Wet seat?
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

Wet seat?

This is a discussion on Wet seat? within the Focus RS Discussions forums, part of the Focus RS Forums category; Hey guys, Went for a ride today to the store and came back out to put some bags in the passenger side footwell noticed my ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Wet seat?

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Wet seat?

Hey guys,

Went for a ride today to the store and came back out to put some bags in the passenger side footwell noticed my passenger seat looked wet as if something spilled on it. Rubbed my hand across it was definitely damp.

Thing is nothing ever spilled on the seat ever and it's been 3 days since I last drove the car.

It has no smell to it and seems a tad sticky on my fingers, also noticed the corner of that same seat the Alcantara was able to pull back as it looked to not be attached to the stitching, see pictures. Any clue what happened here? I know these have bladders I checked the tube on the bottom of the seat best I could looked full and normal and nothing wet below the seat.

I'm stumped? Bladder pop or did someone actually spill something and my ocd didn't catch it for days? Nothing makes sense.

Member #
    Liked
    1257 times
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Sunroof leak?

Leaky diaper?

Or?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paolo likes this.
    Grimlock
    2017 Nitrous Blue Focus RS1- No options, built 9/27/2016, delivered 1/9/17
    "Dynamically, the RS is in a different league than the others, maybe even playing a different sport." - Car & Driver, May 2016 comparing the Focus RS to the WRX STI and Golf R

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    Sunroof leak?

Leaky diaper?

Or?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sunroof has been on tilt both times I drove it. Definitely would make sense it it dripped right from the corner of it but it doesn't from what I've seen. And it hasn't really rained at all. I can go pour some water the roof and check to be sure, should all hit drip rail though.

No diapers unless some adults are wearing without telling ? That's a conversation I don't want to have with anyone who's ridden shotgun.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1257 times
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Wet seat?

Quote Originally Posted by klex View Post
    Sunroof has been on tilt both times I drove it. Definitely would make sense it it dripped right from the corner of it but it doesn't from what I've seen. And it hasn't really rained at all. I can go pour some water the roof and check to be sure, should all hit drip rail though.

No diapers unless some adults are wearing without telling ? That's a conversation I don't want to have with anyone who's ridden shotgun.
    Yeah, I avoid sunroofs since Iíve had them leak before, thatís why I ordered my RS without one. My guess is that is your issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Grimlock
    "Dynamically, the RS is in a different league than the others, maybe even playing a different sport." - Car & Driver, May 2016 comparing the Focus RS to the WRX STI and Golf R

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    Yeah, I avoid sunroofs since Iíve had them leak before, thatís why I ordered my RS without one. My guess is that is your issue.

Thanks.

The lack of water coming in is the question though as it hasn't rained really at all to cause that amount of water even then I was in the car both times and not gone out of it for more than five minutes, the sunroof would be fully closed when parked.

I'll check drip rails and do a water test, and check water vents for blockages etc. I've had the sunroof on all three foci trim never had an issue so I'll be surprised if it's just that.

Will report back once I get a chance to look, a telescopic camera helps alot for this specifically really easy to find out.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Keep in mind all sunroofs leak on the focus line however it's just a slit in the middle facing the back of the car and it's intended, the drip rail sits right below it. You can see it bubble up when washing your car but water never made it into the cabin.

Member #
    Liked
    1257 times
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    The sunroof in my old 2000 Volvo V70R leaks if I donít close it just right. Itís a bit annoying, but Iíll be replacing it in a year or so. Itís my utility vehicle for carrying the dog or when I donít want to drive the RS.

Iím thinking Iíll replace it with a Fiesta ST.

Paolo likes this.
    Grimlock

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2720 times
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Could be Poppie...

Hehe
    Go with the sunroof.
    Hankbobo and Azampatti like this.
    2016 FOCUS RS
    Forged 19" Cup 2's
    Built 1.9.16

Delivered 8.11.16
    HG Rev C 11.10.18
    Tyrone Johnson on German rivals:
    "Boring.. Understeer"

Our species needs, and deserves, a citizenry with minds wide awake and a basic understanding of how the world works. --Carl Sagan

Hidden Content

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So no concerns surrounding bladder failure? Anyone here have knowledge on how they're routed inside the seat?

I'm defending my sunroof here

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    568 times
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klex View Post
    So no concerns surrounding bladder failure? Anyone here have knowledge on how they're routed inside the seat?

I'm defending my sunroof here
    You said your sunroof was on tilt when you drove it. Is it possible there was some residual water in the drip rail from previous rain, and when you were driving it dripped in and you didnt notice until you returned to the car?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors