Euro Rear Fog Light Installation - Page 7
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

Euro Rear Fog Light Installation

This is a discussion on Euro Rear Fog Light Installation within the Focus RS Lighting forums, part of the Focus RS Garage category; You can select the mode here. Otherwise it's as simple as: Click the line with the option you want 02 in this case. Click the ...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Euro Rear Fog Light Installation

RS Senior Member
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    You can select the mode Name:  rKaoafI.png
Views: 28
Size:  22.3 KB here.

Otherwise it's as simple as:

Click the line with the option you want 02 in this case.
    Click the check.
    Click write.

Your reply has me excited!!! I bet this fixes it. I'm so confident, that I already ordered a switch!!!
    Last edited by jefferysanders; 04-04-2019 at 02:29 PM.
    ControlNode likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    129 times
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jefferysanders View Post
    Did you try just selecting it, hitting the checkmark, then just write the changes with the button below?
    Was going to edit my previous post I found it in a minute by a simple google search which lead me to a Forscan article!

I honestly didnt search that day and assumed I did not have access to this function!

I’ll try this over the week-end if I have some time to spend in the garage!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    129 times
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Your reply has me excited!!! I bet this fixes it. I'm so confident, that I already ordered a switch!!!
    I changed both of the fields for the rear fog tonight using Forscan. Made no difference at pin 10 from connector 2280B.

This pin has power all the time coming off of it, approx . 11V when not running and 14V when running. Using the rear fog button has no effect on the output either even after changing the settings in Forscan.

Maybe you bought the euro switch too fast! You seem to have more knowledge of forscan and wiring than I do, I sure hope you find the way to use the switch at some point! For now I guess I’ll stick with my added pushbutton switch on the steering column panel.

If you have other ideas let me know if it’s possible I’ll give it another try. I would prefer using the euro switch when/if someone figures it out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

RS Senior Member
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    According to diagrams the only other thing to check wiring wise is pin 5 gn/vt in the plug C205 is present as that connects to the BCM plug C2280C (60 pins) to pin 4 (Light Switch LIN BUS), which is very likely seeing as the IPC wouldn't illuminate if it wasn't at least getting the signals over that pin 4 lin bus wire, I will look for more things to try to change in the BCM and will work on it when I get the switch next week. The BCM itself is a different part number for EU cars also, this is something to investigate; so maybe it isn't pin 10 maybe it's another one.
    Last edited by jefferysanders; 04-06-2019 at 01:24 PM.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    129 times
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    check pin 5 gn/vt in the plug C205 is present as that connects to the BCM plug C2280C (60 pins) to pin 4 (Light Switch LIN BUS)
    Will verify that thanks.

Is C205 the light switch connector?

This would be similar to what they do on the fusions to enable the rear fog. They need to run a wire from the switch connector to the bcm for their switch to work.
    Last edited by Barroux; 04-06-2019 at 01:10 PM.

RS Senior Member
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    c205 is the light switch connector

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    129 times
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The BCM itself is a different part number for EU cars also, this is something to investigate; so maybe it isn't pin 10 maybe it's another one.
    Yeah definitely lots of empty pins So this could be another possibility!

Thanks for confirming that! Will check tonight the switch connector is easily accessible.

When you get yours and start looking at the bcm I recommend you take the glove box out for a while, makes like much easier, I didn’t do it yesterday when looking back at pin 10 and more contorsion was required!
    Last edited by Barroux; 04-06-2019 at 02:20 PM.
    jefferysanders likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    129 times
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Just got back home and checked connector C205. The light switch connector C205 has three wires:
    - Pin 1 red wire
    - Pin 5 green/violet wire
    - Pin 7 black wire

It’s probably safe to assume the green/violet wire is routed to bcm connector C2280C pin 4 since the rear fog annunciator in the dash is working. Wouldn't this mean the bcm is receiving the command to turn the rear fog on properly?

If the euro rs have a different bcm I hope ours is still compatible with this function. I hope you figure it out when you get your euro switch! I dont really mind the dedicated switch I added but I would prefer making use of the OE switch and use the dash annunciator when turned on.
    jefferysanders likes this.

RS Senior Member
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Any DTCs in forscan from making that change? (rear foglight missing) Are you 100% sure it took the changes to the BCM? (went back into the BCM with forscan and it was changed)

If so, With everything that's known, here's the possibilities I came up. **The BCM is supposed to stay hot, the hatch circuit stays hot until the switch pulls it to ground, so PIN 10 being that way means either:

A. BCM (possible) still needs some changes to turn off trunk switch bcm relay as somehow that buttons address is bug and/or enable the pin 10 fog switch BCM relay, @Barroux

B. BCM (possible) itself isn't compatible and doesn't have the relay at pin 10 or yours is defective. ---They look and seem similar enough, but I'll ask someone with more parts knowledge since H and J are major revisions.
    Name:  A8uJMKl.png
Views: 20
Size:  49.4 KB
    1.GV6T-14A073-H(B or above) = EU/UK module
    2.GV6T-14A073-J(C or above) = US

C. Fuses (unlikely) Name:  1NYiaY1.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  95.8 KB
    You can see there is 1 15 AMP fuse that is different... which is F68 15A Electric steering column lock...

D.Wrong Switch
    Sends some, but not all of the correct info back across the LIN, the tag to actually switch the relay is wrong, but the part tagged to switch the ipc is correct.
    Last edited by jefferysanders; 04-07-2019 at 11:37 AM.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    129 times
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    That’s weird my post from yesterday evening disappeared! And so did some other posts I saw in other threads yesterday!

Anyhow I checked the light switch connector and it has three wires including the green/violet wire at pin 5 (if I remember correctly they are as follows):
    - Pin 1: red wire
    - Pin 5: green/violet wire
    - Pin 7: black wire

@jefferysanders there were no DTC in Forscan after making the change.

I hope you can figure it out when you receive your euro switch. The fact our bcm is different might not be such good news though! Or maybe we just need another small change to be made somewhere in Forscan. The fact that the rear fog annunciator works with the switch is still making me hope someone figures it out at some point.

Thanks again for your help!
    Last edited by Barroux; 04-07-2019 at 11:13 AM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors