Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I was seeing if anybody knew if these bill short blocks for the 2.3 mustang and the RS would be the same? I know somebody who has a really good deal on a brand new dart and sleeve block but it was originally built for the 2.3 mustang and I don't know if the rear we'll configuration will work for the RS?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Same block.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Same block.
As a general statement there'r not actually the same. The Mustang uses a different bore bridge cooling strategy (slotted) at least on the original version, they may have gone to the RS style drilled bore bridge now though. The mustang block also needs machining for the PTU mounts, which I guess is the only relevant point here.
I love those Darton sleeves, beautiful engineering. Needs really good machining work though.
Ciao

·
Registered
639 Posts
As a general statement there'r not actually the same. The Mustang uses a different bore bridge cooling strategy (slotted) at least on the original version, they may have gone to the RS style drilled bore bridge now though. The mustang block also needs machining for the PTU mounts, which I guess is the only relevant point here.
I love those Darton sleeves, beautiful engineering. Needs really good machining work though.
Ciao
I didn’t think to look at the PTU area. I saw the “reinforcing” welds and thought it might’ve been an RS block used for a EBM. I’m having Darton East put in a set of these MID sleeves on my spare engine in the near future.
Just waiting on everything to show up.
Added comparison pic of the PTU area.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ciao
Dang I knew it was too good. Ty
I didn’t think to look at the PTU area. I saw the “reinforcing” welds and thought it might’ve been an RS block used for a EBM. I’m having Darton East put in a set of these MID sleeves on my spare engine in the near future.
Just waiting on everything to show up.
Added comparison pic of the PTU area.
Thanks for that. The weld is extra support for cylinder 2 and 3.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts