Focus RS Track Edition - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

Focus RS Track Edition

This is a discussion on Focus RS Track Edition within the Focus RS Builds forums, part of the Focus RS Garage category; Alright, we got the new wheels test fitted, the wiper motors fixed, and tightened up a loose sway bar link. Here are some pics of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Focus RS Track Edition

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Alright, we got the new wheels test fitted, the wiper motors fixed, and tightened up a loose sway bar link. Here are some pics of the MCS' on the car!

Let's ignore the sloppy spray paint job on the strut bar, if ya don't mind!

Maximum caster baby!

Thanks to @Hank sRS for the sway bar link bracket design! His blog was a big help during all of this.

Camber adjustment is in a great spot! /s

Ambit RS18 18x9.5s w/ 265/35 RE71Rs. Will get proper alignment Thursday.

Here's what happened to BOTH!!! wiper motors. Glob of weld fixed it. Those things are dumb.

Thanks!
    Hank and Madokami like this.
    ETS Intake + Ram Air
    Whiteline FSB + RSB
    MCS TT1 600/650#s
    AWE Track Exhaust

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I have run 2 autocross events now with this setup. The tires don't rub! I'm aligned at 2.8/2.0 camber and 7 degrees of caster. Zero toe.

So let's write up a little review of the MCS setup. In short, I can't imagine anything better. This setup has completed and justified the car to me. The drivetrain works better, the turn in is better, the weight of the car has been lifted. I can't give you any comparisons to anything other than stock. I have never been in a car like this before. I haven't tried any other suspension setups. I have never done autocross before this car. So I can't tell you what it's like in comparison to another kit. What I can tell you is that the car eats bumps. You'll feel it, you'll know it's there, but the car doesn't care. Power delivery doesn't care. I had the latest revision stock dampers and the sport suspension setting was still unusable. Soft was okay. This setup runs almost triple the spring rate and it feels like a Cadillac in comparison.

The turn in is not only better, I can give more steering angle than before and itll keep turning. With the rear bar and the rear springs, and the planted and controlled front, the back end feels like it puts down so much more power and the pushy FWD nature of the car vanished. I run it in track mode too. I'm so stupidly impressed by what the car has become now. This is everything I hoped for out of this car. Really, I dont see the need to go further until I get $10k for a built motor.

I have adjustable rear links that came in and the RAM air. I'll get those installed and a proper corner balance and then this build is most likely done. Maybe I'll dyno tune it one day, but I'm not super convinced in this engines ability to get more than stock power reliably. And, theoretically, I should still have my warranty! What a great car.
    ETS Intake + Ram Air
    Whiteline FSB + RSB
    MCS TT1 600/650#s
    AWE Track Exhaust

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The BIG MOUTH has been put on, that finishes the intake system. Looks awesome!

Name:  57209193_824862274579134_2364950860242354176_n.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  754.1 KB

Name:  57155149_590034088143666_6735242618369736704_n.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  700.3 KB

The Steeda rear links are sitting here too. Debating on how to go about the battery situation. Leave stock and never worry about electronics, go Grimmspeed? Do it custom?

Also, I realized that I could also use more motor mounts, maybe. Probably. So I'll add that to the list.
    Last edited by Rathion; 04-22-2019 at 03:01 PM.
    MorningZ likes this.
    ETS Intake + Ram Air
    Whiteline FSB + RSB
    MCS TT1 600/650#s
    AWE Track Exhaust

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors