Ford Focus RS Forum banner

The official crashed RS thread

546K views 2K replies 283 participants last post by  Sokol 
#1 ·
this thread is for all the crashed RS's

we all know seen the idiot at the corner in the NE US somewhere

then this red light runner got one in Miami

the latest a 'coyote' took one out in the hill country of TX, it's a Houston car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Crash Tire

See less See more
1 2
#972 ·
UPDATE: demolition derby count is now 188.

Here's the current breakdown:

NB-60 (4 being LEs)
SG-50
SB-40
FW-30, plus 1 REPO
RR-7

#975 ·
Bushy86 nice sti, seen it, most bags blew and the upper damage could have messed up the plastic covers causing the belt to slip. The sti's ej motors are always a scary buy from the auction with the front end's even if they are minor upper damages. The new wrx fa20 has a full aluminum front chain cover and its a chain and to brake that aluminum cover to cause the chain to jump is difficult ( not impossible, had seen two of them this year with the same issue). With the Plastic 3 piece STI cover shilling the Timing belt every time the plastic covers get jammed/broken the plastic pieces fall on to a rotating belt sliding under the sprockets and causing the belt to skip few teeth which results in bent valves or worse. For this reason a STI that has a good undamaged Front end will sell for much much more money at the auction. The difference is quite significant, a rear ended sti /limited 15 i bought last year where we had to cut the rear c clip i paid 13500 vs a 17 sti with front end damage selling for 8 to 9k just because its a 50/50 if your motor is working properly, the key word properly as even if it skips it might work but horribly and the auction still indicates Engine start/or run and drive. The worse is when you buy a Fa20 for example that has minor front end upper support damage/ run and drive so your paying top dollar for it, however the fa20's have tight clearance between the engine and the frame rail, which causes the engine to jump and brake the oil sensor at the bottom/driver side and who ever is running the motor eventually runs it with out oil starving the motor. You get it bring it, replace the cover, put fresh oil in, drive the car 1500 miles to only hear a Knock knock knock coming from the crank :))))) had that happen to my buddy who ended up buying a motor from me to replace his knocking motor.....
For this reason many many insurance companies will rather total a car rather than dealing with issues that might come up down the road...... Had a similar issue with one of our ST's which had slide under a truck and had the upper core support bent in, intake manifold broken, oil filter was busted either by the forklift guy or damage but they sold it to us as a run and drive, but after many run/drives with out oil we got the car with a seized engine and your just stuck eating that cost ..... Its a Gamble........

#976 · (Edited)
An FW from Knoxville and listed the day after Christmas:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Crash Collision
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Alloy wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Ford
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Motor vehicle
Vehicle Car Crash Collision
Vehicle Car Mid-size car Family car
Text Label
Vehicle Car Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper

#977 ·
At this rate all the RS models on the road will end up limited editions :)

#978 ·
#980 ·
Yes it is. Is it on an auction site? It looks much dirtier than when I left it. But if someone is looking to get it, I know it was in good shape when I left it. I just got done polishing and sealing the paint 2 weeks before(There went some Adams down the drain).

#982 · (Edited)
#985 ·
#986 ·
Another SB but from Denver East and listed as having front end damage:

WF0DP3THXG4114555

Awaiting photos from IAAI.

#987 ·
#988 ·
Here's the Denver East car:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Honda
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Mid-size car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Ford
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Hood Glass
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Gauge Odometer
Vehicle

#990 ·
Without skid marks we'll never know.

#991 ·
Another note, why do so many crashed cars not have their knobs when the interior photo is done?

#993 ·
All auctions iaai or copart are open to general public who pay 20 to 40 admission fee to go see the cars before they auction. Plenty of those folks walk out of the auction yard with a Shift knob, Ignition Key, or anything else small enough that could be carried out to recope the charge for the Entrance fee. It is a sad thing especially when all those keys end up on ebay being sold later. Buyers as iam then end up buying a car thinking the key is there, the shipping company needs the keys to roll or move the vehicles especially on the run/drive cars and when the shipping company gets there an there is no key because some yahoo has walked away with it or because a yard manager has some shady employees that jack the keys to later sell to the local lock smith for profit. The company tries to pick up the car as a run and drive car somewhere in Virginia and you have been waiting for a week to have it picked up, paid for 2 days of storage 40 a day as the company cannot pick it up any other time. The company tries to pick up the car but there is no key then turns around and leaves your car at the lot because in their policy it says "we only pick up running vehicles" then you stuck paying more storage fees until another company is found to pick up your Keyless car which now costs instead of 1000 somewhere in the 1300 range.......... So the fact that people take shift knobs 20 to 40 dollars is nothing compared to the losses one must endure due to Key Theft. Then car gets in and you pay a lock smith 200 to 400 with the key to get it programmed........and you need TWO keys usually for a proper key guy to do it...................So if any of you have FOBS laying around that you did not send to the insurance company you let me know and ill buy them :))))

#995 ·
An SB from Cleveland:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Hatchback
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Crash
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Alloy wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat Mode of transport
Vehicle Car Auto part Engine Collision
Vehicle Car Auto part Multimedia Family car
Vehicle Car Collision Mid-size car Crash

Sorry, no VIN.

#997 ·
An NB from East Bay, CA:

WF0DP3TH5H4122998

Awaiting photos from IAAI.

#1,055 · (Edited)
#1,001 ·
Picked up winter package wheels (brand new) this week from a local vendor who totalled his ‘18 RR.

Kid was 20yo, he fell asleep at the wheel this fall (bought it in May), repair estimates were 42k$cad in his case.

So that’s at least one of the Canadian ´18s out, lasted only a few months! Sorry no picture/Vin, only the brand new wheels waiting for studded tires to be mounted!

Attachments

#1,012 ·
@Barroux

Could this be the RR from post #825?

#1,003 ·
Got them for 800$cad (approx.600$us).

Not such a good deal, I bought a set with the tires included at 9/32 theead depth for my st for 750$cad 2 years ago, but maybe I just got lucky last time! But they are brand new since he crashed it before using them so I bought them anyways (only had the tires removed, dealer have the kid some money for the tires but did not want the wheels). There were not many wheels available in our 5x108 pattern so I jumped on them, I like the look, they had the TPMS mounted and in the end they were about the same as buying cheap aftermarkets!

Was planning on selling one set when I’m done ice racing for sure!

#1,006 ·
Why do I see Jake Paul in this ride from East Bay, CA:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Collision
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback Compact car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Ford
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Automotive design
Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Auto part
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Gauge Family car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto part Engine

And a Hennessey trunk lid decal?

#1,009 ·