Does your car incite aggression in other drivers? - Page 11
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

Does your car incite aggression in other drivers?

This is a discussion on Does your car incite aggression in other drivers? within the Focus RS Discussions forums, part of the Focus RS Forums category; Originally Posted by Promit Where the hell do you people get all this stuff happening? I daily drive an NB and get zero attention more ...

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Does your car incite aggression in other drivers?

Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Promit View Post
    Where the hell do you people get all this stuff happening? I daily drive an NB and get zero attention more than like once every couple weeks. I'm invisible to the STs, the WRXes, even the damn Type Rs.
    Agreed.

Only attention I get is folks disregarding my existence on the road. Blind merges galore. Brakes confirmed.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

RS Senior Member
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I get that sometimes, but strangely always from regular cars and suvs, but I think that's mostly because I drive like a grandma most of the time and people don't like how slow I'm accelerating. Had a fusion kinda wanting to race last week, presumably a fusion sport, but traffic was not great and I knew he had similar horsepower and more torque so there wouldn't be a significant difference over such a short distance and I backed off. Others don't seem to care about my car at all. There's a university in my area that has a fleet of white base model foci for their maintenance and management, so my white car kinda blends in if you don't know about cars.

There's a yellow modified focus ST in my area that I think is the same car that honked and waved at me last year which was nice.

RS Senior Member
    Member #
    Liked
    122 times
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Locally, the RS seems to be old news. When I got my first one in 2017, it got lots of this attention, which is why I posted this initial message, but now, such attention is very rare. Occasionally, I'll have a WRX or Golf kinda pace me for a while before doing a flyby, but that's now a very rare occurrence.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I seem to attract GTI drivers on the 95 for some reason.

Subarus dont seem interested though I had an Audi RS5 last week who played for a bit before getting bored and leaving me in the dust...
    In the valley of the blind, the one eyed man is King

2018 RR

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1824 times
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Most recently a MS3 with a big fat exhaust pipe (loud AF). Various BMW sedans (most aggressive), Focus ST's, it's always someone. We have tollways here that are 70 mph rated. I'm usually doing 80-90 mph since I'm paying to be on them (fast lane). Some buster will be in the middle lane playing with their phone or something, I go by in the fast lane, and suddenly they decide to put their phone/burger down, and try to engage in Fast and Festerment dipshat highway pull racing. It's silly. It's getting to the point I'm going to need a sharpie and a piece of cardboard sign that reads "You're not worth MY gasoline". I carried that around in my STi for years because I got tired of it.
    SilverWings-L, opera_bob and Paolo like this.
    Don't worry, scrote. There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick-ass lives. My first wife was 'tarded. She's a pilot now.

RS Senior Member
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cornerexit View Post
    Most recently a MS3 with a big fat exhaust pipe (loud AF). Various BMW sedans (most aggressive), Focus ST's, it's always someone. We have tollways here that are 70 mph rated. I'm usually doing 80-90 mph since I'm paying to be on them (fast lane). Some buster will be in the middle lane playing with their phone or something, I go by in the fast lane, and suddenly they decide to put their phone/burger down, and try to engage in Fast and Festerment dipshat highway pull racing. It's silly. It's getting to the point I'm going to need a sharpie and a piece of cardboard sign that reads "You're not worth MY gasoline". I carried that around in my STi for years because I got tired of it.
    I laughd so hard at the burger part, first of all who eats a burger while driving, and you know they're butthurt and serious when they have to put down the burger to do a pull on you lmao
    opera_bob likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    suddenly they decide to put their phone/burger down, and try to engage in Fast and Festerment dipshat highway pull racing.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Fast and Festerment!! LMAO!!!
    Paolo likes this.
    2017 Black Focus RS2 with the black wheels and silver winter set. Build Date 2/14/2017, Valentine's Day!
    Hidden Content My RS at the Salon.

Supporting Member l0stperfecti0n's Avatar
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hilarious, but this makes me sad. My car before my RS was a MS3 haha. My RS hasn't actually triggered any other drivers to do this kind of thing to me (possibly because it is white and can look unassuming?). I do get a nod and a thumbs up at least once every few weeks though.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    311 times
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    This morning on the on ramp on the freeway there is a light to go on the on ramp, a 2000s civic si hatch (hella flush setup) in front of me.

I rolled in behind him and I think when he noticed me he jumped the red light to go, I waited for it to go green. It was really slow, I caught up with him before the merge was done.

By the time I was on the middle lane of the freeway he was trying to catch up, this was stop and go traffic. But in one point I was like half a mile away

By the merge from the 54 to the 805 he was behind me, we're at a stop and I can see him clapping his hands.

Dunno what he's on but I was like I'm not even trying to play with you man, I'm going to work.
    krypt0 likes this.
    2018 NB Focus RS LE
    2010 PB LanEvo X MR
    2006 GG LanEvo IX MR
    1992 MR Civic EG6
    2009 Sarao GT-K (k for Karabao)

RS Senior Member
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yes...especially the older 5.0 Moosetaints...they all seem to want to race...and a red stinger gt...he is still fuming I bet...mostly good vibes though.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors