**NEED ADVICE** FAIL: Pre-Delivery Inspection 2018 LE - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

**NEED ADVICE** FAIL: Pre-Delivery Inspection 2018 LE

This is a discussion on **NEED ADVICE** FAIL: Pre-Delivery Inspection 2018 LE within the Focus RS Discussions forums, part of the Focus RS Forums category; @ The_Squid @ KakiharaFRS @ cornerexit @ onestep @ nvmaddog & anyone else I know, I'm off in fantasy land here, but thinking about this ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: **NEED ADVICE** FAIL: Pre-Delivery Inspection 2018 LE

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    271 times
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    @The_Squid @KakiharaFRS @cornerexit @onestep @nvmaddog & anyone else

I know, I'm off in fantasy land here, but thinking about this and hearing your thoughts will help me process my own.

Let's say Ford says "tell you what this isn't the kind of thing we want to have happen, and we want to make you happy, and confident." "We're going to fix all these issue in the best way possible (whatever way you ask for) and we're going to give you an 8 year 125k miles PremiumCARE ESP warranty, $0 deductible, at no cost."

Those of you that said (or think) walk/run away, do you still do it in that case?
    Last edited by thomwithah; 02-12-2018 at 02:50 PM.

RS Senior Member
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ford is going to tell you to go speak to the dealership. They will fix the scratches in the paint and in the interior, but probably not to your satisfaction.

Any dealership that attempts to scam you into signing an agreement that negates any of their liability is not going to be the type of dealership to back up their product with good work.

You will have burnt a bunch more time and energy on this car and will be in the same situation again.... “they mostly fixed the problems... do I buy it, even though it’s not perfect”?

Spend the time and energy finding one from somewhere else.
    DoctorA likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1260 times
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thomwithah View Post
    Thanks. That one is mostly the same. I know it's silly, but I kinda wanted the car cover too. Basically everything but the winter wheels.

If I'm not going for exact copies I can find one near to Houston. If I didn't hold out for certain options I could go get one today for invoice plus about $220 in BS fees. If I drive further away I could save more but then have to start paying more for transport. It's a whole mess. I won't pay more than invoice and no BS dealer fees. I want to have local guys do PPF, detail, ceramic, etc. I don't want to risk a rock chip before PPF. It all becomes a new headache...
    You’ll be able to find a factory car cover here on the forum easily. Tons of dealers include them, and 90% of customers don’t want one. Not to mention every Canadian car comes with the cover too. I was able to find a factory cover locally in NorCal for $200, I think Ford lists the price near $500 or something crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Grimlock
    2017 Nitrous Blue Focus RS1- No options, built 9/27/2016, delivered 1/9/17
    "Dynamically, the RS is in a different league than the others, maybe even playing a different sport." - Car & Driver, May 2016 comparing the Focus RS to the WRX STI and Golf R

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    271 times
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Squid View Post
    Ford is going to tell you to go speak to the dealership. They will fix the scratches in the paint and in the interior, but probably not to your satisfaction.

Any dealership that attempts to scam you into signing an agreement that negates any of their liability is not going to be the type of dealership to back up their product with good work.

You will have burnt a bunch more time and energy on this car and will be in the same situation again.... “they mostly fixed the problems... do I buy it, even though it’s not perfect”?

Spend the time and energy finding one from somewhere else.
    I think this is a pretty realistic outcome if I moved forward on the vehicle. I could see the same thing happening and am basically expecting to if I were to move forward.

That said, prior to the arbitration agreement the dealership seemed pretty OK to me. Straightforward and not wasting my time. They're a part of Sonic Automotive Group, which seems pretty big. I think that arbitration agreement comes down from them.

For what I want there's a lot of time an energy to be spent finding another. It will almost certainly mean compromise of some sort. Either equipment, cost, cost of transport, cost of paint correction, license plate holder holes to plug in the front, or something will be different and/or more costly. That's why I'm not quite ready to walk away just now.

Same everything, I'd walk right now.
    Same but, $300 more, walk
    Same but something else.... well I'm not sure, yet.

Did you see my post above your last?

Member #
    Liked
    1260 times
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    I think this is a pretty realistic outcome if I moved forward on the vehicle. I could see the same thing happening and am basically expecting to if I were to move forward.

That said, prior to the arbitration agreement the dealership seemed pretty OK to me. Straightforward and not wasting my time. They're a part of Sonic Automotive Group, which seems pretty big. I think that arbitration agreement comes down from them.

For what I want there's a lot of time an energy to be spent finding another. It will almost certainly mean compromise of some sort. Either equipment, cost, cost of transport, cost of paint correction, license plate holder holes to plug in the front, or something will be different and/or more costly. That's why I'm not quite ready to walk away just now.

Same everything, I'd walk right now.
    Same but, $300 more, walk
    Same but something else.... well I'm not sure, yet.

Did you see my post above your last?
    I think you’re in a position where you’re not going to be happy. You’ll likely find another car, but it’s going to cost more and/or not have the exact options you want. Also, odds are if you find another car it will have swirled paint, since no Ford dealer properly prepares a car. That can be fixed, but it costs time/money.

So I think it’s time to get realistic on you’re expectations, which is why you posted this discussion (I assume).

Grimlock
    "Dynamically, the RS is in a different league than the others, maybe even playing a different sport." - Car & Driver, May 2016 comparing the Focus RS to the WRX STI and Golf R

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    271 times
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    You’ll be able to find a factory car cover here on the forum easily. Tons of dealers include them, and 90% of customers don’t want one. Not to mention every Canadian car comes with the cover too. I was able to find a factory cover locally in NorCal for $200, I think Ford lists the price near $500 or something crazy.

I know. Thanks! I already bought one. I just wanted one on the sticker, and to keep nice. Like I said silly....

That said there other issues for that particular vehicle. Distance is big. Transport is expensive. Flights there aren't free. Perhaps they'll deal, but chances of meeting my pricing expectations are not great. I'm not looking to spend an extra $1000+ on a vehicle because Ford can't deliver the one I ordered, to me, properly. I rather say screw it, and buy something else entirely. Of course there's the problem of selling of all the parts I've already bought in that case.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    271 times
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    So I think it’s time to get realistic on you’re expectations, which is why you posted this discussion (I assume).
    You're right. Would you mind helping me out and answering the question I asked?

& anyone else

I know, I'm off in fantasy land here, but thinking about this and hearing your thoughts will help me process my own.

Let's say Ford says "tell you what this isn't the kind of thing we want to have happen, and we want to make you happy, and confident." "We're going to fix all these issue in the best way possible (whatever way you ask for) and we're going to give you an 8 year 125k miles PremiumCARE ESP warranty, $0 deductible, at no cost."

Those of you that said (or think) walk/run away, would you still do it in that case?

Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Extended warranties don't do a damn thing for me, never have a car long enough to use them. What I absolutely will not take, is a brand new vehicle with 0 miles that requires paintwork.
    thomwithah, DoctorA and rdriggett like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1260 times
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    You're right. Would you mind helping me out and answering the question I asked?
    I think I have answered as best as possible. You best bet is to find another car, but expect to pay more than your current deal and/or it might not be exactly what you ordered. I wouldn’t buy a car with significant issues from the factory. That being said, if you want a Ford that you ordered, followed being built, and shipped from Germany...you have little (to no) options.

I think the best bet you have is if you get a regional Ford rep involved and see if they can redirect another car from another dealer. Of course both dealers want to make money, so I’m not sure how Ford could swing that considering the RS run is over.

You have very little leverage. Figure out what you prioritize most and then move on.
    thomwithah likes this.
    Grimlock

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    271 times
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nvmaddog View Post
    Extended warranties don't do a damn thing for me, never have a car long enough to use them. What I absolutely will not take, is a brand new vehicle with 0 miles that requires paintwork.
    Cool, thanks! I hold cars often. Not all, but some. I was hoping the RS would be with me 10+ years.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors