RS and Fiesta St comparo - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

RS and Fiesta St comparo

This is a discussion on RS and Fiesta St comparo within the Focus RS Discussions forums, part of the Focus RS Forums category; Originally Posted by Zellhound I was looking at fords website at the Fiestas, and whats the difference between the fiesta ST and the "ST Line"? ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: RS and Fiesta St comparo

Member #
    Liked
    1794 times
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellhound View Post
    I was looking at fords website at the Fiestas, and whats the difference between the fiesta ST and the "ST Line"?
    It certainly doesn't stand for Supremely Turbocharged.

ST-Line is a waste of money.

Buy a used Fiesta ST. Be happy John Spartan.
    -Bill

1989 Pontiac TransAm GTA | Arctic White | Born 11/17/1988 | Supercalafragalisticheadscamalidocious
    2017 Ford Focus RS | Frozen White | RS2 |RS# 4266 | Born 6/4/2017 | Purchased 4/21/2018
    2016 Ford Focus RS | Stealth Grey | RS2 |RS# 4993 | Ordered 10/12/2015 | Born 5/11/2016 | Received 7/9/2016 | Death 4/16/2018 Hidden Content
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content

RS Rookie
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've owned a '15 Focus ST, a '17 Focus RS, and a '14 Fiesta ST, in that order. I still have the RS and Fiesta ST and right now wouldn't trade them for anything. They offer almost completely different driving experiences. As others have said, the RS feels relatively wide and heavy but is fully planted on the ground while the Fiesta is the opposite of that. The question I usually ask myself before picking one to drive is do I feel like going very fast safely or less fast with more butt-puckering moments? One would be hard pressed to find something cheaper that is more fun than a used Fiesta ST...but it is a different kind of fun than the RS for (in my case) 1/6 the cost. At that price point throwing more money at a tune and bolt-ons is also easier to justify as well, which just makes the ride even more of a blast.
    2.3 Turbo'ed likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2708 times
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STeeRS View Post
    I've owned a '15 Focus ST, a '17 Focus RS, and a '14 Fiesta ST, in that order. I still have the RS and Fiesta ST and right now wouldn't trade them for anything. They offer almost completely different driving experiences. As others have said, the RS feels relatively wide and heavy but is fully planted on the ground while the Fiesta is the opposite of that. The question I usually ask myself before picking one to drive is do I feel like going very fast safely or less fast with more butt-puckering moments? One would be hard pressed to find something cheaper that is more fun than a used Fiesta ST...but it is a different kind of fun than the RS for (in my case) 1/6 the cost. At that price point throwing more money at a tune and bolt-ons is also easier to justify as well, which just makes the ride even more of a blast.
    I've always thought that combo is the best of both worlds and glad others have the same thoughts.

ST - Flat out out at street legal limits (have fun in the city without losing your license)
    RS - Take it to the track & experience the limits(sh*T your pants)

What more could you want from a driving perspective?
    2016 FOCUS RS
    Forged 19" Cup 2's
    Built 1.9.16

Delivered 8.11.16
    HG Rev C 11.10.18
    Tyrone Johnson on German rivals:
    "Boring.. Understeer"

Our species needs, and deserves, a citizenry with minds wide awake and a basic understanding of how the world works. --Carl Sagan

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    556 times
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Fiesta?...really..ok
    SG RS2 17

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    311 times
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crepr12 View Post
    Fiesta?...really..ok
    Test drive one, it's a fun car.

As a former TopGear host once said, the best car to push is an under powered one.

The FiST compared to the RS is underpowered but...... hey it's faster than most cars in its class and price range.
    2018 NB Focus RS LE
    2010 PB LanEvo X MR
    2006 GG LanEvo IX MR
    1992 MR Civic EG6
    2009 Sarao GT-K (k for Karabao)

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7650 times
    Mentioned
    670 Post(s)
    Sigh, my kid at her commissioning and graduation over this weekend told me of her intentions with her FiST. FMIC, fifteen52 Tarmac Wheels, and a turbo upgrade, I've definitely created a gearhead gal. So proud of her and that she has a job to pay for her car projects now.
    Last edited by Hoonigan; 05-12-2019 at 06:29 AM.
    Paolo and nicklulu like this.
    2013 #2008,#349 of 2286 in PB ST2, Mountune CBE, CAI, DP, re-circ valve, and Strut Tower Brace, FRPP shifter, K&N filter, Steeda rear sway/strut tower bars, 3M clear bra, WeatherTechs w/ST badges, Zunsport grill kit, Tail of the Dragon decal, Hoonigan crash bar!
    2015 Tuxedo Black FiST (Daughter)
    2016 Stealth Grey RS2, Dewey: Order placed: 30OCT2015, Built: 3MAY2016, Delivered: 31AUG2016! HG repair 31JAN18, surgery complete 9MAR18 and back home.

RS Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoonigan View Post
    Sigh, my kid at her commissioning and graduation over this weekend told me of her intentions with her FiST. FMIC, fifteen52 Tarmac Wheels, and a turbo upgrade, I've definitely created a gearhead gal. So proud of her and that she has a job to pay for her car projects now.
    Congrats!

ROTC or service academy? Which service?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7650 times
    Mentioned
    670 Post(s)

RS and Fiesta St comparo

Quote Originally Posted by fiST2RS View Post
    Congrats!

ROTC or service academy? Which service?
    App State ROTC, Army. On her way to Lost in the Woods in June for BOLC. Reports back to Ft Bragg in November, well she’ll most likely have Airborne School enroute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 #2008,#349 of 2286 in PB ST2, Mountune CBE, CAI, DP, re-circ valve, and Strut Tower Brace, FRPP shifter, K&N filter, Steeda rear sway/strut tower bars, 3M clear bra, WeatherTechs w/ST badges, Zunsport grill kit, Tail of the Dragon decal, Hoonigan crash bar!
    2015 Tuxedo Black FiST (Daughter)
    2016 Stealth Grey RS2, Dewey: Order placed: 30OCT2015, Built: 3MAY2016, Delivered: 31AUG2016! HG repair 31JAN18, surgery complete 9MAR18 and back home.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    311 times
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    That's good!

I was in 3 yrs in Army ROTC when I was in school.

SD is a military town.

She has a bright future ahead of her..... and her FiST!
    2018 NB Focus RS LE
    2010 PB LanEvo X MR
    2006 GG LanEvo IX MR
    1992 MR Civic EG6
    2009 Sarao GT-K (k for Karabao)

RS Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoonigan View Post
    App State ROTC, Army. On her way to Lost in the Woods in June for BOLC. Reports back to Ft Bragg in November, well she’ll most likely have Airborne School enroute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome - you must be proud.

I see your location is Fayette-nam. I was born at Womack Army Hospital on Fort Bragg. My dad retired as a SGM. Spent several years in the service myself, enlisted and officer, but didn't make my 20.

Hope she enjoys her time in. And as a father, I hope she stays safe. Used to think it would be great if my son went in the Army or Marines, but after us being at war for almost 2 decades and seeing so many come back wounded or not at all, I no longer feel the same.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors