Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 RS Focus has decided to not start! It won't start off the start button but if you roll a foot forwards or backwards it will start every time. Anyone have an idea what this could be.
Thanks in advance Ben.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2010 RS Focus has decided to not start! It won't start off the start button but if you roll a foot forwards or backwards it will start every time. Anyone have an idea what this could be.
Thanks in advance Ben.
You may have some missing teeth on the flywheel. Starter tries to turn the flywheel, no turn, no start. But if you roll the car with the clutch engaged (foot off), this turns the flywheel just enough to expose the teeth to the starter. Hit the button, starter turns the flywheel, start goes the engine!

HTH,
EtCH

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Ummmm, no.

Your starter is going bad. Try smacking it with a hammer gently and see if it will start after that, this guarantees it is the starter. Obviously make sure your battery is not junk.

You may have some missing teeth on the flywheel. Starter tries to turn the flywheel, no turn, no start. But if you roll the car with the clutch engaged (foot off), this turns the flywheel just enough to expose the teeth to the starter. Hit the button, starter turns the flywheel, start goes the engine!

HTH,
EtCH

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Does it actually turn over or does the starter motor not kick at all? Brake pedal switch? Some time ago mine would very occasionally keep turning over but not fire up, but the issue disappeared by itself. I mentioned it at the last service, but not sure if they needed to do anything as it hadn't happened for a month or so...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Nauli
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing