Colorado RS Owner List - Page 73
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

Colorado RS Owner List

This is a discussion on Colorado RS Owner List within the West / West Coast Owners forums, part of the Focus RS Regional Forums category; Originally Posted by Bushy86 Sorry to cut in on the HG discussion, but I'm a new 2018 RS owner in Denver and figured I'd introduce ...

Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 LastLast
Like Tree270Likes

Thread: Colorado RS Owner List

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushy86 View Post
    Sorry to cut in on the HG discussion, but I'm a new 2018 RS owner in Denver and figured I'd introduce myself.

I had nothing but great experiences when dealing with Groove Subaru with my WRX and was actually planning on buying the RS from Groove Ford; but I really liked the experience I had at Barbee's Freeway Ford. They seem like a much smaller Ford shop compared to some of the others, but worth looking into as they may not have the wait list it sounds like other dealers have. Almost everyone I spoke to from the sales people, to managers to finance sounded like performance geeks.

Nothing makes you enjoy your baby more than a month without it, and in a crossover econobox!

See everyone on the road!
    Unfortunately the problem doesn't appear to be at the dealer level. When I was in last weekend for my regular oil change my tech noticed I was on the wait list for a new head and let it slip that all Ford recalls are like this. She said that for whatever reason they have 0 stock going into the recalls and dealers aren't allowed to have the replacement part at the dealer without the car. Sure...I get that you don't know which dealer an owner will randomly show up at...but why not let them have at least one head gasket on site. Stupid Ford

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroToad View Post
    Any one have recommendations for a body shop in Colorado Springs. I was involved in a hit and run and have damage to my driver rear wheel well and door. I will post pictures up later.
    UGH...sorry to hear that. Unfortunately for you, fortunately for me, I haven't had to have any body shops in the springs work on my ride. I did have a chat with the folks at Clear Max Collision at one point about doing some work, but ended up selling the car for my RS.

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to cut in on the HG discussion, but I'm a new 2018 RS owner in Denver and figured I'd introduce myself.

I had nothing but great experiences when dealing with Groove Subaru with my WRX and was actually planning on buying the RS from Groove Ford; but I really liked the experience I had at Barbee's Freeway Ford. They seem like a much smaller Ford shop compared to some of the others, but worth looking into as they may not have the wait list it sounds like other dealers have. Almost everyone I spoke to from the sales people, to managers to finance sounded like performance geeks.

Nothing makes you enjoy your baby more than a month without it, and in a crossover econobox!

See everyone on the road!
    Great to hear about positive experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by NitroToad View Post
    Any one have recommendations for a body shop in Colorado Springs. I was involved in a hit and run and have damage to my driver rear wheel well and door. I will post pictures up later.
    I’m no help re a shop but that the repair process goes well.
    2017 Frozen White RS

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Does anyone in the Springs have a preferred detailing shop? Money isn't an issue...but quality of work will be. Biggest issue is going to be the interior detailing as we had huskies and their fur gets into EVERYTHING.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Frost White FoRS on Deer Creek/High Grade today, on 5/12/18? I was coming down on my bike (in a blue Groove Subaru Excel Sports kit, on a black with fluo yellow
    bike) and you were coming up I gave a thumbs up. Need to join you down there in my RS one day!

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So last night I got out to my car after a long day at the office. Push the start button and *click*...nada. Tried to jump it with a coworker and got a *click* along with my drivers side wiper flying off the windshield. Ford Roadside had it towed to Naughton since it was the closest thing to the office. They said they will test the battery today to see if it died...and if not...it will be a week before they can look at it. *sigh* I'm really starting to hate this car.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    They called me back. Car is starting now. It appears that when they did the head gasket repair they failed to tighten down the negative terminal on the battery. grrrrrr!! +1 for Mike Naughton Ford -100 Phil Long Ford Chapel Hills

RS Noob
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Picking mine up tomorrow. 17 SG based out of west Greeley.

bear with me but... What grade fuel are folks in CO using? I've always just had economy cars that run fine on economy fuel, but with this being a performance vehicle, I'd like to feel a bit more confident that I'm taking care of it.

As I'm sure you all know, 91 isn't as common up here as it is in the lowlands, so I'm curious if everyone just rolls with premium 89, or if 91 is sought out specifically. (I've got a couple places I fill my bike up with ethanol-free 87 or 91, and while I don't mind taking the RS there, I'm curious if its a must-do, a recommendation, or only when I plan to really put it to the floor)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

RS Noob
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by philiop2001 View Post
    Picking mine up tomorrow. 17 SG based out of west Greeley.

bear with me but... What grade fuel are folks in CO using? I've always just had economy cars that run fine on economy fuel, but with this being a performance vehicle, I'd like to feel a bit more confident that I'm taking care of it.

As I'm sure you all know, 91 isn't as common up here as it is in the lowlands, so I'm curious if everyone just rolls with premium 89, or if 91 is sought out specifically. (I've got a couple places I fill my bike up with ethanol-free 87 or 91, and while I don't mind taking the RS there, I'm curious if its a must-do, a recommendation, or only when I plan to really put it to the floor)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Congrats on the new ride. I *always* run premium (91) in my RS. Not sure if you meant 93 instead of 91, but every Colorado gas station I've used carries 91 octane.
    philiop2001 likes this.

RS Noob
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Frost White FoRS on Deer Creek/High Grade today, on 5/12/18? I was coming down on my bike (in a blue Groove Subaru Excel Sports kit, on a black with fluo yellow
    bike) and you were coming up I gave a thumbs up. Need to join you down there in my RS one day!
    I realize this post is a year old, but I live in the area (North Turkey Creek) and that was probably me. Cheers.
    Bushy86 likes this.

Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors