Focus RS splitter replacement (the easy way)
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

This is a discussion on Focus RS splitter replacement (the easy way) within the Focus RS Guides forums, part of the Focus RS Forums category; Greetings! I bumped a curb a while back and was just dealing with the scuff, but it was bothering me so I finally ordered a ...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 11 Post By cgb569

Thread: Focus RS splitter replacement (the easy way)

RS Rookie
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Greetings!

I bumped a curb a while back and was just dealing with the scuff, but it was bothering me so I finally ordered a new OEM PN: G1EZ17626A. I have seen a number of posts talking about how much of a PITA it is to replace the front splitter on our cars. I recalled a conversation that I had with Jessica Livernois where she mentioned that it was super easy. I reached out to her and she shared the pro tip to just break the retainer clips on the damaged splitter. I took this a step further and used a blade to cut one side of each, to reduce the force needed to remove. The entire process took about 10 minutes.

I made a video of this process and thought it might help someone here.

Member #
    Liked
    561 times
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    It always amazes me when people are afraid to think outside the box. The service manual is good and all, but I have found numerous time savings pointers which are not in manual or forum mode, lol.If the part is trash, why not make it better trash, exactly like u did. Thanks for sharing this one.
    Hidden Content maybe stock FW RS1 with Ford Flaps

Hidden Content *Thank you local Ford ASSSHAT dealers for making me drive 900miles back with my car from Logan ,UTAH.lol. Best damn road trip ever thanks again. Yes Fritts Ford, Yes Gosch ,Yes Ken Grody, Yes Perry, yes to all southern Ford California dealers. You are all a frkn joke and I wont ever go back*

RS Rookie
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Exactly! I was slightly hesitant at first but then I thought about it. The scuffed piece will never go back on my car so there is no point in tripling the amount of work just to save some junk.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors