Oregon- Washington RS owners - Page 95
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

Oregon- Washington RS owners

This is a discussion on Oregon- Washington RS owners within the West / West Coast Owners forums, part of the Focus RS Regional Forums category; @ ilDiavel The Proformance school looks like fun I'll have to give them a try soon. Would need to get new tires though as I ...

Page 95 of 97 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 LastLast
Like Tree367Likes

Thread: Oregon- Washington RS owners

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    @ilDiavel
    The Proformance school looks like fun I'll have to give them a try soon. Would need to get new tires though as I do have a plug on one of the tires. Thanks for the links you gave me a new goal to reach.
    ilDiavel likes this.

RS Member
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilDiavel View Post
    Doing the Proformance driving school this Thursday (5/23), and SCCA track night in America Friday (5/24) at Pacific Raceways. Anybody else attend these?

https://proformanceracingschool.com/...mance-driving/

https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/...e-south-may-24
    Awesome - looks like a blast!

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    My Proformance track day Thursday got cancelled! Bummer.... Apparently the new track work they did in the spring is already falling apart. They cut Wednesday to a half day and cancelled all Thursday activities. SCCA is supposedly still on though for this weekend.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hey PNWers. It's been awhile. Hope all is well with you folks. Got out for my first track day for 2019. Nice to shake the cobwebs loose at Shelton with the SCCA kids for TNiA 6/6. My Waylens setup is glitching so no video. Here's a pic snapped by the SCCA:

Name:  i-gc9p92w-X4.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  463.3 KB

It rained for our last session, but we went out (carefully) to get a feel for the wet. Very slow, but really practically no other cars on track. We could get a feel for wet with not traffic at all.

Besides my nephew Alex (also in a white RS), there was a stealth gray RS tracking with us. Belonged to an instructor. Hope to see some more of you all out there. Seems there's always at least one other RS driver for most days I've attended with this car.

Next visit planned: With Proformance, July 4 at Pacific Raceways. It's been a LONG time since I've been there. Apparently there's some new paving. Fingers crossed it holds up awhile. Mostly recon for at least one session. Gradual build, but mostly just having a little fun.

Hey, also, I was in Portugal coincidental to the running of the Rally of Portugal. We didn't overlap locationally with any of the race stages but I was strangely in Coimbra for the "ceremonial start" to the rally. The drivers speak briefly ("yeah I love the fans here"), drive around the block, and park. I caught video and snapshots of a few of the WRC cars parking. Here's Teemu Suninen idling by and parking:

Also strange that I randomly parked myself right where the Ford cars (both WRC and WRC2) parked. All the college student fans (Coimbra is a big college town) were up where the "start" was happening, so I just camped in a spot where people were not but it was clear that the cars were going to be somehow driving through (barriered off with security keeping people out).

Elfyn Evan's car:

Name:  i-kzjxk8g-X3.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  684.1 KB

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by meFiSTo View Post
    Next visit planned: With Proformance, July 4 at Pacific Raceways. It's been a LONG time since I've been there. Apparently there's some new paving. Fingers crossed it holds up awhile. Mostly recon for at least one session. Gradual build, but mostly just having a little fun.
    I'm doing the full day Proformance class on July 3rd, I saw they have a intermediate advanced lap day on July 4th, but I thought they required you to do the 1 day school sometime first? Maybe I'm wrong.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilDiavel View Post
    I'm doing the full day Proformance class on July 3rd, I saw they have a intermediate advanced lap day on July 4th, but I thought they required you to do the 1 day school sometime first? Maybe I'm wrong.
    I misunderstood your note/question here initially. Re-reading it, my response is: Yes, that's correct, their lapping days are tailored to follow their 1-day class. If you have lots of prior experience, especially at their track, but have not taken their specific class, they are likely to assess you with a checkout ride and probably sign you off for solo if you seem safe.
    Last edited by meFiSTo; 06-24-2019 at 06:54 PM. Reason: misinterpreted the question/statement...

RS Member
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    For those who have taken the high performance driving school at Pacific Raceways - was it worth it? I'm wondering if it would be worth doing even if I've done the Adrenaline Academy in the past.

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDiRT View Post
    For those who have taken the high performance driving school at Pacific Raceways - was it worth it? I'm wondering if it would be worth doing even if I've done the Adrenaline Academy in the past.
    I can answer that after the 3rd, lol. The bonus I see is being able to take advantage of the open track times like what meFiSTo is doing on the 4th after. They don't consider the RS academy as proof.

From what I understand, Proformance is the only school in WA that can do race license that is recognized by SCCA as well.

RS Member
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ok that makes sense - they don't really make it clear that you need certification to do the lapping program.

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDiRT View Post
    Ok that makes sense - they don't really make it clear that you need certification to do the lapping program.
    I guess you could always call them about their open lapping events to see if you qualify?

Hopefully they control it a little better than Track Night in America. The last event had more than a few "intermediates" who were down right dangerous, and should have been in Novice.

Page 95 of 97 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors