Potential RS owner
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

Potential RS owner

This is a discussion on Potential RS owner within the Introductions forums, part of the Site News category; Hello everyone, Just wanted to introduce myself and hear every ones arguments on why I should get and RS instead of a Fusion Sport or ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By SVTbuckeye11
  • 2 Post By GmpaJimj

Thread: Potential RS owner

RS Noob
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Potential RS owner

Hello everyone, Just wanted to introduce myself and hear every ones arguments on why I should get and RS instead of a Fusion Sport or a Mustang. I am married, hope to have kids soon, but the wife will be getting kid hauler.

I would like some practicality, but its not vital, hence the Mustang option. I also really want to stick with a manual, but in case the wife needs to drive it, the Fusion is a good sleeper option. I don't think I need to explain why a Mustang is a possibility .

I appreciate every ones input and have already started looking at the buying guides. Thanks!
    Paolo likes this.

RS Noob
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like the usable area in the hatch of the foci i've owned. I recently traded the ST in for an RS and I'll say that the 2.0L turbo engine in the Fusion is a lot of fun but the torque from the RS is crazy. If you're looking at newer mustangs then consider the 10 speed auto, its a ridiculous piece of hardware but the back seats really aren't all that usable.
    2016 Focus RS
    1988 Merkur XR4Ti
    2004 Honda CBR 1000rr

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Fusion Sport won't disappoint! Agile, good power, nicely appointed.
    A wolf in sheeps clothing. Unfortunately it kind of becomes a...car. The Mustang.. What can you say? There's a reason you see so many. But, check the leg room in the backseat.
    If I told you the cars I've owned in my 57 years of motoring, you would think I was smug. The RS outshines some pretty impressive marques. It isn't royally plush, women won't flirt at red lights, you'll get beat by a knuckle dragger in a Dodge. But you'll have the most fun in a car since prom night! Guaranteed!
    AustinStealth17 and Graybeard like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

RS Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you're looking for more straight line potential then go with the mustang (assuming you mean the GT and not the ecoboost). But if you're more of a corners guy (like myself) the RS is the way to go. You should be able to pick one up relatively cheap compared to new (~$30k). One other thing to consider is you'll see a million mustangs of all types on the road, but it's a rare sight to spot an RS - I like that novelty but that's just my opinion.

It all depends on what you want out of the car. Best of luck with whatever you decide!
    Dave Alonso

Daily Driver: 2017 Ford Focus RS - RS2 Package, Miltek Non-Resonated Catback, Project 6GR 19x9.5 et42 Wheels (Summer) / 19" Forged-Aluminum Wheels (Winter)
    Track Project: 1995 BMW E36 - OBDI S52 motor swap, Turner Conforti Performance Chip (for 21.5lb Injectors), 3.63 LSD, lightweight flywheel, and other goodies

RS Senior Member
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I hated the seats in the sport. Even the high end was blah. My neighbors 2.0 fusion seats were better. Also seemed like a car that would get boring pretty quick. Straight line fast in fwd biased awd cars doesn't raise the heart rate much until you see the flashing lights in your mirror.

I think the focus is super practical and i really like not diving the kid/ grocery getter as often as possible.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

RS Master
    Member #
    Liked
    116 times
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Main downside of the RS is the suspension. It is firm..very firm. It does not bother me that much but there are definitely times you wish you could put it in a "comfort mode" when you are on a road trip or on the highway.

I love most everything else about the car. It is quick, but its not "holy #$%$" quick if that is what you're looking for.
    NB RS1 Ordered 11/30/16. Built 3/16/2017. Delivered 5-25-17.
    Xpel PPF (partial) / Gtechniq Crystal Serum ceramic coating

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors