Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, recently went for a drive to the store & back, parked my car on a sunny day, 2 hours later went to start back up and the car won’t fire up but cranks over just fine…. First thing I tried was reading codes but the only code I’m getting is P08B2… tried a new battery, checked the grounds, checked fuses and relays. I have a fuel pressure gauge on my secondary injector's and it’s well over 80psi so that makes me think it’s getting fuel atleast to the fuel rail. Pulled the spark plugs and their wet with gas… When coil was out, I put the spark plug in the end of the coil and it does spark… tried starting fluid.. did nothing… no warranties on the car so I’m paying out of pocket.. just trying to troubleshoot before I’m forced to take it to some stealership. Car was running and driving perfect on my way to the store… here’s a mod list if anyones interested….
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Car
Font Paper Paper product Document Parallel

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Have a look at this. I haven't been through all of it and I know you've got wet plugs but this engine needs a lot of fuel pressure. If you're not getting full HPFP pressure you'll get an unigniteable fuel spray pattern from the injector.

Edit..... Ok after sitting through some interesting tech stuff and promotional junk and a LOT of waffle it seems the issue was the HP fuel rail pressure sensor and the HP fuel pump. He mentioned the sensor as a possible in Part1 as something that would cost a lot of money but as we know the sensor is cheap as chips. He maintains the HP pump itself had failed as well which seems odd but I'd change the sensor and see how you go.

Phil

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have a look at this. I haven't been through all of it and I know you've got wet plugs but this engine needs a lot of fuel pressure. If you're not getting full HPFP pressure you'll get an unigniteable fuel spray pattern from the injector.

Edit..... Ok after sitting through some interesting tech stuff and promotional junk and a LOT of waffle it seems the issue was the HP fuel rail pressure sensor and the HP fuel pump. He mentioned the sensor as a possible in Part1 as something that would cost a lot of money but as we know the sensor is cheap as chips. He maintains the HP pump itself had failed as well which seems odd but I'd change the sensor and see how you go.

Phil
Okay Thankyou for replying, I watched the videos and it does seem like the obvious fix is the high pressure fuel sensor so that will be in Tuesday and I will update Wednesday morning! Thanks again!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay Thankyou for replying, I watched the videos and it does seem like the obvious fix is the high pressure fuel sensor so that will be in Tuesday and I will update Wednesday morning! Thanks again!
It’s Thursday night, replaced the high pressure fuel sensor on the rail, it didn’t make the car run but I did try disconnecting the high pressure fuel “pump” sensor then tried to start the car and it did start running but was either way to rich/lean…. Read the codes again and they changed from before (will add pic)…. When the car was running I replugged the high pressure fuel “pump” sensor back in and you can hear the pump start to tic and the cars idle also goes up but still is definitely running lean/rich so I shut the car off and ordered a new O.E.M high pressure fuel pump for $240….. I’m just glad I tried to start the car with the pump sensor disconnected..(got this idea from the video above)…..have not heard the car run for weeks before this moment so it’s relieving that the main issue is the high pressure fuel pump and maybe a combination of the actual high pressure sensor itself which is causing the car not to start. I will update after I get the Hpfp installed.. thanks 🙏

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After hpfp/fuel rail sensor were replaced the cars codes were reset along with the pcm… also checked Aux fuel rail connectors during this process and car started up and seems to be running like normal. Going to take some logs and talk with my tuner to see if everything looks okay. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
After hpfp/fuel rail sensor were replaced the cars codes were reset along with the pcm… also checked Aux fuel rail connectors during this process and car started up and seems to be running like normal. Going to take some logs and talk with my tuner to see if everything looks okay. Thanks for the help!
Thanks for the update. I'm amazed the HPFP was so cheap.

Phil

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Makes you wonder how they justify the 3-4 grand price, of an uprated pump, to run e85 huh?
Yep. Mind you knowing Ford Australia that are total clowns it probably costs thousands. I want to know how a car that has a "safety" recall in the US for a shifter bush because of the obvious danger of the car not being in Park when the driver thinks it is has absolutely no recall of any sort here although it uses the same engine and transmission and is the exact same car except for the name badge? Ford Australia, You'd think they would have learned their lesson here with regards to transmissions after the court action a few years ago they not only lost but had the presiding judge actually administer a scathing finding against them.

Phil

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Yep. Mind you knowing Ford Australia that are total clowns it probably costs thousands. I want to know how a car that has a "safety" recall in the US for a shifter bush because of the obvious danger of the car not being in Park when the driver thinks it is has absolutely no recall of any sort here although it uses the same engine and transmission and is the exact same car except for the name badge? Ford Australia, You'd think they would have learned their lesson here with regards to transmissions after the court action a few years ago they not only lost but had the presiding judge actually administer a scathing finding against them.

Phil
We could go down that rabbit hole for hours on end.... You summed it up well, with Clowns!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts