Ford Focus RS Forum banner

My car is at the dealer!!!

39K views 186 replies 88 participants last post by  KozMQZ 
#1 · (Edited)
just got a call that the car has arrived at the dealer. Hoping to pick it up tonight.

Will keep every one posted on how it goes!

EDIT:

will post dealer after i pick it up at MSRP (hopefully). Dont want people driving by or out bidding me.

Special requests were:

no drilling of the front bumper (they agreed)
no washing (they agreed)
no driving except by senior tech with sales manager in the car. (they agreed to the senior tech only)
park it off the front lot (they agreed)
no pictures (they agreed)
no putting gas in it (they agreed)

just got off the phone (2:16pm PST), i will be picking it up tonight. Will post pictures after i get to enjoy it a bit.

EDIT :

i got the car!!!!! at MSRP from Encinitas Ford, they hooked it up and treated me 1st class definitely 5 star.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback Alloy wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Headlamp
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Ford Rim
Land vehicle Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Ford
Blue Font Electric blue Logo Car

Bag Fashion accessory Material property Technology Handbag

couple things first off, they did not drill the bumper so that was nice. They did not wash the car at my request and they let me drive it to put the gas in with there gas card (big reason here was to prevent people from driving it)

car had 10 miles on it.

Stealth grey looks way better in person then any of the pictures i have seen on the internet, very happy with the new unique color.

First driving impressions pulling out of the dealership, sounds badass, turning radius is **** (this will take getting used too)

didn't push it too hard but put it through some sweepers at speeds faster then i should have, thing is a champ, easily best car iv driven handling wise (VW GTI, e46 m3, coilover civic SI). Pulls from 60 to 80 like a beast, was gentle in first and second as the clutch and driveline are breaking in.

Ill look for questions and update tomorrow with more info tomorrow

EDIT:

I did not get any gifts from the dealer.

I will be getting opti coat + put on, on Monday. Quoted for $1299.

please see this post for new updates: http://www.focusrs.org/forum/9-focus-rs-discussions/3789-150-miles-150-smiles-my-first-account-rs.html

See less See more
#2 ·
Fantastic

Reactions: skip
#4 ·
Nice! This is pretty how I will imagine you leaving the dealer in the RS if you do pick it up tonight.

and would you look at that... its still Spring. :rolleyes:

#7 ·
just got a call that the car has arrived at the dealer. Hoping to pick it up tonight.

Will keep every one posted on how it goes!
Details my friend! Which dealership? Congrats!

#9 ·
#12 ·
@Alltak8 make sure you remind the dealer to not install the front plate bracket! (unless you don't mind)

#19 ·
While they technically are - dealers aren't required to install the plate bracket prior to leaving the dealership.

"Oh I'm sorry officer, I didn't have anywhere to mount my front plate - please forgive me, I'll get it fixed right away!" or something like that. :)

Plus its only a fix it ticket - so if they ticket you for it, put it on and get the ticket signed off - doesn't affect your record.

#24 ·
#34 ·
You lucky MFer! I'm all flavors of Jelly right now... I'm even peanut butter and jealous! Congrats again!

#32 ·
Remove San Diego from your post because that kinda narrows it down a little for people.

#35 ·
Live stream his first drive you say? :)

#36 ·
Yeah man.... make this go viral! Real time vid! :D

Reactions: j0shm1lls
#38 ·
Congrats. Just curious, what was the total time elapsed from your build date to delivery?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.