Ford Focus RS Forum banner

The official crashed RS thread

546K views 2K replies 283 participants last post by  Sokol 
#1 ·
this thread is for all the crashed RS's

we all know seen the idiot at the corner in the NE US somewhere

then this red light runner got one in Miami

the latest a 'coyote' took one out in the hill country of TX, it's a Houston car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Crash Tire

See less See more
1 2
#489 ·
From East Bay, CA another 2018 LE:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Collision
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Sedan
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Ford Family car

#492 ·
Magnus, no it has not been rebuilt, it was Purchased, then piggy bagged into looking like its a run and drive to sell it for a higher amount than what it sold for prior. We call these vehicles staged vehicles as they are staged as something else when they are not. Unfortunately these are the worst once to buy, and i would never buy one as many shops/people will pull things they need from a car like that and will place it back at the auction to cut their losses, however some are strictly engaged in profit making of this sort where they try to hide the initial Extensive damage behind a facade of partial repairs.

#493 ·
I spoke with the owner of this one shortly after this happened. Gorgeous SG with that carbon fiber - so sad to have seen this on the road when the accident happened, but extremely thankful the owner is safe and back in another SG that is in much better condition than this....but no theft here. The owner took back some parts for his current vehicle.

#499 ·
#502 ·
All the way from Montreal: was a 2017.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Snow Car Collision
Motor vehicle Snow Vehicle Car Collision
Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Collision Crash
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Collision Snow
Vehicle Car Mid-size car Snow Collision

#503 ·
#511 ·
#514 ·
You would think, but if Red 2018 RS LEs become some crazy demand I would not be surprised to see this VIN reappear. With, or even without, the salvage title. It's not entirely unheard of for a car's title to move between some different states then all the sudden it's a clean title again. I'm still waiting for the day I see an "RS" for sale and when I open the back door I find the US chassis spears, be very questionable if both back doors have them and the VIN still starts with "W".

#515 ·
It is from Seattle WA but it is not rebuildable in that state, i have been rebuilding cars for 20 years and that is beyond repair, if the front end would be good then you can drill out the front clip and marry it to a different chassy, it has a sim seal in front of the driver seat, but even that would be quite a bit of work.

#516 ·
If done honestly. My thought is more in the criminal area where they buy the wreck and get a stolen Red RS or a cheap Red ST and then move the vin/parts/tags from the wrecked on to the new body. Carfax has really helped in reducing such crimes, but not stopped them all together.

I knew of a local 68 Camaro that for some reason has 67 doors and title with it for sale on a shady local used car lot last year. After questioning him on this it was pointing to the tag on the door and saying that matches it a 67. When I asked him to pop the hood so I could look there he got really rude and said "If your not buying, no." Unless the work was very through I'm sure I would have found the 68 VIN under hood or in a couple other areas my friend with a real 67 had shown me. If I didn't find the 68 VIN I would have found lots of repair work where they used a clean 68 for the source car. But they were asking unwrecked 67 Camaro price for it, that was clearly not what they had.

#517 ·
#518 ·
From Hartford, CT:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Ford motor company Alloy wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Parking
Text Font Signage Number Car