Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Moonroof or no moonroof same question on the wheels?

12K views 43 replies 34 participants last post by  Event-Horizon 
#1 ·
Will upgrading to these options have an effect on future value?

#2 ·
Yes. lol

Honestly though I think the decision should be based on what you want not what a future owner would want. Is the sunroof worth $900 to you? Are the forged wheels worth it for you?

KBB says on my 2014 ST3 with 22K miles that the moon roof is worth about $400.

#4 ·
The wife wanted a moonroof.. so we got one.. if I was looking for this to be a speedracer car I would have omitted it.. I haven't used it on my current vehicle.. although the S4 was nice to open up..

#5 ·
Things I love about my sunroof:
  • Enjoying rain from inside the car
  • Letting the moon light the interior at night
  • Quickly airing out heat
  • Watching my girl pretend she's on a roller coaster with her hands out the roof
  • Going through multi-colored soap car washes
  • Admiring tall buildings while driving downtown
  • Rolling all the windows down on a pretty day

Things I've never thought about the sunroof:
  • "The extra weight on the roof is killing my 0-60 times."
  • "I would have rather spent the sunroof money elsewhere."

I can't justify a convertible daily driver, but the sunroof makes me feel much more like I'm part of the world around me, instead of driving through it. YMMV, but having that feeling daily is well worth the weight/cost additions.

#7 ·

I can't justify a convertible daily driver, but the sunroof makes me feel much more like I'm part of the world around me, instead of driving through it. YMMV, but having that feeling daily is well worth the weight/cost additions.[/QUOTE]

This
This
and this, reduced head room.

Decided to forego the moonroof.

#29 ·

I can't justify a convertible daily driver, but the sunroof makes me feel much more like I'm part of the world around me, instead of driving through it. YMMV, but having that feeling daily is well worth the weight/cost additions.
This
This
and this, reduced head room.

Decided to forego the moonroof.
My post was about how great a moonroof is, I'm confused how you got the opposite opinion.

#9 ·
Better resale value with a moonroof. Had a dealer add one at no cost to me on a car I leased because it would make it more desirable. Oddest thing I've ever seen. Deal done and they said one more thing, how would you feel about us installing a sunroof. They put a hell of a power sunroof in, bigger than OEM at the time and we really enjoyed it.

#15 ·
I like a moonroof...lets in some natural light and brightens up the car. Wife insisted. So no real option not too. As for the wheels went for the forged option as stronger. I'm sure there are/will be a ton of options but too hard to choose and don't have endless hours to pick and re pick.

#16 ·
Things I love about having a moonroof:

Things I hate about having a moonroof:
Pointless
Extra Weight
Reduced headroom (a concern for anyone tracking the car)
Potential future leaks, both top seals and drain tube clogs

You can probably figure out how I ordered it.

I went with the forged wheels because the price was decent and they look 100 times better than the standard wheels IMO. And easier to clean.. that once a year I'll wash the car.

Reactions: verysimple
#21 ·
Keeping my wife happy with a moon roof is worth significantly more than $900. Happy Wife = Happy Life
I track for fun maybe 4 times a year so the upgraded wheels/tires aren't worth shaving a second or so off my times. Besides I actually prefer the look of the stock over forged.

Reactions: kbrd
#27 ·
The way I thought of it is: This isn't exactly a lightweight, stripped out racer to begin with. It's a 5 door hatch with heavy electronics. It's much heavier than my current car (AP1 S2000). I'm buying the car because it's much more practical than the S2000 (i can't even get my desktop tower in the trunk, lol), more comfortable, quieter, and faster. I plan to use it to drive to work and back, so.. I went for creature comforts and loaded it up =]

#28 · (Edited)
The forged wheels look awesome and they're lighter and more durable than the standard wheels! I sprang for those and won't be looking aftermarket. As for the moonroof, it's just another thing that can break or leak, it adds weight, and will likely rattle after I put on some miles. Never been big on moonroofs unless they're the panoramic ones on dedicated luxury cars. I'll just roll down the windows when its nice outside.

#34 ·
The no moon roof option for me was easy. I never use them, a/c is on in my car well into November.

The forged wheels was a harder choice. I love the design, hate the finish. After some contemplating, I changed my order to include the forged wheels. As I did not look forward to cleaning the multi-spoke design.

If the Forged were gun metal, they would be perfect.

#36 ·
The forged wheels was a harder choice. I love the design, hate the finish. After some contemplating, I changed my order to include the forged wheels. As I did not look forward to cleaning the multi-spoke design.
Bold text = main reason why I got the forged wheels, but I do like the look of the forged wheels better than the stock ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.