesn't hold water, but I would soooooo take this over the Focus RS. Can you imagine the fun factor to be had by throwing around such a small and powerful car? Autocrossing would become a whole new creature for me.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I know this is pretty far out there and doesn't hold water, but I would soooooo take this over the Focus RS. Can you imagine the fun factor to be had by throwing around such a small and powerful car? Autocrossing would become a whole new creature for me.
I'm not sure I'm on the level of choosing this over the FoRS, but I share your enthusiasm and totally agree. If the little rocket had over 280hp and was around 2800lbs, then I would be pulled more to the FiRS.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yeah, noticed the pictures too, think one was of the RS500, maybe. Carbon fiber... maybe on a prototype.
Both pics are production RS cars, the RS500's are wrapped mate black, these are not prototypes..... just bad press

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Both pics are production RS cars, the RS500's are wrapped mate black, these are not prototypes..... just bad press
Right, both pictures look to be mk2 Focus RS production models but the black one looks like the matt black of the RS500 is all I was saying. We know they are not of the Fiesta RS prototype.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Agreed. Yet another thing making me think about cancelling my RS order.

·
Super Moderator
15,334 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
It was mentioned earlier that there's no FiRS on the way. Now there's this:

Ford Says "There's Room" for More High-Performance RS Models
What gets me is how would you go from nothing to RS? The Fiesta has the ST to build on, the other models mentioned or really anything in the Ford line up has no in between. The only other model currently that has something to build on for the RS brand that makes sense is the Fusion, considering the new sport model. A Fusion RS? It is a possibility and I know some members who have inside information hinted upon this sometime ago, but they may have been referring to the sport model. I think people are too hung up on AWD which rules the Fiesta out if that is the case, and the Fusion starts making more sense for Ford to take that direction. If that is the case, you are now talking about a potential 45-50K Fusion, and for that money there are a lot of vehicles I would be considering and huge shoes for a Fusion RS to fill.

I'm also not sure what a Fusion RS would bring to the table more then the FoRS that would warrant me to trade it in either. I don't plan on sticking with stock power levels, and the limitations of the AWD doesn't bother me. I would much prefer a smaller lighter vehicle with less power potential, then a heavier larger vehicle with more power potential. I know I'm in the minority when it comes to this, but a sub 2800lb vehicle with potential for 300hp and FWD with a trick diff would be the perfect vehicle for the type of mountain carving I like to do :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
14 Participants
Crooked Letta
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing