Aftermarket tail lights - Page 13
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

Aftermarket tail lights

This is a discussion on Aftermarket tail lights within the Focus RS Lighting forums, part of the Focus RS Garage category; Originally Posted by phillofoc That's exactly what I'm trying to do but turn the reflectors into rear fogs. What LEDs did you use, and how ...

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 131
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Aftermarket tail lights

  1. #121
    Supporting Member Barroux's Avatar
    Supporting Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Montréal North Shore
    Posts
    315
    Member #
    47514
    Liked
    141 times
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillofoc View Post

    That's exactly what I'm trying to do but turn the reflectors into rear fogs. What LEDs did you use, and how did you get the reflectors apart? Thanks!
    +1 also interested if you can share more details! Looks very well done good job!

    Can you also tell, are they more of a «*running light*» brigthtness or «*braking light*» bright?

    I’m also looking to add a rear fog setup but these would need to be as bright as the brake lights to actually be usefull as a rear fog! Otherwise they wont be visible from a distance in heavy snow which the main reason why I want the rear fog.

    Plus the recesses for the reflectors always tend to fill up with snow faster than the bottom of the diffuser where the euro fog is, probably due to where it is located vs the aerodynamic of the vehicule rear end.

    Anyhow I’m interested about more details this might change my plans for my rear fog project actually!

    Thanks

  2. #122
    RS Noob
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    3
    Member #
    47681
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, just wondering if you had any installation issues. I noticed on the MK3 focus website that there is an option for euro vs american spec but they're $100 more than the ones on ebay. So I emailed the guys on Ebay and they had no idea if there were any differences.

  3. #123
    RS Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    392
    Member #
    20065
    Liked
    80 times
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillofoc View Post
    That's exactly what I'm trying to do but turn the reflectors into rear fogs. What LEDs did you use, and how did you get the reflectors apart? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barroux View Post
    +1 also interested if you can share more details! Looks very well done good job!

    Can you also tell, are they more of a «*running light*» brigthtness or «*braking light*» bright?

    I’m also looking to add a rear fog setup but these would need to be as bright as the brake lights to actually be usefull as a rear fog! Otherwise they wont be visible from a distance in heavy snow which the main reason why I want the rear fog.

    Plus the recesses for the reflectors always tend to fill up with snow faster than the bottom of the diffuser where the euro fog is, probably due to where it is located vs the aerodynamic of the vehicule rear end.

    Anyhow I’m interested about more details this might change my plans for my rear fog project actually!

    Thanks
    I hate to break it for both of you guys but this was just my flash that did that BUT on a positive note, I also wanted to make these reflectors as LED’s.. so I found this guy on IG who did it. DIY job, which I have yet to do since I’m not too handy.
    If you guys inbox 1badsmurf_ on IG, he can provide you with a whole list of steps in order to make it.
    Sorry to disappoint


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements
     

  5. #124
    RS Specialist phillofoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    779
    Member #
    48721
    Liked
    244 times
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspooled View Post
    I hate to break it for both of you guys but this was just my flash that did that BUT on a positive note, I also wanted to make these reflectors as LED’s.. so I found this guy on IG who did it. DIY job, which I have yet to do since I’m not too handy.
    If you guys inbox 1badsmurf_ on IG, he can provide you with a whole list of steps in order to make it.
    Sorry to disappoint


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for getting me all excited!

    I bought reflectors and LED strips from ebay. Cracking open the reflectors isn't too hard, I soaked them in 91% isopropyl alcohol for a few hours and then ran a gift card along the seam between the transparent part and the opaque part. Ebay LED light strips fight perfectly in the gap left behind, I just have to drill some holes in the opaque part of the reflector to run the wires. Wiring them up to the brake lines isn't hard (just use some vampire taps) but the rear fogs part will be a little harder if I'm going to use the stock wiring and Euro switch (which is my goal).

    For anyone who has more free time than me, these are the strips that fit. The silicone on the wire side needed some trimming, but otherwise it'll fit
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-12-30CM-...V/351589839673

    I'm using 12" strips, but the entire space on the inside is about 16" if you want to go nuts
    Overspooled and VivaLaAnt like this.
    If you buy one, drive it hard. Because thrills like these don’t happen often.

