Mountune V2 Catback - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

Mountune V2 Catback

This is a discussion on Mountune V2 Catback within the Parts Wanted forums, part of the Focus RS Marketplace category; @ BillY2KFRC yup no pops in normal mode. No valve and I have a valve defeat plug so no drive mode unavailable issues. However it ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Mountune V2 Catback

Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    @ BillY2KFRC yup no pops in normal mode. No valve and I have a valve defeat plug so no drive mode unavailable issues. However it is noticeably louder outside of the car on start up until it hits that step down to below 1k rpm. BUT even with a valve, the valve will still open on start up to help the cat warm up faster.....

V3 is nice as you can line up piping better but I wanted the least number of clamps and no valve. With the double slip and flanged type connection at the can it was exactly what I wanted. The COBB exhaust is sweet as well but it could technically be classified as a straight pipe and against the law where I live. Feel free to PM me with any more info you need.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stvjeep View Post
    @ BillY2KFRC yup no pops in normal mode. No valve and I have a valve defeat plug so no drive mode unavailable issues. However it is noticeably louder outside of the car on start up until it hits that step down to below 1k rpm. BUT even with a valve, the valve will still open on start up to help the cat warm up faster.....

V3 is nice as you can line up piping better but I wanted the least number of clamps and no valve. With the double slip and flanged type connection at the can it was exactly what I wanted. The COBB exhaust is sweet as well but it could technically be classified as a straight pipe and against the law where I live. Feel free to PM me with any more info you need.
    Thank you so much for all the advice. I think I'll call them next week and switch my order to the V2X. As long as it doesn't drone and I can still turn down the popping around town, I have zero need for the valve. This helped me so much!

All the best!
    2017 Ford Focus RS - White
    RS2 Package, Winter Wheel Package, Mountune B3

2019 Corvette ZR1 - Black
    ZTK, 7-speed Manual

Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    No highway drone for me. A bit when your very low in the rpms just rolling in 1st but the stock FENG simulated the same thing anyways. Also I think the UK makes a V3x also? No valve and a little extra adjustability. My V2x is slightly longer on one side right at the outlets but one only notices it if your at a certain angle to the bumper. I'm sure you'll enjoy the V2x, made the RS even more of a joy to drive! Sounds like a rally car now on WOT. 😎
    BillY2KFRC likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I did manage to get some pops today in normal mode but only when driving very aggressively. FYI. I barely ever drive in normal....

RS Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Not sure if everyone knows this , but you can stop the pops if you lightly keep your foot on the gas. The pops only come out when you release the gas pedal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors