Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 423 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
HW's makes rare special edition's called Treasure Hunts and even more rare Super Treasure Hunts. The Supers ($uper) have better paint, wheels, and real rubber tires and are generally worth $20-80.
That sounds exactly like something I need!
If they do make a super, would it be documented somewhere that is out there?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Are these in stores yet?
For release 6/28. They are already on ebay for too much money though.
I'm gonna grab a few at local stores for a buck next week.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice find. Looks like I'm going to have to start frequenting toy stores again until I find a few of these.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've been keeping my eye on the release as well and was hoping to pick a few up.

I was about to put a post up last week questioning if anyone had any info on when they should be released but thought the masses still awaiting info on their actual RS might riot. Maybe they are stuck in customs at the port?

·
Registered
132 Posts
That sounds exactly like something I need!
If they do make a super, would it be documented somewhere that is out there?
No they don't advertise the $upers so much but there are sights that will list them. They are extremely rare to find in the wild even when you know what you're looking for. IF this becomes one I'll update this.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Walmart, Target, etc...are your best bets. Never been able to find the Real Riders, Super Treasure Hunt, etc... Cars anywhere but eBay. I collect, he'll hord all hot wheels that are Porsche 993 GT2, or 934 Turbo RSR..I have hundreds in various drawers in the house. Thankfully, my 1:18th scale collection is much smaller.

Make note of the package color accent stripe, or series the RS is a part of, makes the hunt easier.

I just sent a note to an eBay seller, that I have bought large quantities of specific hot wheels from in the past. When he gets these, I'll buy as many as I can. These usually sell for $1.99, compared to under a $ in say Wally World. That being said, getting 30+ in a whack is well worth the time saved getting onesie twosies.

·
Registered
559 Posts
No they don't advertise the $upers so much but there are sights that will list them. They are extremely rare to find in the wild even when you know what you're looking for. IF this becomes one I'll update this.
Cool. Thanks. Does knowing that this car is in case M make it any easier to find? I see case and asst numbers listed everywhere but I don't see any use to them because I still don't know how to use them.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Cool. Thanks. Does knowing that this car is in case M make it any easier to find? I see case and asst numbers listed everywhere but I don't see any use to them because I still don't know how to use them.

Case letters just indicate which batch of cars are coming out. The progress throughout the year. Does it help, maybe if you know someone at Walmart or a store and ask them to check incoming boxes for the letter code. Honestly this regular NB Focus will be everywhere in a month. As for being a $uper HW makes that decision and very few cars get picked.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Definitely will be looking for this. Thanks for the heads up.

I used to love collecting the little MotoGP bikes that Target and Walmart carried and then they discontinued them in the stores. The hunt was fun.

·
Registered
504 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Case letters just indicate which batch of cars are coming out. The progress throughout the year. Does it help, maybe if you know someone at Walmart or a store and ask them to check incoming boxes for the letter code. Honestly this regular NB Focus will be everywhere in a month. As for being a $uper HW makes that decision and very few cars get picked.
Thought so, thanks for confirming. So if it does become a super it may not be this year either considering it took another 2 yrs for the 09 to be released as a super

·
Registered
132 Posts
It could be this year or who knows. Some of their popular cars like the Bluebird Wagon went to a super the same year I believe.

·
Registered
72 Posts
After spending all last weekend looking with no luck.

I finally found one!!! I have also been able to pick up a 2016 GT350R and 2017 Raptor in my searching. I'm just a Ford GT away from having a nice set.

I picked this one up at Toys R Us but there were no others with it. Happy hunting to everyone else.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 423 Posts