Virginia RS owners - Page 47
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

Virginia RS owners

This is a discussion on Virginia RS owners within the Southeast RS Owners forums, part of the Focus RS Regional Forums category; Originally Posted by HuskerBT Does anyone here on the forums park their RS during the work day in Chantilly next to the post office and ...

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: Virginia RS owners

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerBT View Post
    Does anyone here on the forums park their RS during the work day in Chantilly next to the post office and wholesale restaurant warehouse? It is electric blue and I can see it from my office windows!
    Seen a Stealth Grey RS on Westfields Blvd yesterday near the post office, heading east - RS's are all over Chantilly/Centreville - lol
    2017 Ford Focus RS Shadow Black - Upgrades: Cobb ECM stage 1, Injen CAI, Mountune short shift arm, Steeda clutch pedal spring, MSD coil packs, NGK cold plugs, Mountune 20mm wheel spacers, Mountune Exhaust, Mountune mud flaps, Mountune double catch cans

RS Rookie
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    2017 NB, pulled in to the service bay at Koons Falls Church Ford this afternoon only to see another NB waiting in the dropoff...about 10 feet from another NB. Service adviser looked at me and said "uh, was there a memo about blue focus day or something?"

Solid color choice my dudes.
    HuskerBT likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Definitely popular, and looks good - wonder how many black ones like mine were shuffled outta the factory? Methinks, not too many
    2017 Ford Focus RS Shadow Black - Upgrades: Cobb ECM stage 1, Injen CAI, Mountune short shift arm, Steeda clutch pedal spring, MSD coil packs, NGK cold plugs, Mountune 20mm wheel spacers, Mountune Exhaust, Mountune mud flaps, Mountune double catch cans

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Its_Sooder View Post
    Sorry to reply back to you so late there friend.

https://www.dotsontuning.com/pages/tuning < Calvin performed the tune. Satisfied with it, overall. No issues, just took a bit of time to dial in some base line runs, nonetheless he has earned my business.

I don't have substantial upgrades in comparison to ardevas09, I have a full turbo back and intake, and was quite impressed with what Calvin was able to accomplish. It had been well over a decade since I've had someone tune my car, in general. So, I was hesitant on the idea of E-tuners, went with Mach V as a safe alternative, and as a consolation they are a Cobb Certified Pro Tuner.

Attachment 323456

Conservative tune, that still allows me to achieve 25mpg (mixed drive), and have a little fun when switching to Sport mode.

I got tuned by Calvin at MachV also. Our numbers are way different though... 🤔

My power mods are the following;

✔️Cobb Accessport
    ✔️Cobb catback exhaust
    ✔️Mountune front mount intercooler
    ✔️Mountune charge pipe kit
    ✔️Mountune high flow intake
    ✔️Mountune sound suppression chamber
    ✔️Mountune recirculation valve
    ✔️Mountune (Turbosmart) wastegate actuator
    ✔️NGK iridium IX 1 step colder spark plugs

Name:  358747E7-580F-4A53-BFC1-8C9D888C457F.jpeg
Views: 24
Size:  2.51 MB
    HuskerBT likes this.
    1994 Canary Yellow Mustang GT 5.0 - Sold
    2004 World Rally Blue Subaru WRX - Sold
    2011 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi - Sold
    2002 Dark Blue Subaru Legacy L - Sold
    2012 Black Ford Focus Titanium - Traded in
    2017 Frozen White Ford Focus RS
    -Order Date: 04/01/2017
    -Build Dates: 06/01/2017-06/03/2017
    -Confirmed on boat: 06/30/2017
    -Arrived at Port: 07/12/2017
    -Arrived at Dealer: 08/24/2017
    -Took delivery: 08/24/2017

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys - good info! Going to Mach V asap.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone painted or coated the cheap plastic-ee fog lamp surrounds? They make the front end look like junk, and carbon fiber replacements are expensive - like $450 for the pair. My Ford guy mentioned a wrap, but I have never done that.

RS Rookie
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Focus_Pocus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RVAGREYRS View Post
    Hello! RS in Midlothian just southwest of Richmond. Definitely late to posting here but I joined the community some time back, but never really caught up to posting. Stealth Grey 2016, and its my first hot hatch which makes it all the more exciting.

I have already been through the worst possible scenario with the car so I'm keeping it for life at this point. When its beaten down and broken it'll find some new life as a project car.

Purchased the car CPO in November of 2017, got about 3 total weeks of use out of it before the dreaded head gasket issue became a reality. Scorched the engine block really good in cylinder 3. Got a brand new engine block and assembly shipped out from Spain and installed in the car for $0.00 at 23k miles and a full service on the drive-train components (Sheehy Ford Midlothian)
    Purrs like a kitten now and I have been enjoying it ever since.

No engine modifications yet, just an AWE aftermarket tuner exhaust (muffled) which was there already when I purchased it (sounds just right, not too loud or obnoxious but has some growl) and some EBC yellowstuff pads and new rotors.

Hopefully now that things have settled a bit I'll be able to hit some local car meets and join some groups.
    Welcome! Another SG here in the Richmond area, too few of us here.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Another fellow Richmond driver here- 2017 NB. I have only seen a fellow NB on Powhite Parkway a couple of times in the year+ Ive had it. Although I do remember an SG in the parking lot of my old apartment a few years ago.
    '17 NB RS- soon to be gone

2008 Z06 Atomic Orange.

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors