Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are listed here under "Focus RS 2016" but the info so far is generic.

Service Schedule Vehicle Selection

Keep checking back as it should tighten up. This is the UK version, so there will be some slight variations in spelling and component locations, like the steering wheel :)

Jim

·
Registered
224 Posts
The big one I noticed is the cam belt replacement at 125k/10 years. I imagine the cam belt is going to be a fun job...:rolleyes: My SHO requires a cam/timing belt replacement every 60k, so doubling this is nice because it's not a simple task on that car.

Camshaft drive belt Every 125 000 miles/10 years - Renew (LTS 21 304 9)

·
Registered
591 Posts
It uses a chain like the ST. It's probably just ensuring that the chain tensioners work properly.

2.3L engine below:

12658_17910.jpg

·
Super Moderator
15,472 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I thought we've known the RDU fluid is good unless the car specifically tells you to change it?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I went a different route:

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/maintenance/maintenance-schedule.html#/vin/WF0DP3TH9G4113736

@kpflynn I used your VIN as an example to get this FoRS specific.

I'm amazed that the service intervals listed are for 10K intervals?

Unfortunately, no mention of the change of fluid for the AWD system.
I thought we've known the RDU fluid is good unless the car specifically tells you to change it?
We have known. It doesn't have a service interval and therefore won't show up in the maintenance schedule.

·
Super Moderator
15,472 Posts
I must've missed that.

What I saw was the mentioning on the Message Center for changing the Engine Oil.

I'm a firm believer in preventive maintenance and would like to have an idea when something should be performed.

·
Super Moderator
15,472 Posts
We have known. It doesn't have a service interval and therefore won't show up in the maintenance schedule.
I do recall the mentioning of no replacement of parts within the RDU, the whole RDU will be replaced if there are issues.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I must've missed that.

What I saw was the mentioning on the Message Center for changing the Engine Oil.

I'm a firm believer in preventive maintenance and would like to have an idea when something should be performed.
It seemed like they were relatively adamant that it is lifetime unless you track the car or beat on it pretty hard.

That is the one thing I'm going to have the dealer do when the car asks, I want that RDU warranty to go without question.

·
Premium Member
3,301 Posts
I agree though that there should be an note to monitor the information system for when the RDU fluid is due for replacement, much like they state for the engine oil.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I will be "tracking" my car and have thought about buying a spare RDU to have on hand, expensive bit of "peace of mind".

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
RDU Oil life reset, but doesn't really say anything else. I think it's going to be like the diesels when they have to go through a regeneration, it just happens no real way of knowing when unless you have some what of a mental note of how you have been driving.

Within 10 seconds of the ignition in the on position, fully apply and completely release the brake pedal 4 times within 10 seconds.

Within 10 seconds of applying the brake pedal 4 times, push the accelerator pedal to WOT and completely release 4 times within 10 seconds.

Within 10 seconds of pressing the accelerator pedal 4 times, press and hold both the brake pedal and the accelerator pedal to WOT. After pressing both the brake and accelerator pedals for 5 seconds, a message in the information center displays, "AWD SYSTEM OIL CHANGE COMPLETE".

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I figure when it tells you to change RDU fluid its still a fairly safe time. just like oil change monitor, when it shows up you dont need to head directly to a dealer and have it changed. Ford doesn't want their things to break either, that means possible warranty replacements out of their pocket and bad word of mouth etc.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'll be changing RDU and trans fluid every 20k for peace of mind. Exactly what I did with my M3. I don't believe in any "lifetime fluid" nonsense which BMW was famous for. If your trans let go at 80k... The the fluid lasted the life of the trans. No $hit. Manufacturers nowadays just want your car to make it thru the warranty Period without issues then you can go F yourself.

·
Registered
211 Posts
RDU requires 1 quart of 75w85 premium synthetic gear oil, and one bottle of special additive. Looked up parts on fordparts.com, total of 45 bucks. RDU is just drain it and fill it, super easy to do. Well worth doing every 20k if you drive it hard, or 50k if you baby it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts