RS and Fiesta St comparo
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

RS and Fiesta St comparo

This is a discussion on RS and Fiesta St comparo within the Focus RS Discussions forums, part of the Focus RS Forums category; I知 sure this is an old topic but I知 really interested in what you all have to say about this comparison.please be thorough. Thank you ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: RS and Fiesta St comparo

RS Rookie
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RS and Fiesta St comparo

I知 sure this is an old topic but I知 really interested in what you all have to say about this comparison.please be thorough. Thank you all

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7702 times
    Mentioned
    676 Post(s)
    2013 #2008,#349 of 2286 in PB ST2, Mountune CBE, CAI, DP, re-circ valve, and Strut Tower Brace, FRPP shifter, K&N filter, Steeda rear sway/strut tower bars, 3M clear bra, WeatherTechs w/ST badges, Zunsport grill kit, Tail of the Dragon decal, Hoonigan crash bar!
    2015 Tuxedo Black FiST (Daughter)
    2016 Stealth Grey RS2, Dewey: Order placed: 30OCT2015, Built: 3MAY2016, Delivered: 31AUG2016! HG repair 31JAN18, surgery complete 9MAR18 and back home.

RS Member
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just read that article the other day and drove a brand new FiST today. While the FiST is a nice car, it isn't remotely close to the RS. Bang for buck/smiles per mile might be about equal or in favor of the FiST but the RS is just totally in another class. If I only had $20k it'd be the FiST hands down.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1806 times
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The Fiesta ST is the bang for the buck winner. Sure its not as fast as the RS anywhere. However, its rock solid, reliable, and fun to drive while being damned cheap. You can find used examples with 50-80k on the clock for under $10,000. Thats ALOT of fun for a cheap car.

The Focus RS on the other hand has limits that quickly exceed any legal limits, and its capabilities are beyond most drivers skill-sets. A bolt-on Focus RS with a set of sticky tires is a practically a God Slayer. But you pay for it. Its not a cheap car, even used. They still command a good price.

You could basically buy 3 used Fiesta ST's for the price of a single RS.

That said, You would have to pry the Keyfob for my RS from my cold, dead hands. The sheer capability of the car is stupid, coupled with the 4 door hatch-back form. The only cars I could see replacing the RS would be a Volvo V60 Polestar, or a Porsche Panamera 4S.
    -Bill

1989 Pontiac TransAm GTA | Arctic White | Born 11/17/1988 | Supercalafragalisticheadscamalidocious
    2017 Ford Focus RS | Frozen White | RS2 |RS# 4266 | Born 6/4/2017 | Purchased 4/21/2018
    2016 Ford Focus RS | Stealth Grey | RS2 |RS# 4993 | Ordered 10/12/2015 | Born 5/11/2016 | Received 7/9/2016 | Death 4/16/2018 Hidden Content
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I came from a FiST to the RS.

A few things. The FiST feels much smaller and lighter. The first time I got into the RS I felt like I was in a minivan, lol. This size and weight makes driving the RS slow so boring and chore like. With the FiST everything felt like a go cart track. The interior of the RS is much nicer than the FiST, a lot less rattles although my RS is not rattle free.

Once you start driving the RS with a lead foot it really comes alive and becomes such an awesome car, and is no doubt a faster car.

Style wise, I think the RS looks better, as I didn't like some angles of the FiST.

Part of me will always wish I would have kept the FiST, as it would have been paid off by now, and a hybrid turbo with an e30 tune making around 300whp, with some flares would be a hoot to drive. I really wish I would have gone that route really bad at times.

I will eventually own another FiST, I'm positive about that.

