Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long will it be before I get to cheer and follow Ford Focus RS rally team not fiesta....

·
Registered
320 Posts
I doubt you'll ever see it again. The fiesta is a more nimble, smaller package that is useful for rally. And since they use custom AWD powertrains anyway, it doesn't matter that the production focus RS is the one with an AWD setup from the get-go.

It sure was fun watching the sti and the focus rs going at it in WRC back in the day.

·
Registered
575 Posts
WRC regulations are being overhauled for 2017 to produce a more dramatic spectical and increase fan base AKA profits...

Will still be, as it should, based on the small car platform. In rally context, the Focus is a large platform.

Wouldn't hurt to free up viewer access instead of locking it all down in 'pay to see' like they do.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
The Fiesta RS WRC is a sensational package with a sonorous sound, decent power and definitely nimble. This is a combined development with Ford Europe and M-Sport and is a highly developed machine over many generations. I agree in that I would be surprised if for rally purposes they would replace this (in the short term anyway) with the Focus. Now, if this was available for road use, mmmm, maybe I would consider it over the Focus RS. Don't think I have too much to worry about though......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts