Turbo (oil) line leaking, whose had it, and who has had it fixed successfully? - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

Turbo (oil) line leaking, whose had it, and who has had it fixed successfully?

This is a discussion on Turbo (oil) line leaking, whose had it, and who has had it fixed successfully? within the Focus RS Discussions forums, part of the Focus RS Forums category; truth is, if the person working on the car cares about their work, they will find it. honestly, i don't know how most of these ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Turbo (oil) line leaking, whose had it, and who has had it fixed successfully?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    313 times
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    truth is, if the person working on the car cares about their work, they will find it. honestly, i don't know how most of these HG recalls are being done with the utmost care without pulling the entire motor. I couldn't fathom leaning over/under and every which way to make sure that silicon gasket maker was on properly. I don't know if your tech did that or not, but i see it as the only feasible way to do it correctly. I understand your concerns, most definitely. This is the first time I've gotten to drive my car, worry free, in literally years. It's been under the knife so much, and I've put my faith in so many others, all to be left with a leaky, basically broken car. This car has been nothing but a HUGE pain for me, but as you stated, the way it drives is something special, and something you don't get at this price point.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1847 times
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ardevas09 View Post
    truth is, if the person working on the car cares about their work, they will find it. honestly, i don't know how most of these HG recalls are being done with the utmost care without pulling the entire motor. I couldn't fathom leaning over/under and every which way to make sure that silicon gasket maker was on properly. I don't know if your tech did that or not, but i see it as the only feasible way to do it correctly. I understand your concerns, most definitely. This is the first time I've gotten to drive my car, worry free, in literally years. It's been under the knife so much, and I've put my faith in so many others, all to be left with a leaky, basically broken car. This car has been nothing but a HUGE pain for me, but as you stated, the way it drives is something special, and something you don't get at this price point.
    I've driven so many cars man. The chassis reminds me (not saying it is) of a Cayman. The drivetrain, I guess the R35's I've driven, that's the only car I could say has something remotely close to the Twinster and even it doesn't have a button to send 70% to the rear, at least that I know about. Someone asked me about the RS not long ago, wanting the deep dive. I told them it was this special, truly unique car, mislabled by most everyone, that you have to put up with dipS Ford to get. That's the truth. My God I wish it had a different badge on it and thank God they outsourced the drivetrain. Which they would have done that with the head as originally intended. I would have happily paid more to have a Cosworth stamped head. Waiting on my daily call from the service guy.
    Don't worry, scrote. There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick-ass lives. My first wife was 'tarded. She's a pilot now.

Member #
    Liked
    948 times
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cornerexit View Post
    I called the service writer again today and mentioned all this. Dye, timing cover, front cover, whatever needs to be checked. That there was an addendum to the HG recall that specifically stated silicon needed to be used on two distinct points of the HG to insure proper seal. And that this could easily cause oil to drip on the line to the turbo and the line from the turbo to the block. I was pretty adamant about it. I said hey, maybe it's the updated line that's the issue but history of this car favors it being the head as many owners have had that line replaced only to have it leak again because it's coming from the head. I was nice about the whole thing stating I just didn't want to have to bring it back yet again for this mess. They know I want to mod, tune, and truly enjoy the car. And I do. I was as nice as I could be. Told him I wasn't trying to tell the Senior Master Tech how to do his job, only that we are a bunch of nuts on here, and know the car inside and out, at least from a fault perspective. I'd love a new motor with the correct HG, and start over. I'm already sick of this S. It's ridiculous from a company this large. But I also know many GT350 owners Voodoo motors are burning oil and they aren't doing jack S about that either. It's common decency and customer retention to expect your 40 grand car to function properly. You speak or deal with them and they think you are a problem child because you nicely demand S be fixed properly and for good. It's very frustrating. I bought this car for permanence. It's got $3500 in clearbra and ceramic tint, a $1k exhaust, short shifter and bushings, and I've been in a hold pattern on an IC, charge piping, intake, wga, ssc, intake, recirc valve, Lichtfield dampers because I'm too afraid to f with it fearing coolant drinking and oil loss. I f'in love the thing but nothing is worth stress and aggravation. I mean it's not a 1k phone or computer. I know people who flip out on their refrigerator going out and having to buy a new one. This is 4 stacks of high society at play. And I've got over 5k invested on top of purchase price in protection, extra set of wheels, non-warranty affecting modifications. I would have invested a dime in this thing if I knew this is how it would play out. Hopefully they can fix it and fix it for good. I've just read of too many members with the car in the shop for months and months during their ownership duration from PTU issues, engine issues, part availability, etc. I drive a lot of cars, drove a '19 SS 1LE last night, have driven more 6 figure cars that I can count, and I can vouch for how special this chassis and drivetrain is, but like I said, not worth it if it's back and forth to the shop frequently. I'm trying to keep an open mind. I'd feel great if they called me and said "we looked at the head no issues, no leaks" or "we found what you are talking about with the silicone points and you're right".
    If its any consultation its not ALL engines that need the TA-30 on the HG. Its an update to the shop manual. There will be a lot of factory engines that never got it.

Ciao
    If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much space.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1847 times
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    It’s fixed. Was definitely the line. The Sr. Master Tech knew exactly about the silicon and the head. He said he knows the car inside and out now having worked on so many of them now. I didn’t ask how many RS recall/hg’s He had done but it sounded like a lot. I’ll type in the work details from the service order later. He dye tested and pressure tested the thing before and after. And he definitely checked the front cover and head for leaks also. Tech put 22 miles on my car I know they were spirited (Fine by me the car should be pushed after a fix like this as running it through the RPM”s is a great way to check the work) because my gas gauge was at half, but I’m sure a big portion of that was it idling on the lift as they did they when initial dye testing as well as after. He even had his little guy he was training clean my undertray extensively to get the oil out of it.
    ardevas09 and insanekiwi like this.
    Don't worry, scrote. There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick-ass lives. My first wife was 'tarded. She's a pilot now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors