Ford Focus RS Forum banner

681 - 691 of 691 Posts

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Lol at CTR markup. They sell at MSRP immediately when available, but those are waiting list cars. There was a well priced ($33-34k) 6k miles CTR 3 miles from my house at a dealer I went to look at, but was sold before I could get there. I just want to test drive one. There's a white one sitting a used dealer car lot with 5k miles for $38k that's been sitting there for months (95 days on Cargurus.com at this point). Went and looked at it one day and was unimpressed. Told the sales guy I didn't even want to drive it. In all fairness, it was pouring rain and I don't like to test drive performance vehicles with performance tires in inclement weather. If it was nice, I would have driven it for sure.

Anyway. Go to one of the nine Subaru dealers in greater Denver, take your pick of 15-20 WRXs and 10 STIs. Go to a Ford dealer in Denver in 2017 and there was a good chance they had 3 RSs at any given time. Go to a Honda dealer in Denver any time over the past 2 years, good luck finding a CTR, even above MSRP. More likely to see a current gen NSX!!! :p As far as production is concerned, they make so few of the CTRs.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Production numbers on the CTR are now north of 29k worldwide. It will cross the RS threshold (34k) fairly soon from the look of it. The car is not rare at all, but it goes to show the value of good perception management and properly paced manufacturing.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Production numbers on the CTR are now north of 29k worldwide. It will cross the RS threshold (34k) fairly soon from the look of it. The car is not rare at all, but it goes to show the value of good perception management and properly paced manufacturing.
Or in plain English. They know what they are doing. How else could you generate the interest and build the hype and maintain (as well as raise the price) on the fuglyiest car made?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I wouldn't give them that much credit. More like a lot of fanboism, hype, and dealer gouging that people just bent over because "It's a Honda". I still get almost weekly notices from cargurus about Type Rs being added to inventory around my area.

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
CTR won't really be the fuglyiest car I seen.

It's more of in the stage of life/career I am at, it's a bit juvenile. Maybe 20 yrs ago I would love to have this car (that means no MK3 RS, Evo XI).

At least my RS I can still drive in a work setting and its not too raceboy look.

·
Super Moderator
15,478 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,478 Posts

Go to 12:02 for the lap times between the two. .

681 - 691 of 691 Posts