Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Mountune Grand Opening...Who's Going??

27K views 190 replies 52 participants last post by  Zeroescence 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#75 ·
Ken also mentioned that there will be different options for the intake piping depending on if you are keeping the stock turbo or upgrading (also mentioned that they already have stuff in the works for that), and that the cat back exhaust will retain the exhaust valve (they sourced the same part Ford uses and are putting it on theirs).

Reactions: KingZee
#84 ·
Let me check the local webcams.

#79 ·
Mountune are not about winding up turbos and going for peak power figures for bar bragging.

Let me put it this way. Manufacturers will have a tolerance level for the parts of the standard car. For arguments sake, let's call it 80%. Mountune will take things to 90% but traditionally with genuine gains in real world driving (think torque curves rather than peaky power curves).

Not cheap, and you will likely have to spend far too much time trying to explain to your friends why you spent so much money for so little gains, but those that use their products rate them very highly, as do the motoring press

#83 ·
I'll let the early adaptors try it first. I get a bit worried when they are talking about a CAI and cat-back being required for the Stage 1 tune. Typically a CAI and cat-back are worth almost no gains. I'm not sure I want to replace the exhaust anyway, as I expect that will remove having multiple exhaust settings. I like the idea of having the quiet normal mode around my neighborhood.

#87 ·
Mountune RS at the grand opening! XD

I just got back from the grand opening of Mountune USA and let me say, that place is reaaally cool! If they can have something I can get installed and keep my warranty by the time the car gets here I'll do it the moment I get back in CA from picking it up in TX! Anyway, enjoy some pictures :) If anyone else has pictures from Mountune, post them here too! I was the guy in the red Mazdaspeed3! Which stuck out like a sore thumb because it was the only non-Ford car there haha.. it was about 95% Focus ST, a Fiesta, and a Mustang haha.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle White
Alloy wheel Tire Rim Automotive tire Wheel
Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper
Auto part Vehicle Automotive exhaust Exhaust system Pipe
Vehicle Car Engine Auto part Mid-size car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Motor vehicle

#89 ·
I was the guy in the red Mazdaspeed3! Which stuck out like a sore thumb because it was the only non-Ford car there haha.. it was about 95% Focus ST, a Fiesta, and a Mustang
You're still a cousin, not an outsider given the Ford/Mazda history.

#88 ·
So Mountune will just resell a relabeled Cobb tune? Or are you just saying it is the Cobb OBDII programmer with a "canned" tune from Mountune? I'd be happy to pay $500 or whatever for a programmer with a canned tune that is warranty friendly. I'm new to the modern Ford tuning world.

Reactions: Ex-STi
#92 ·
It'll be a little more than that if past products are any indication. And you'll likely need a few extra pieces. With the MP275 ST tune, that included a new IC, but the RS IC is so effecient it may not be the case with the RS. You also needed to purchase their Crossover Pipe. Check out their website. It's very cool.

#94 ·
Merged threads,

Besides @KingZee needs some photography competition since he bought a new camera.

#96 ·
Lol you're on fire today...not a new camera, but I did get some decent shots I think...will post later tonight when I'm home.

It was great meeting you guys @eltacho @VegasChef looking forward to more meets when we get our cars. Seeing the FW in person gave me all the reassurance I needed that I picked the right color for me. I am going to lose my mind the rest of the way waiting for this car.

#97 ·
OK, no one said anything about the tacos!!!!!!!

Sent from Hoonigan's iWatch using Tapatalk

#105 ·
Sounds good to me.

#108 · (Edited)
Drool factor - max
I have a feeling just removing the cooling plate from front, will unleash the beast within....
Thnx to those who uploaded the pics. :)

The exhaust note will be interesting with the cat back. Did they turn it on and how did it sound?

#109 · (Edited)
The exhaust note will be interesting with the cat back. Did they turn it on and how did it sound?
They did turn it on briefly, I caught video of it when it was idling and slightly revving while warming up. If you guys want to see it, I can link it somewhere but its nothing we haven't already seen. As far as when he did actually rev it, it was only once and it's the stock exhaust so again, nothing new there.

EDIT: Here's the vid.

Reactions: Bobsaito and Paolo
#110 · (Edited)
Thnx Josh--- legend :)
Sound slightly different. Revs faster from that single rev compared to stock???

Anyone else hear it @16s?
Less drone sound..

#113 ·
Anyone ask how many cells are with the DP? 200 or 400?

#114 ·
@KingZee

See if you can sneak out a Mountune badge for me. I need a hatch badge for my FoST.

#117 · (Edited)
Also, so awesome. Dave Mountain founder of Mountune were talking everything RS related and he asked me what I brought today. I said my Ford Raptor, he was like really?!? He asked can we go check it out? I said actually if you want to drive it I'd be honored to let you. He said HELL yea!

Said he was super excited about diving it. His words were this is a BEAST!

Dave Mountain, Kevin Finn and I after we got back from Dave tearing it up in my Raptor. Dave is handing me his phone cause he wanted me to take a pic of him and Kevin infront of the Raptor.

Such an awesome day and event.

#122 ·
Also, so awesome. Dave Mountain founder of Mountune we talking everything RS related and he asked me what I brought today. I said my Ford Raptor, he was like really?!? He asked can we go check it out? I said actually if you want to drive it I'd be honored to let you. He said HELL yea!

Said he was super excited about diving it. His words were this is a BEAST!

View attachment 7390

Dave Mauntain, Kevin Finn and I after we got back from Dave tearing it up in my Raptor.
View attachment 7389

Such an awesome day and event.
Did you ask to drive the RS in turn? ��

Reactions: Zeroescence
#119 ·
Who took this photo?

Reactions: DeltaT
#120 ·
Oh my gosh..
My wallet is going to be in pain the next few years..
Probably will use the mountune alloys with super cup for Street use and forged with super cup 2 for track...

#121 ·
So the wheels are 1/2" wider, poking, looks even to be a whole inch poking. They don't look as flush as the stock forged. Maybe that's not the actual representation or offset?

#123 ·
@Zeroescence

If you're still there ask Ken if he recognizes this photo from Ford Nationals.

Underneath the Ford Performance tent.

#125 ·
I wish I was still there, but I'm already home. Sorry my friend.

Did you ask to drive the RS in turn? ��
Maybe if it was a job 1 car, but it was a pre production vehicle and Ford said no one is allowed in it from the general public. :-(

#126 ·
Also for some reason they couldn't get the car to switch to sport mode. Ken thought it might be because it was basically running on fumes.

#127 ·
Blame it on the 91 octane fuel. Haha!

#128 · (Edited)
It was definitely a cool event, I mean... who doesn't like free food, car parts and meeting new people?! (oh yeah, and the RS <3)
Got to meet @ccko and @KingZee and I guess I missed a few of the others since I got there a little past noon.

Here are some of the pictures I took and a video of the one I got to see them turn it ON and rev it a few times (sorry for the shaky cam!) :
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B__e74DuZd0eOVF5d2NUOUtnYkE&usp=sharing

#130 ·
Definitely different sounding exhaust note..

#137 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.