  6. #125
    RS Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    392
    Member #
    20065
    Liked
    80 times
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillofoc View Post
    Thanks for getting me all excited!

    I bought reflectors and LED strips from ebay. Cracking open the reflectors isn't too hard, I soaked them in 91% isopropyl alcohol for a few hours and then ran a gift card along the seam between the transparent part and the opaque part. Ebay LED light strips fight perfectly in the gap left behind, I just have to drill some holes in the opaque part of the reflector to run the wires. Wiring them up to the brake lines isn't hard (just use some vampire taps) but the rear fogs part will be a little harder if I'm going to use the stock wiring and Euro switch (which is my goal).

    For anyone who has more free time than me, these are the strips that fit. The silicone on the wire side needed some trimming, but otherwise it'll fit
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-12-30CM-...V/351589839673

    I'm using 12" strips, but the entire space on the inside is about 16" if you want to go nuts
    Wow awesome!! Seems easier than the listed steps I was sent..
    Thanks!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #126
    RS Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    92
    Member #
    52490
    Liked
    16 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Satire View Post
    Hey, just wondering if you had any installation issues. I noticed on the MK3 focus website that there is an option for euro vs american spec but they're $100 more than the ones on ebay. So I emailed the guys on Ebay and they had no idea if there were any differences.
    I hope there aren't differences. I bought some from UK via ebay and have not installed them yet.

  8. #127
    Supporting Member Barroux's Avatar
    Supporting Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Montréal North Shore
    Posts
    315
    Member #
    47514
    Liked
    141 times
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillofoc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspooled View Post
    I hate to break it for both of you guys but this was just my flash that did that [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.focusrs.org/forum/images/smilies/frown.png[/IMG] BUT on a positive note, I also wanted to make these reflectors as LED’s.. so I found this guy on IG who did it. DIY job, which I have yet to do since I’m not too handy.
    If you guys inbox 1badsmurf_ on IG, he can provide you with a whole list of steps in order to make it.
    Sorry to disappoint[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.focusrs.org/forum/images/smilies/frown.png[/IMG]


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for getting me all excited!

    I bought reflectors and LED strips from ebay. Cracking open the reflectors isn't too hard, I soaked them in 91% isopropyl alcohol for a few hours and then ran a gift card along the seam between the transparent part and the opaque part. Ebay LED light strips fight perfectly in the gap left behind, I just have to drill some holes in the opaque part of the reflector to run the wires. Wiring them up to the brake lines isn't hard (just use some vampire taps) but the rear fogs part will be a little harder if I'm going to use the stock wiring and Euro switch (which is my goal).

    For anyone who has more free time than me, these are the strips that fit. The silicone on the wire side needed some trimming, but otherwise it'll fit
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-12-30CM-...V/351589839673

    I'm using 12" strips, but the entire space on the inside is about 16" if you want to go nuts
    Thanks to both of you for all the info! I’ll wait and see how bright those come out and might consider using them as rear fogs too, the euro diffuser I bought cheap on ebay does not seem like it will ever ship!!

    Hopefully someone figures out how to use the euro switch and wire the rear fogs to the bcm so the install is all integrated like factory stuff!

  9. #128
    RS Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    392
    Member #
    20065
    Liked
    80 times
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Sold the cherry red tails and got bright red ones to look more OEM.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stiletto and Paolo like this.

  10. #129
    Supporting Member Stiletto's Avatar
    Supporting Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    906
    Member #
    4882
    Liked
    461 times
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    @Overspooled got a link?

  11. #130
    RS Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    392
    Member #
    20065
    Liked
    80 times
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
    @Overspooled got a link?
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/LED-BAR-RUCK...8900%7Ciid%3A1


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stiletto likes this.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. The "Official" Tail of the Dragon Thread
    By Hoonigan in forum Focus RS Events
    Replies: 401
    Last Post: 05-14-2019, 09:02 AM

Search tags for this page

2016 ford focus rs loose passenger tail light
,

2016 ford focus st led tail lights

,
black taillights ford focus 2016
,
focus rs custom head lights
,

focus rs tail lights

,
focus rs tail lightys
,

focus rs taillights

,
focus st aftermarket tails
,

focus st tail lights

,

led tail light dead

,
protuninglab focus st tail lights forum
,
rear lights for a 2016 ford focus
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.