Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Snow Plow

5K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  Malakaone 
#1 ·
The wife plowed our road on her way home this evening.

Land vehicle Snow Vehicle Car Automotive tire

See less See more
#15 ·
And the stability control likes to kill the power on new snow tires because it can't tell the difference between actual rotation and squishy tires on dry pavement. It gets better as the tires wear, but I really do wonder how much winter testing ford actually did on this car.
I assume you are talking on dry roads with snow tires on the car, as I have noticed this annoying feature also. I could be cruising down the highway at 60mph, hit a very gentle curve at 1/3 throttle, and the TC light starts blinking and I can feel the TC kicking on. Again, this is only with my Hakka snow tires on the car, not the PSS. Very unsettling. My solution has been to turn off TC (not all the way, just hit the button, don’t hold the button) in the winter, or to drive in Track mode with normal dampers (same thing?). Since I’ve done that no more issues in the dry with snow tires on.

Reactions: flyingcesar
#19 ·
I assume you are talking on dry roads with snow tires on the car, as I have noticed this annoying feature also. I could be cruising down the highway at 60mph, hit a very gentle curve at 1/3 throttle, and the TC light starts blinking and I can feel the TC kicking on. Again, this is only with my Hakka snow tires on the car
Probably why Ford included performance winter tires in the Winter Wheel and Tire Package. Not as squishy.

#12 ·
Brilliant video.
And yet we discover that the RS can not only be used to herd the sheep it now acts as snow plower.

Is there anything else the RS cannot do?

#17 ·
I to had the same traction control problem with snow tires. At first it took me a little while to figure it out. I thought something was wrong with the tires so I made sure they were all at correct PSI. Then I punched it and found out that the nanny was just way to much nanny. Pushed the button for less nanny and it works out ok now on dry road with winter tires.

#25 ·
@Berck what area of CO if you don't mind sharing. I living in Aurora from 89-93.

I still find it funny that both RSs sold at a dealer near the coast of NC sold them with the winter package. I remember you had your winters put on for when you picked it up.

#22 ·
Drove all Winter in some heavy snow. I put my car up on a lift to check my undertray and there is zero signs of wear and tear.
My guesses are.....that the snow was light enough it was not an issue, or since I parked in the garage or hosed the car off, the snow, did not have enough time to build up weight?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.