The ST
    Name:  bjxyrCk.png
Views: 79
Size:  3.20 MB
    Paolo and 320icar like this.
    2016 Focus RS2 - Nitrous Blue

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I can't really say that I enjoy one over the other. I make sure to drive them both at least once a week. Both fun as hell to drive and neither one fails to put a smile on my face! Thinking about doing the GTX2860R garret turbo upgrade. That little 1.6 liter in the FiST can be tuned to about 350 horses without needing to upgrade the internals!
    1989 Merkur XR4TI - Project car
    1997 Ranger - DD 220,000 miles and still going.
    1997 Ranger - Turbo 2.5 L, 86 SVO forged internals, lowered, TSW 18" rims, Race Orange. Hidden Content
    2003 F-150 - FX4, 200,000 miles.
    2016 Fiesta ST - Molten Orange, Bone stock.
    2017 Focus RS - Black, Bone stock - not for long.

RS Member
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002whitegt View Post
    I came from a FiST to the RS.

A few things. The FiST feels much smaller and lighter. The first time I got into the RS I felt like I was in a minivan, lol. This size and weight makes driving the RS slow so boring and chore like. With the FiST everything felt like a go cart track. The interior of the RS is much nicer than the FiST, a lot less rattles although my RS is not rattle free.

Once you start driving the RS with a lead foot it really comes alive and becomes such an awesome car, and is no doubt a faster car.

Style wise, I think the RS looks better, as I didn't like some angles of the FiST.

Part of me will always wish I would have kept the FiST, as it would have been paid off by now, and a hybrid turbo with an e30 tune making around 300whp, with some flares would be a hoot to drive. I really wish I would have gone that route really bad at times.

I will eventually own another FiST, I'm positive about that.

Same as this guy (hence my user name).

Had a 2014 FiST, kept it for 4 years and 35k miles.

Had the Cobb access port, only a Stage 1 tune, Cobb springs and swaybars, Borla Catback and Injen CAI.

Had my RS for 16 months (just sold it) and 8500 miles.

Agree with everything whiteGT has stated.

Honestly I miss the FiST more. Was just a super fun car to drive at 10/10th on every drive, from the morning commute to Saturday morning runs to the grocery store.

I may pick another one up. Isn't 2019 the last year they are being sold in the US? May look to pick up a used 2019 in a year or two.....

This time I will probably do the intercooler upgrade so I can do the Cobb stage 2/3 tunes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fiST2RS; 05-07-2019 at 10:05 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    221 times
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Two months ago I rented a FiST (from Budget! I know!!!) and I have to say, that car is absurdly fun. The interior is most definitely a major jump down, the shift lever linkage feels hilariously whack (I swear the H pattern is drunk), but the car makes hilarious noises stock. The seating position is MUCH better than the RS. I hooned it for ~400 miles and got 32 MPG. Only filled up once. Rides better, too.

Other FiST drawbacks undoubtedly include much smaller interior (especially the laughable back seat, and the hatch area is pretty tiny too), the throttle pedal isn't anywhere near as responsive (for heel/toe especially) and isn't anywhere near loud enough exhaust/engine wise.

That said - if I had an opportunity to buy a FiST as a daily/beater, I would. In a heartbeat. I love the RS, and dailying it has many upsides, it's littler cousin is awesome and would be just as awesome overall.
    Current: 2016 Focus RS FW RS2 - 62k miles and counting!
    Past: 2008 Audi S4 DTM
    Further past: 2008 BMW 335i (lemon'd)

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    339 times
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fiST2RS View Post
    Same as this guy (hence my user name).

Had a 2014 FiST, kept it for 4 years and 35k miles.

Had the Cobb access port, only a Stage 1 tune, Cobb springs and swaybars, Borla Catback and Injen CAI.

Had my RS for 16 months (just sold it) and 8500 miles.

Agree with everything whiteGT has stated.

Honestly I miss the FiST more. Was just a super fun car to drive at 10/10th on every drive, from the morning commute to Saturday morning runs to the grocery store.

I may pick another one up. Isn't 2019 the last year they are being sold in the US? May look to pick up a used 2019 in a year or two.....

This time I will probably do the intercooler upgrade so I can do the Cobb stage 2/3 tunes.
    What do you drive now?
    2018 NB Focus RS LE
    2010 PB LanEvo X MR
    2006 GG LanEvo IX MR
    1992 MR Civic EG6
    2009 Sarao GT-K (k for Karabao)

RS Member
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)