"I'm getting my head gasket fixed" MEGATHREAD - Page 110
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

"I'm getting my head gasket fixed" MEGATHREAD

This is a discussion on "I'm getting my head gasket fixed" MEGATHREAD within the Focus RS Discussions forums, part of the Focus RS Forums category; New Here - Dropped my all OE RS (less rhan 2K on the odemeter) off at Beach Ford (Virginia Beach, VA) last Tuesday (05 FEB ...

Poll: Head Gasket Only or HG + Head?

Page 110 of 324 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 3239
Like Tree1515Likes

Thread: "I'm getting my head gasket fixed" MEGATHREAD

RS Member
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    New Here -

Dropped my all OE RS (less rhan 2K on the odemeter) off at Beach Ford (Virginia Beach, VA) last Tuesday (05 FEB 18) - Informed originally by service advisor I should have the car back by Monday (12 FEB 18). Not so much - Informed Monday, they won't have the parts on-hand (gasket and bolts) until next Thursday (22 FEB 18)... Likelly will not get my ride back until Friday (23 FEB 18)... Hmmm, 18 days is a long time for a repair... At least I'm getting a rental at no cost while I wait...

Drawback here is the rental (Enterprise) is a high milage hum-ho Focus SE... grrrrrr...

RS Master
    Member #
    Liked
    246 times
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon143 View Post
    My dealer, Stamford (CT) Ford, is processing these one per week. Fortunately, I got in early and will be the third or fourth car that they're processing.

When the service agent pulled up my record, she said "ah, the head gasket," and was very familiar with the issue and the whole history of the thing.

Here's hoping when I go in that they'll be fully ready to go. Probably a good thing that I'm not first or second.
    This is definitely where I would send my car to get done if I weren't halfway across the country. More often than not, the experience is much like others have mentioned. The guys who've had dealers tell them the car isn't a Ford based on the W in the VIN though, that's just nuts. I would be in the GSM's office after that. People with that utter lack of knowledge in the product they represent are costing that store actual money.

The store I'm working with seems to have an understanding...It's too soon to tell though. They told me they've done 1 or 2 so far, but I remain cautious....Last night I looked at the coolant level and it's at the minimum mark...Still over the seam though...I guess that's fine.
    2017 RS - #12974 Stealth Grey Leaving soon...she will be missed!
    2016 Shelby GT 350 - #0032 Triple Yellow Tri-Coat
    2002 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro - "Gloria" Light Silver Metallic
    2004 Ford Mustang Cobra Convertible - #423/1010 MystiChrome
    2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0 AWD Black Label Red Flame Chromaflair/Chalet Coming soon!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1095 times
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Dropped mine off this morning at the dealer I bought it from (AutoNation Ford in Sanford FL). Service and parts are all over the fact of parts backorder but they figured they’d test today to see what kit to order. So if I pass, I assume I’ll get the car back today as we wait for the head gasket kit, if it fails, service rep said it’ll be there “however long it takes”. They put me in an Enterprise rental with the directive to give me only a Ford, so this is my ride for the next day or next few weeks.

I’m *thinking* my car needs the head as I have experienced notable coolant loss in the RS (4700 miles)

Already putting together a list of post-TSA upgrades including a Stratified tune and a catch can setup

Twizzty likes this.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Frozen White RS2
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    I took the road less traveled, and that has made all the difference.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

RS Rookie
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Mine has been in for 1 week now. Not a peep from the dealership despite leaving a couple voicemails with the service advisor and service manager asking for an update on my car. On a good note they did give me a brand new F-150 for a loaner and I happen to be moving to a new place so that came in handy. But I am so OCD about my vehicles and this whole experience has been so off putting I will probably end up getting rid of a car that I had planned to keep forever.

RS Member
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Took mine in at 730AM today. At 930AM I was called to let me know it failed the pressure test. So now I'm waiting until Monday for the update on status. Supposedly, they'll have it back to me on Tuesday.

Are there any concerns that since I failed the pressure test and they found coolant, of long term damage, things that require a new block?

RS Rookie
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Update on my RS. Service manager told me yesterday, Feb 12 that parts might be here on Feb 28. If the parts come in on the 28th, that will make 5 weeks in the shop. I thought these part were supposed to be available.
    2017 Nitrous Blue, RS2 Pkg, Power Moonroof, Car Cover, Painted Forged Aluminum Wheels w/PSC 2 Tires

Member #
    Liked
    653 times
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    How long of a drive is it for you to the dealership? That seems pretty quick to let the car cool and run a pressure test.
    monkey302 likes this.
    2016 Nitrous Blue RS2 with moonroof and winter wheel
    Mountune,Radium,Boomba,Whiteline,CnC,Anarchy Motive,Scorpion,CP-e

Around here somewhere. We're all somewhere.
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey302 View Post
    Took mine in at 730AM today. At 930AM I was called to let me know it failed the pressure test. So now I'm waiting until Monday for the update on status. Supposedly, they'll have it back to me on Tuesday.

Are there any concerns that since I failed the pressure test and they found coolant, of long term damage, things that require a new block?
    Ummm... what?

That's not 5 hours past cool down, that's not even 5 hours period.

So they put 20psi on a hot engine and it dropped pressure? Color me shocked.

For clarification, did they actually say they borescoped it and found liquid, or are you assuming based on other commentary?
    monkey302 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostRS13 View Post
    Any good dealerships in eastern PA? I doubt the one I bought it from even knows there was an issue and the couple local ones suck.
    How'd your repair go/what's your status? I live in Lancaster, PA and just bought a new RS. I'm waiting for delivery. My dealership had already done the pressure test and was "waiting on parts." I'm not sure if I believe that they were in order but they should be now.

Anyway let me know what you experienced and I'll update you as well. What area of eastern PA are you in?

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    How long of a drive is it for you to the dealership? That seems pretty quick to let the car cool and run a pressure test.
    Another example not allowing cooldown and possibly showing a false-fail. I would argue this is contributing to the parts shortage from a cylinder head perspective.
    monkey302, lflouie and blown68 like this.

Page 110 of 324 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors