Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 552 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*Future Sticky*

Who is going to be the first to take their car to the strip???

I am really expecting (hoping) to see 12.7s out of this car especially with the better tires.

TOP 10 BONE Stock (No modifications, either set of original tires)
1. 13,150 @ 105,66 ~BuZy
2. 13.21 @ 103.7 ~mcmathew
3. 13.236 @ 103.67 (cup2) ~Mustang7302
4. 13.34 @ 103.80 (MPSS)~AKEVO8
5. 13.361 @ 103.54 (mpss)~GTE
6. 13.363 @ 104.82 (cup2) ~Koonster
7. 13.373 @ 106.18 (cup2) ~Inline6turbo
8. 13.400 @ 103.59 (???) ~focus pilot
9. 13.401 @ 103.13 (???) ~GoDz
10. 13.475 @ 102.10 (cup2) ~y)9CnpEtUvmi

TOP 10 STOCK Turbo (with mods, stock turbo)
1. 11.7xx @ 119.9x ~Theshopct/tune+
2. 11.935 @ 116.26 ~gte (tune)
3. 12.394 @ 115.29 [email protected] (tune and filter)
4. 12.410 @ 113.57 ~Skitish
5. 12.586 @ ???.?? ~Snox801 (93tune)
6. 12.754 @ 111.33 ~Bluesteel93
7. 12.846 @ 105.10 ~Wicked RS (tune only)
8. 13.097 @ 105.74 ~GoDz (tune only)
9. 13.174 @ 106.64 ~alphadark (tune only, 8000+ DA)
10. 13.177 @ 100.54 ~bluesteel93 (tune and filter)

TOP 10 1/4 mile (anything goes)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think it was the puma build that ran a 12.7 I think it trapped 108 as well. Their stock run was 13.2 at 103. I ran a 13.1 at 108 in my cobalt, so I want the RS to be faster than that.

·
Registered
157 Posts
You're right, it was Puma. That's still a lot of time to shave off. Hopefully it will atleast be able to break into the 12s.
They did it with drop in filter and a tune, so I feel like it will be relatively easy to dip into the 12s. Especially with a good track and super sticky tires.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think Shiftec has ran a 12.7 with their stage 1 tune. It will probably take a negative DA and the right track to match that time stock.
Ya I have seen that, I am hoping the car wasn't broken in and they didn't have any practice with it. With horrible DA and bone stock I was running 13.2-13.3s in an 06 STI. The RS should be quite a few tenths faster than this.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I'll be cool with it running around 13 stock. That's what my SRT8 was running stock, and it was plenty quick for me. Not that I'll ever take it to the track for drag racing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll be cool with it running around 13 stock. That's what my SRT8 was running stock, and it was plenty quick for me. Not that I'll ever take it to the track for drag racing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Which year?

·
Registered
2,543 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I made a google form to submit stuff.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WtTnNwDwsy--TKf-hdy_UmcNpS43cFMmBdVWIrOOy8I/viewform

Which people can then peruse to see all of the data submitted. It includes options for modifications and the like. Which means if people want to sort stock cars, or see only modified cars. Or just sort for the fastest time so far. Can all be done because its a spreadsheet, perfect for this type of stuff.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k_H-pLMmIjSMAmtAPSr2Qv029K42SwR02M26y5IJSa4/edit?usp=sharing

I wish the forums had code to submit this kind of stuff and display it.

Some of the forums have options to add timeslip data, but you can't do anything with it. Which would be the awesome. You could fill out your timeslip data and it would go into a database that could then be listed as say the "Top Ten Fastest RS" list on the from page.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I made a google form to submit stuff.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WtTnNwDwsy--TKf-hdy_UmcNpS43cFMmBdVWIrOOy8I/viewform

Which people can then peruse to see all of the data submitted. It includes options for modifications and the like. Which means if people want to sort stock cars, or see only modified cars. Or just sort for the fastest time so far. Can all be done because its a spreadsheet, perfect for this type of stuff.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k_H-pLMmIjSMAmtAPSr2Qv029K42SwR02M26y5IJSa4/edit?usp=sharing

I wish the forums had code to submit this kind of stuff and display it.

Some of the forums have options to add timeslip data, but you can't do anything with it. Which would be the awesome. You could fill out your timeslip data and it would go into a database that could then be listed as say the "Top Ten Fastest RS" list on the from page.
Great post. If people post their slips in here with mods and without, as well as substantiate it. I can just up date the first post.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Great post. If people post their slips in here with mods and without, as well as substantiate it. I can just up date the first post.
I tried to look for an add-on that would let you upload an attached timeslip for proof. But couldn't find one for the sheets. I suppose I should probably add a Forum Name field to the form so it can be associated.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Great thread thanks.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I'm going to take mine to ATCO raceway, which is a VERY fast track, and a track that I am very comfortable on. But I doubt I'll grab the hero #...

The only problem I see is that there is going to be variations right out of the gate between forged/cast and cup2/pss. So there will be multiple bone stock trends. Someone with the forged/cup2 (neither of which I have) is probably going to get the hero number.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I'm going to take mine to ATCO raceway, which is a VERY fast track, and a track that I am very comfortable on. But I doubt I'll grab the hero #...

The only problem I see is that there is going to be variations right out of the gate between forged/cast and cup2/pss. So there will be multiple bone stock trends. Someone with the forged/cup2 (neither of which I have) is probably going to get the hero number.
Well, if you are the first then you get to be the Hero even if get a 21 second trip. :)

The tires will help, but not that much.

The Cup2 isn't a drag radial and it stiffer sidewall might actually hinder the launch slightly compared to a softer sidewall.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I tried to look for an add-on that would let you upload an attached timeslip for proof. But couldn't find one for the sheets. I suppose I should probably add a Forum Name field to the form so it can be associated.
No options to "insert" video or pictures?

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
No options to "insert" video or pictures?
I can insert video's and pictures without an issue. But I can't provide a place where you can upload one and have it associated with your entry.

I could make a field where you could past a URL, but then that relies on people actually posting the URL and keeping the URL alive so the links don't die later on.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can insert video's and pictures without an issue. But I can't provide a place where you can upload one and have it associated with your entry.

I could make a field where you could past a URL, but then that relies on people actually posting the URL and keeping the URL alive so the links don't die later on.
Not that I don't like your form, its a great tracker, but wouldn't it just be easier to post slips/vids in this thread?

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Not that I don't like your form, its a great tracker, but wouldn't it just be easier to post slips/vids in this thread?
It was mostly meant to be an easier way to read the posted data.

The existing table functions in VBulletin are horrendous for editing. It was tried on FocusST, and it just doesn't work once you get beyond 10 entries since everything has to be edited inline.

1 - 20 of 552 Posts