How I feel about my RS 2 and a half years later - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

How I feel about my RS 2 and a half years later

This is a discussion on How I feel about my RS 2 and a half years later within the Focus RS Discussions forums, part of the Focus RS Forums category; I love the RS so much I bought one twice also. It hits all the P's in just the right spot. Price, Performace, and Practicality. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: How I feel about my RS 2 and a half years later

RS Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love the RS so much I bought one twice also. It hits all the P's in just the right spot. Price, Performace, and Practicality.

On the other hand if I didn't have so many kids and could live without the Practicality, I'd have gotten a Camaro SS 1Le or slightly used C7 Corvette. A whole bunch more Performance for not much more money.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RS Senior Member
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Axes View Post
    I love the RS so much I bought one twice also. It hits all the P's in just the right spot. Price, Performace, and Practicality.

On the other hand if I didn't have so many kids and could live without the Practicality, I'd have gotten a Camaro SS 1Le or slightly used C7 Corvette. A whole bunch more Performance for not much more money.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    looks like butterfly genocide
    jonwoos likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Over two years later and I'm still in love.

I am not looking forward to replacing this thing when the time comes... there's nothing else in the price range that even comes close, and the actual driving dynamics are better than sport sedans costing nearly twice as much. Cheap components, head gasket, and quality issues aside, this thing is the most fun I've ever had in a daily driver.

At least once per drive I giggle out loud because I've learned to trust how this car bends the rules of physics. The icing on the cake is that I still look back at it every single time I get out. Every. Single. Time.
    Last edited by Crevarius; 05-18-2019 at 11:52 AM.
    UKXPAT, jonwoos, KHoff and 2 others like this.
    2017 Nitrous Blue RS2 (Canadian)

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

RS Master
    Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm also about 2 and a half years in with RS ownership. I still really love this car. Whenever I start thinking about other cars I'm interested in owning, like the next gen mid engine Corvette or a GT350, I always start getting bummed about the idea of letting the RS go. At this point I may keep it for a very long time and end up with two toy cars in the garage. There is just something special about this car. Any other car I've owned in the past I never thought twice about letting it go to "upgrade" to something else.
    opera_bob likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Only had mine almost a year, but I love it. Smiles for miles!!! By far the fastest and best handling vehicle I have ever owned. My 88 LX coupe with Steeda suspension is fun, but in a different scarier way, plus no where near power level of the RS.
    opera_bob likes this.
    2017 RS2 SB

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Going on one year with my '18 and not a day in the shop. Previous to this I had a '16 Fiesta ST for two years and not a day in the shop. Funnest cars I've ever owned.

I come from VW/Audi my whole life and THOSE are shop cars no ifs ands or buts.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    opera_bob likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    173 times
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltocking View Post
    My insurance is double yours and I live in Texas :'(
    Your Insurance is high because you live in Houston TX. I used to drive for Schneider Bulk Tanker out of Houston. I lived in Corpus Christi back in 2015.

I've never seen so many idiots/crashes out on the road than in Houston TX in all my life on a daily basis. Even more than Boston MA and those idiots are known as Masshole drivers. Masshole drivers got nothing on Houston.

In Houston you got the craziest people ever, mentally Ill like that one time this woman stopped on the Freeway, Stripped Nude, Jumped on the Semi behind her and started Twerking on the hood. smh

My insurance skyrocketed when I got to Corpus...I was like WHHHAAAAAA?????? when they quoted my new rate.

The amount of Insurance I was paying in Corpus for one friggin car was the same as 2 cars in New Hampshire.

There's a good reason why you pay double my friend.
    Last edited by opera_bob; 05-19-2019 at 03:59 AM.
    2017 Black Focus RS2 with the black wheels and silver winter set. Build Date 2/14/2017, Valentine's Day!
    Hidden Content My RS at the Salon.

Supporting Member cosmic charlie's Avatar
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    584 times
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Part time Masshole here. (used to be full time) Have to say you are right. Driving in Ma. is a real trip. Getting on the highway in the morning is like pulling out of the pits in the daytona 500! The roads aren't the greatest (potholes, cracks, bumps). There are some beautiful driving roads if you know where to go and at least most people want to get where they are going.
    On the other hand the rest of the year I'm in Fl. where everyone is old and everything moves slow. It rains every day in the summer. The roads are all flat and the bugs suck!

RS Member
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by opera_bob View Post
    Your Insurance is high because you live in Houston TX. I used to drive for Schneider Bulk Tanker out of Houston. I lived in Corpus Christi back in 2015.

I've never seen so many idiots/crashes out on the road than in Houston TX in all my life on a daily basis. Even more than Boston MA and those idiots are known as Masshole drivers. Masshole drivers got nothing on Houston.

In Houston you got the craziest people ever, mentally Ill like that one time this woman stopped on the Freeway, Stripped Nude, Jumped on the Semi behind her and started Twerking on the hood. smh

My insurance skyrocketed when I got to Corpus...I was like WHHHAAAAAA?????? when they quoted my new rate.

The amount of Insurance I was paying in Corpus for one friggin car was the same as 2 cars in New Hampshire.

There's a good reason why you pay double my friend.
    Many ppl further north don't understand this but the main reason for high rates is all of the illegal alien drivers with no insurance or knowledge of our laws and Road Rules.
    fiST2RS and opera_bob like this.

RS Member
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skold View Post
    Many ppl further north don't understand this but the main reason for high rates is all of the illegal alien drivers with no insurance or knowledge of our laws and Road Rules.

Theft rates are higher in border cities also, as there is a market for cars south of the border.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors