Unofficial Sync 3 3.0 update - Page 27
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

Unofficial Sync 3 3.0 update

This is a discussion on Unofficial Sync 3 3.0 update within the Focus RS Electronics forums, part of the Focus RS Garage category; Originally Posted by EvanRyan Exactly what problems were you having that made you take it into the dealer? I ask because my sync has become ...

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 280
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Unofficial Sync 3 3.0 update

  1. #261
    RS Specialist
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    New York State
    Posts
    703
    Member #
    1680
    Liked
    193 times
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanRyan View Post
    Exactly what problems were you having that made you take it into the dealer?

    I ask because my sync has become super laggy(from 30 seconds to over a minute to respond to an input on the screen) and tends to freeze or lose features completely until the vehicle is shut off then restarted. The other day GPS wouldn't load at all. I've tried many master resets, but the problem is still there.
    I was trying to update from 2.2 to 3.0 and every time I would run the update it would die about 5 minutes in with a simple message and an error code "ERR_MEM003." There are a bunch of workarounds online that revolve around installing the update piece-meal, but none of those worked. Ultimately I figured this should not my problem to deal with. Yours sounds like a problem though! I'd definitely take it in and describe what's going on. They can't possibly think it's normal!
    Shadow Black / Moonroof / Forged Wheels
    Ordered: 10/08
    Build date: 30.04
    Delivered: 6/16
    Hidden Content

  2. #262
    RS Specialist EsotericRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,367
    Member #
    2036
    Liked
    749 times
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Exact same issue I was having so in the end I said F it and just stuck with the 2.2 version. I mean 2.2 works without any hiccups for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by braap View Post
    I was trying to update from 2.2 to 3.0 and every time I would run the update it would die about 5 minutes in with a simple message and an error code "ERR_MEM003." There are a bunch of workarounds online that revolve around installing the update piece-meal, but none of those worked. Ultimately I figured this should not my problem to deal with. Yours sounds like a problem though! I'd definitely take it in and describe what's going on. They can't possibly think it's normal!

  3. #263
    RS Senior Member jumperalex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Northern Virginia, Inside the Beltway
    Posts
    240
    Member #
    32385
    Liked
    75 times
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    FWIW, updated my 2017 Nav unit without issue.
    nanotech likes this.
    2017 Ford Focus NB RS2 || 2010 EVO X SE #139 || 2003 EVO VIII GSR || 1997 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (RIP) || 1993 Mazda MX-3 V6 || 1985 Mitsubishi Galant
    2018 Kia Sportage SX || 2001 Acura MDX || 2003 Dodge Dakota SXT || 198? Mazda RX7 || 198? Honda CRX (RIP)
    2002 Yamaha R6 || 198? Honda CBR 600 || 198? Yamaha FZR 600

  4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements
     

  5. #264
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Kitchener, ON, CA
    Posts
    41
    Member #
    46913
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nanotech View Post
    Installed on my 2017 nav (Canadian), seems to have worked a charm. Android Auto seems to load MUCH faster, but I will need a day or two to verify for certain. Will see if anything else crops up. Looks like a solid build though!!!
    Back to reality - AA still slow to load in general, maybe slightly faster. No issues with functionality. Play resume of music might work a bit better. Otherwise not a big change.
    17 Stealth GrEy Canuck Package. Just rotors, pads, and tires for now...

    Past:
    08 135i with light track mods
    04 B6 A4 1.8T with some toys
    98 B5 A4 2.8
    99 Mustang GT 35th Anniversay
    Many VWs

  6. #265
    RS Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    10
    Member #
    55592
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Out of curiosity, where do these unoffical files tend originate from? And more specifically build 19119? I see the google drive link a few posts back. But the user that posted it, where did he get it from. Since the current published stable release is Build 18093 (wikipedia page or Ford Sync). I'm assuming only the latest stable release is what can be download from ford owner site. Since I'm on build 18093 and ford owner says I'm up to date. If these unofficial releases don't come from Ford Owner website, where do they come from?

  7. #266
    RS Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greenwich, CT
    Posts
    16
    Member #
    31514
    Liked
    7 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalianStallion View Post
    Out of curiosity, where do these unoffical files tend originate from? And more specifically build 19119? I see the google drive link a few posts back. But the user that posted it, where did he get it from. Since the current published stable release is Build 18093 (wikipedia page or Ford Sync). I'm assuming only the latest stable release is what can be download from ford owner site. Since I'm on build 18093 and ford owner says I'm up to date. If these unofficial releases don't come from Ford Owner website, where do they come from?
    I found a comprehensive posting of Sync packages here. Use Google translate to convert from Russian.

    http://ffclub.ru/post/18683966/
    MemzRS likes this.
    2018 Focus RS NB

  8. #267
    RS Rookie MemzRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    14
    Member #
    50954
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vtraveler View Post
    I found a comprehensive posting of Sync packages here. Use Google translate to convert from Russian.

    http://ffclub.ru/post/18683966/
    Absolute legend, thanks for that.

  9. #268
    RS Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    292
    Member #
    1354
    Liked
    143 times
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Beware,
    19119 did not upgrade properly on my 2016 NAV. The upgrading and complete "remove usb" messages were all normal, but after shutdown and restart, Black Screen only after RS splash screen.
    Tried the previously posted, upgrade in the blind wait 45 minutes running, then shutdown for 30 minutes, no improvement.
    Tried reset sync, pwr/right seek, no effect.
    Tried battery disconnect, no effect.

    Update,
    Got back to normal screen by using 18025 to downgrade, blind update.
    Last edited by daverup; 06-05-2019 at 05:23 AM.

  10. #269
    RS Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Puyallup, WA
    Posts
    184
    Member #
    42249
    Liked
    35 times
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xd-data-ii View Post
    v19119 fixes the speed values the sync system passes to the Carplay API. And Carplay loads faster.
    The Ford GT theme is also missing now (from the test menu at least).
    Just to clarify before I take the leap, is this update just unzip to root and plug into car? I've got the build18093 on my 2018 with Nav and I remember there being more of a process for 2.2 to the 3.0. I may need to go back and read this thread from the beginning again.

    Thanks for any hints out there.
    Last edited by turbojr74; 06-05-2019 at 08:09 AM.

  11. #270
    Supporting Member Madokami's Avatar
    Supporting Member

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,173
    Member #
    30122
    Liked
    514 times
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Did you ever use the leaked 2.2 "downgrade"? If I remember correctly, every build of Sync was slightly different depending on what updates were previously installed, and Ford had to make several variations of the same build for cars and it was a cluster**** in general.

    I had previously used the 2.2 downgrade to get a clean "standard" version and then used the subsequent unofficial builds to move through the builds of 3.0.

    Quote Originally Posted by daverup View Post
    Beware,
    19119 did not upgrade properly on my 2016 NAV. The upgrading and complete "remove usb" messages were all normal, but after shutdown and restart, Black Screen only after RS splash screen.
    Tried the previously posted, upgrade in the blind wait 45 minutes running, then shutdown for 30 minutes, no improvement.
    Tried reset sync, pwr/right seek, no effect.
    Tried battery disconnect, no effect.

    Update,
    Got back to normal screen by using 18025 to downgrade, blind update.
    That's right.

    Quote Originally Posted by turbojr74 View Post
    Just to clarify before I take the leap, is this update just unzip to root and plug into car? I've got the build18093 on my 2018 with Nav and I remember there being more of a process for 2.2 to the 3.0. I may need to go back and read this thread from the beginning again.

    Thanks for any hints out there.
    turbojr74 likes this.
    Frost White RS is best RS.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Unofficial Update- Sync3 v2.2 with Android Auto and Apple*Car Play
    By mcrcracer in forum Focus RS Electronics
    Replies: 850
    Last Post: 04-13-2018, 03:05 PM
  2. Update from Sync 1 to Sync 2.2
    By Shadowfox in forum Focus RS Electronics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-15-2017, 03:58 PM
  3. 2017 Sync 3 2.0 Update to 2.2
    By Grimlock in forum Focus RS Electronics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-19-2017, 09:18 PM
  4. Android Auto Sync Update
    By siverbullitt in forum Focus RS Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-08-2016, 12:14 PM
  5. iOS 10 Update and Sync 3
    By Raider615 in forum Focus RS Electronics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-14-2016, 09:23 AM

Search tags for this page

focus rs sync 3 update
,

ford sync 3 latest version

,
ford sync 3 update
,
ford sync 3 update download
,
gb5t upgrade
,
jr3t-14g381-am download
,
latest sync 3 software version
,
sync 3 error code mem err03
,

sync 3 update

,

sync 3 update download

,
sync 3 updates
,
what are the changes in synch ver 3
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.