Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Production numbers MY16/MY17?

64K views 102 replies 52 participants last post by  morbid 
#1 ·
Anyone have concrete evidence of production numbers?

#53 · (Edited)
boerniRS is reporting 11500 units and has two styles of plaques.

Text Font Label

Reactions: Icenight
#57 · (Edited)
Just heard back from Boerni about the production plaques.

For $50 shipped, I'll be getting two aluminum plaques in RS then # format with background in Stealth Grey.

Reactions: GrayRS and rewind
#62 ·

For $50 shipped, I'll be getting two aluminum plaques in RS USA then # format with background in Stealth Grey.
How do we know if these plaques are accurate if official numbers have not been released?

For $50 shipped, I'll be getting two aluminum plaques in RS then # format with background in Stealth Grey.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

#59 ·
PM sent. USA is not on the plaque like I reported earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#64 ·
@rewind

Response shot out.

Check your inbox.

#69 ·
#72 ·
interested in the plaques, but leery on accuracy

Reactions: mattlqx
#79 ·
So if 8048 is the first unit of 2017 then mine would be 1443 built for 2017...as long as no VINs were cancelled? I'd like to order one of these...

#82 ·
Ford Sold 16 Focus RS Cars Daily On Average In The USA

Since it was launched in the US last summer, Ford has sold over 3,500 units of the new Focus RS.

This means that 500 vehicles found new homes each month, and doing a little math reveals that about 16 were sold each day on average.

California remains the largest Ford Focus RS consumer, with 627 sold to date, followed by Michigan, Texas, Florida and Pennsylvania, in this order, with 256, 244, 230 and 192 units delivered, respectively.

Ford says that the average transaction price for the potent compact hatch in the US is $42,351, which means more than $6,000 above its base price. This has been 'blamed' on the RS2 package, which became a 'must' on this side of the pond, chosen by more than 62 percent of buyers so far.

Unlike the global trend of the last few years, that sees white as the most popular color, 32 percent of the Ford Focus RS delivered in the US were finished in Stealth Gray, 30 percent went for the Nitrous Blue and 20 percent for the Shadow Black, whereas Frozen White was chosen by 18 percent of the customers.

"Sales momentum for the Focus RS has been incredible in the U.S. for the first six months. Uniquely for a performance vehicle, we haven’t seen any sales decline during the winter months, but rather customer interest has picked up thanks to AWD availability", Ford's Focus Marketing Manager, Jessica Bishop, said.

#85 ·
2018s are still in production, so no.

#86 ·
I spoke to Ford Performance today. They told me concrete numbers for FoRS North American production. They said:

2016: 4111
2017: 7351

They said they have all the information on options, colors, etc., but I didn't bother them with that. They said certificates like those on the first page of this thread will be available soon (1-2) weeks for the 2016-2017 models, and in 2-3 months for the 2018. They didn't have concrete numbers Blue/Red to share on the 2018, yet, but said they would. They said they won't be able to provide an exact build number like they do for other such certificates, but they will come with production stats, like color and option breakdown on a seperate, but included, sheet.

Not sure how reliable this information is, but I thought it was interesting enough to share...

#101 ·
2016 w/ RS2:
NB 1297
SG 771
SB 678
FW 514

2017 w/ RS2:
NB 1863
SG 1408
SB 1498
FW 1152

Reactions: BoostiBoy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.