RS and Fiesta St comparo - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

RS and Fiesta St comparo

This is a discussion on RS and Fiesta St comparo within the Focus RS Discussions forums, part of the Focus RS Forums category; Originally Posted by Skold How d o you like it compared to the RS? It's a completely different experience. Hot Hatch vs. Old School Muscle. ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: RS and Fiesta St comparo

RS Member
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skold View Post
    How d o you like it compared to the RS?

It's a completely different experience.

Hot Hatch vs. Old School Muscle.

The RS was quite easy to drive very fast, and was also great at taking the family for a fun drive around town, with the 4-doors and pretty good backseat room. What killed it for me is the reliability issues. Along with the headgasket recall (which was literally announced within 2 weeks of me buying the car - and mine needed the head replaced), I also had a couple of other visits and stays at the local dealership service department for other issues. It may be perfectly fine for the rest of it's life, but after spending so many years driving super reliable Japanese cars, taking a car to the dealer is one of my least favorite things. Would have kept it until the warranty was out but I stumbled onto a great deal on the Shelby GT350, so decided to try something new.

The Shelby is much more of a head turner - the fact that the factory exhaust sounds so much like an actual race car probably has a lot to do with that lol. And so, so, so much power. In the first three gears stomping on the accelerator will cause the rear wheels to spin. Amazing when you consider it is wearing 305's in the rear. It's fun to drive a rear-wheel drive sportscar also, after my last two fun cars were the Fiesta ST and the Focus RS. The only thing I don't like about the Shelby is that it is simply a much bigger/heavier car. Smaller, lighter cars are more fun to drive at and slightly exceeding legal speeds, in traffic, etc.
    Last edited by fiST2RS; 05-12-2019 at 05:46 PM.
    Skold likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    368 times
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    @fiST2RS , thank you for your service sir.
    2018 NB Focus RS LE
    2010 PB LanEvo X MR
    2006 GG LanEvo IX MR
    1992 MR Civic EG6
    2009 Sarao GT-K (k for Karabao)

RS Member
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    No thanks necessary Nick, but appreciate the kind words.

I served during the first Gulf War, but was not deployed in theater (I remember being disappointed I didn't get the chance to get my "combat patch" - in the Army you wear the unit patch of the unit you served in a war zone with on your other shoulder for the rest of your career - but this was when I was young and dumb, lol, and thought I was bulletproof), and got out before the 2nd Middle East shooting started. Folks who have served in Iraq and/or Afghanistan have paid a much higher price, even if they weren't injured.

OP - sorry about the derail, hopefully the few of us who have owned both the FiST and the RS have given you some good answers.
    Skold likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors