The Best Waterless Carwashes - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

The Best Waterless Carwashes

This is a discussion on The Best Waterless Carwashes within the Focus RS Detailing forums, part of the Focus RS Garage category; Originally Posted by Hoonigan Just of note, I don't always agree with what's written/posted. I only list to get more reliable input from enthusiasts. So ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Best Waterless Carwashes

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoonigan View Post
    Just of note, I don't always agree with what's written/posted. I only list to get more reliable input from enthusiasts. So many products, just not enough reviews.
    Wasn't knocking you...more a dig towards C&D, they should stick to what they're good at...selling subscriptions to their magazine.
    '17 SHADOW BLACK RS2
    COBB apv3 MOUNTUNE intake |arv | charge pipe | roll restrictor | wastegate | fmic | custom tune STAINLESS WORKS ss catted dp | ss catback NGK LTR71X-II
    ENKEI nt03m 18x9.5 +40 MICHELIN pilot 4s 245/40/18 ARIES styleguard floormats COOLTECH front license plate mount ZL1ADDONS rockguards

RS Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    How do these not scratch the paint? Aren't fine dirt particles essentially rubbed across the paint as you wipe it off?

Also, how dirty is too dirty to use this stuff?

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skold View Post
    How do these not scratch the paint? Aren't fine dirt particles essentially rubbed across the paint as you wipe it off?

Also, how dirty is too dirty to use this stuff?

Thanks!
    The idea is that no, they don't. They have lubricants in them to prevent it. As long as you rotate your mf towel and keep the surface wet. I've had very good luck not scratching mine. I had some paint correction and ceramic coat done to mine and while 1 or 2 small scratches have showed up, the paint is staying very scratch/swirl free. (I switched from the Optimum No rinse to the CarPro Ech2o because the No Rinse seemed to streak for me)
    2016 Focus RS Shadow Black RS2

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    chemical guys works good. If car is super dirty, I typically do the traditional wash.

For chemical guys, no scratches, nice shine, easy to use. Still using the old version of chemical guys ecowash lol. I still got 2 bottles of concentrate lasts a long time hahaha....

Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I've been doing a combination of a traditional wash with a quick rinse then drying off, while the vehicle is still water wet, use the dry wash sprays to finish detailing and polishing.

Or a quick rinse then the "dry-wash spray" to detail and polish.

I have done flat out "dry-wash spray", but that's if I don't have time or I don't have water hose available [a.k.a hotel parking lot].

The trick is to have a bucket full of warm, mildly soapy water to keep the towel fibers soft and to pull the dirt off the towels.

Then I let the product create a "haze", I will have a fresh clean water with ultra soft microfiber towels moisten from the bucket to polish off the haze.

Lastly, use a dry towel to do the final touch up....

I've commented on this & posted a pic of the stuff I use... including making a "bastard" mix just because.... [See #13]

https://www.focusrs.org/forum/35-foc...ml#post2070097

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................

This is my method that I perfected since I first was introduced to the "dri-wash" concept back in the 90's in the 808 state.

DWG International™ - Manufacturer of Dri Wash 'n Guard®

https://www.amazon.com/Dri-Wash-Guar...s%2C200&sr=8-6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors