Ford Focus RS Forum banner

What did you do to your FoRS today?

2M views 6K replies 610 participants last post by  Martin y 
#1 ·
I've been anxiously waiting for more FoRS's to make in on the road before starting this thread. It's time to show us what you're done: ie.. added, modified, got your hands dirty or want to show off some new wheels or fixed something minor, hopefully nothing too catastrophic. Photos are a BIG plus! So here's the first mention of what have I done to my FoRS today.

This weekend I ordered an oil analysis for Dewey from Blackstone Labs:

Blackstone's standard analysis will tell you what you need to know about the condition of your engine and how it's wearing. The standard analysis costs $28.00 and includes the following:

Spectral Exam: Establishes the levels of wear metals, silicon, and additives present in the oil. Also checks for coolant.

Viscosity: Determines the grade of oil.

Insolubles: Quantifies the percentage of solids present in the oil.

Flashpoint: The flashpoint is the temperature at which the vapors from the oil ignite. When the flash is lower than it should be, it shows a contaminant (usually fuel) is present.

Standard Analysis

I'll be saving a sample for the kit when I do a 500 mile oil change. I only need to collect at least 2.5 oz to do all of the Blackstone tests and then mail back the kit for analysis.

See less See more
#2,011 ·
Finished installing the Ground Control coilover kit I picked up from @chumpracerj and added a little rep for my local SCCA.

Auto part Suspension Machine Suspension part Coil spring
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback Mid-size car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Ford

#2,015 ·
Installed new shift knob.

Oh...also got the P050A CEL...34K miles.

Attachments

#2,019 ·
Really digging the shift knob! Where did you get it from?

#2,020 ·
#2,018 ·
#2,021 ·
Thanks!

#2,023 ·
I got the same one, but for it from the parts.ford.com. had a coupon code, ended up like $90.

A member just sold theirs for $80.

It matches the CF on my LE really well.

#2,030 ·
A great metamorphosis...
:thumbsup:

#2,032 ·
Managed to get a half day at work today, so spent the time washing the car. Last few washes I could tell there was no wax or sealant on the paint. So did the normal wash, then brushed the door jams/hatch, shampoo’d the engine bay. Did a full clay bar with instant detailer. At this point it’s been about 3.5 hours. Chose not to do a machine polish today as I’m beat. Just did a quick hand wax and skipped the interior clean. Will do before Sunday though. Paint has a lot of chips and the front bumper is peppered like mad. Guess I’ll call it patina ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, because apparently I can’t wait to get a VI

#2,039 ·
Did you pair that with a dash cam Li battery at all? It’ll drain your battery even with auto shut off. The ford OE does not like a slow trickle draw....

#2,047 ·
Finally got my Flow designs kit install
Very nice! I see you set the splitter extension and all winglets all the way out or close to all the way out! The extensions look much further out than mine which I set to the minimum protrusion position. It’s great how you can adjust to your personal preference with their design and have the option of using the winglets or not, so much different configurations in the end.

If you want to take their brand stickers off at some point they come off really easily. Would take the redundancy out with the brand also engraved on the winglets.

#2,053 · (Edited)
Finished buttoning up the interior upgrade from yesterday. The wheel was cake compared to the shifter. Took a long time to adjust to where the shifter was feeling ok (I feel like I'm still at 80% but I'm ready to drive the thing). Took lots of planning and trimming and destroying the reverse lock-out to get the panels and shifter boot on. Very happy on how it turned out.

I call it "classy racecar" [emoji1787]