Changing Turn Signal Count in Forscan
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

This is a discussion on Changing Turn Signal Count in Forscan within the Focus RS Discussions forums, part of the Focus RS Forums category; Good day- everyone. I am sorry if this is shown somewhere on these forums, but I have looked and looked, and could not find a ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mzdrati
  • 1 Post By jefferysanders

Thread: Changing Turn Signal Count in Forscan

RS Noob
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good day- everyone.

I am sorry if this is shown somewhere on these forums, but I have looked and looked, and could not find a definitive answer:

Is there a way to increase the number of turn signal flashes when using the "Intelligent" turn signal feature on the Focus RS? This is the feature that is enabled when you slightly bump the turn signal stalk... The default number of flashes is 3, and I am looking to up it to 6 or so. Looking through the forums, OTHER Ford products have this parameter as variable by modifying the SCCM (Steering Column Control Module), which the Focus does not have.

Is there a procedure for modifying this parameter in the Focus RS?

I appreciate any and all assistance available.

Thank you.

Anthony
    pecoskid likes this.

RS Senior Member
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I would like to know too. I find 3 flashes are rarely enough and I tend to hold it down for 5 or 6 flashes most of the time.

RS Senior Member
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Sounds like you guys want to help with finding unique bits or things to enable/change with forscan. The HCM or BCM are likely places to start.

https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4393 = references to help in your adventures.

The differences we find are appreciated by all focus RS owners, this program below can be helpful figuring out the differences between each vin AS-Builts; the logic is...if cars 123 have a desired feature on address 720-01-01 x6xx xxxx xx and car 4 has it as x3xx xxxx xx, then car 4 just has to change the value to 6 instead of 3...just compare the first 10
    the last 2 are the checksum (if that's selected/enabled).http://www.compulsivecode.com/Projec...ltCompare.aspx

(here is a list of vins to start with. The more different car variations we find and add the better, thus you have the example scenario above. Finding blacksheep or a mis-configured as-built data, is ideal. e.g. I found one in the USDM with RH symmetric headlights. That made that "bit" stand out against 3 normal cars...
    VIN Market Packages Year

WF05XXGCC5FS22990 EUDM RS2, Lux Early Production **Notes
    WF05XXGCC5HM82485 UKDM RS2, Lux 2017
    WF0DP3TH3G4112677 USDM RS2 2016 RH Symmetric Headlamps black-sheep
    WF05XXGCC5HM82522 UKDM RS2, Lux Early Production
    WF05XXGCC5FS22991 EUDM RS2, Lux ????
    WF0DP3TH9J4127854 USDM RS2, SE 2018
    WF0DP3TH3G4117667 USDM RS2 2016
    WF05XXGCC5GR62280 UKDM Non-Lux 2016
    Last edited by jefferysanders; 04-09-2019 at 09:16 AM.
    SilverWings-L likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

RS Noob
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply, Jeff.

There is a very long thread on this forum about all of the various things that are known parameters that can be changed within the various modules using FORScan to enable certain features or change existing ones. I read every page and every comment (a few of which eluded to the ability to change the number of signal tap flashes) before I made the changes that I wanted to make (HVAC on center display, Navigation on Cluster, and a few other tweaks). I never did find the specifics with respect to changing the signal flash count, and I am certain that I am the wrong person to be tinkering / discovering the way to do it, as I feel blessed to have made the known changes I made without bricking the system in my car.

It's not a big deal- just wondering if anyone happened to know how to do it. I'm guessing one of the pros on here will chime in (if it's a known change). Otherwise I'll live with the 3 flashes for now.

Anthony

RS Senior Member
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    As long as you make one change at a time from know safe values (the numbering formats typically carry over, even if the exact address and bit locations don't;+4, HEX conversions, etc), there is little chance to damage anything, you would just have to revert the change if the desired effect isn't made.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors