Hello! New owner of a 2017 white RS
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

This is a discussion on Hello! New owner of a 2017 white RS within the Introductions forums, part of the Site News category; I picked up my RS on Monday a 2017 , with 50,000 miles. The head gasket has been replaced by ford, it has a Cobb ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Hello! New owner of a 2017 white RS

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I picked up my RS on Monday a 2017 , with 50,000 miles. The head gasket has been replaced by ford, it has a Cobb composite cold air intake kit, and after market exhaust. I dunno if it is a full exhaust or just a slip on yet. It is at the dealership already for a check engine light that posted on my test drive. I had the selling dealership check the code ,and wanted them to fix it. They checked it , and i was told it was fixed. But i am pretty sure it was just wiped and not fixed. So it came back on the next day. I got the code it was a 300 code and a couple others that i can't recall right now. The paper they are written on is in the car at the Ford dealer. I got no list of mods from the used car salesman, because they were not informed of any. They had no idea what an RS was until this sale.. So hello everyone ! I am prob gonna be asking a ton of questions. First off , will a Cobb cold air throw a check engine, and same question for a slip on exhaust?

Squirrel

Member #
    Liked
    726 times
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    my guess is whoever forgot to plug in the sensor into the intake pipe, or a tune was removed with an aftermarket downpipe

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrely_1 View Post
    Squirrel
    2017 Frost White - RS2 - Built 11/15/2016

Moonroof - Forged Wheels /w PSS - Mountune V2X Exhaust - CP-E Intake (White) - Revo SSC - NBStyling Hood Lift
    Mountune Sport Springs - Mountune Re-Circ Valve - Mountune Breather Plate - Rally Armor Mud Flaps (Blue)
    Steeda Jack Rails - Perrin Shorty Antenna - Breedt Quick Shift Arm - Tran and Cable Bushings by Aracheon
    Whiteline F/R Sway Bar - Anarchy-Motive Snowball Shift Knob - ADF Customs Skid Plate (White) - Dual Radium Catch Cans

Member #
    Liked
    566 times
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Welcome and Congrats!!! I would guess the exhaust would be at least a cat-back. Any name etched on the exhaust tips? When you get it back make sure you give it a good look over and under. Good luck with the codes. And enjoy the heck out of her. Post up some pics when you can.
    MY16 SG RS1 PSS with STD Wheels Build #2129
    Ordered 08Dec2015 - Built 04April2016 - Delivered 06June2016
    "It's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is the Cobb cold air kit thats installed. Do you have to tune the car to have this perform properly ? Also will it throw a code if its installed without a tune?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    368 times
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Welcome!

Intake and exhaust mod on this car typically does not need a tune.
    2018 NB Focus RS LE
    2010 PB LanEvo X MR
    2006 GG LanEvo IX MR
    1992 MR Civic EG6
    2009 Sarao GT-K (k for Karabao)

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you for the reply nicklulu !

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1149 times
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    P0300 is a misfire code.... My first thought is "How good was the head gasket recall work?"
    Maybe share the other codes.
    2016 NB RS1 Forged w/ Cup 2s and Winter W&T Package

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrely_1 View Post
    I picked up my RS on Monday a 2017 , with 50,000 miles. The head gasket has been replaced by ford, it has a Cobb composite cold air intake kit, and after market exhaust. I dunno if it is a full exhaust or just a slip on yet. It is at the dealership already for a check engine light that posted on my test drive. I had the selling dealership check the code ,and wanted them to fix it. They checked it , and i was told it was fixed. But i am pretty sure it was just wiped and not fixed. So it came back on the next day. I got the code it was a 300 code and a couple others that i can't recall right now. The paper they are written on is in the car at the Ford dealer. I got no list of mods from the used car salesman, because they were not informed of any. They had no idea what an RS was until this sale.. So hello everyone ! I am prob gonna be asking a ton of questions. First off , will a Cobb cold air throw a check engine, and same question for a slip on exhaust?

Squirrel
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 60
Size:  21.8 KB. What? Where?

Welcome!
    nicklulu likes this.
    1989 Merkur XR4TI - Project car
    1997 Ranger - DD 220,000 miles and still going.
    1997 Ranger - Turbo 2.5 L, 86 SVO forged internals, lowered, TSW 18" rims, Race Orange. Hidden Content
    2003 F-150 - FX4, 200,000 miles.
    2016 Fiesta ST - Molten Orange, Bone stock.
    2017 Focus RS - Black, Bone stock - not for long.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Starting to get nervous. Car is still at the Ford dealers service center. I had to call for an update, they didn't call me. I was told they had 2 guys on it and couldn't figure out the problem. I asked what the problem was and they said they hadn't fully figured it out yet. Rep says to me, looks like someone has been in there before. No kidding! It had a head gasket replaced, and timing cover and seal! He seemed surprised at my responce. I May be dealing with a bunch of shotty maintainers..😵😣
    P.s I will share the codes when I go physically checkon the car tomorrow.

Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Man, not a good start to ownership... I would be cautious of keeping the car. Just based off what your new ownership is going like.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors